My Journey to all Final Fantasy Platinums (sort of)

FinalFro

21 hours ago, FinalFro said:

Final Fantasy VII (Switch port

Why not platinum this? It's on the PS4 and I got the platinum for this. :(

However, I do appreciate your dedication. I don't think I can do 9, 10, or 10-2, and I'm not re-buying a PS3 just for FFXIII or its terrible sequels. (I played XIII once, got up to Chapter 8 and bailed out. The combat wasn't jelling with me.) Not going to do XV either.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 8:14 AM, Taruta13 said:

Why not platinum this? It's on the PS4 and I got the platinum for this. :(

Ah, I will eventually! I didn't make this very clear. At the moment this is fully just a sentimental reason to not play on PS4 right away and a little bit of a financial one too. My Fiance with her first bonus once we got together bought me the VII an VIII bundle pack because I made an offhand comment about wanting it and it meant a lot that she thought about me and used her earning for it. Unfortuantely I've never got around to playing it though. 

I think to get the story I'll play the switch version and then I'll purchase the the PS4 version for the trophies further down the line. 

However, I do appreciate your dedication. I don't think I can do 9, 10, or 10-2, and I'm not re-buying a PS3 just for FFXIII or its terrible sequels. (I played XIII once, got up to Chapter 8 and bailed out. The combat wasn't jelling with me.) Not going to do XV either.

Thank you! This has been bouncing around in my head for a while and I've never had the set up to do it, I think it will take me a good old while to get it done, but the journey so far has been a blast so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to do it. 

Thankfully from what I've seen, the games that people have the most struggle with completeing are actually the ones that I've enjoyed the most because I played them when I was younger, so I'm actually looking forward to X and XIII. I've not looked at the trophy lists yet though so that I don't phsych myself out for anything coming up haha

I loved XV, it's a bad game in terms of a AAA with the cut content, but I was able to get past that. I enjoyed the journey but not the destination 

Good luck on your platinum journey. I plan on doing the same thing. Here's what I got so far and what I plan on doing in the future :

Mainline

Final Fantasy I (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy II (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy III (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy IV (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy V (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy VI (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy VII (Switch port, then 7 Remake, 7 Rebirth, 7 Part 3) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy VIII (PS4 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy IX (PS4 Digital) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy X (PS4 X/X-2 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS4 X/X-2 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XII (PS4 The Zodiac Age) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360 on Series X) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360 on Series X) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns (Xbox 360 on Series X) No interest in going for the platinum

Final Fantasy XIV Almost done with the platinum
Final Fantasy XV (PS4) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) Will go for the platinum

Spin offs

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PS5 Remake) Almost done with the platinum
Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4) Will probably go for it 
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)  No interest in going for the platinum
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (Xbox Series X) Will go for the platinum
Theatrhythm: Final Line Bar (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum

Kingdom Hearts All in One Package (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns (Xbox 360 on Series X) No interest in going for the platinum

I find it funny that out of all the FFs you plan on hitting, this game gets the shaft. Then again, it was the worst of the XIII trinity so I don't blame you. The attempt to capitalize on X-2's Dresspheres fell flat. xD

Will prob do the rest of the Pixel Remasters. I already have VII and VIII, don't plan on touching IX, X or X-2, can't do XIII or its bad sequels, and not really interested in either XV or XVI, despite the hype of the latter. Definitely will complete the World of FF.

Also, I don't care if they have FF characters in them, Kingdom Hearts series isn't a Final Fantasy Spinoff. It's a Disney property. :P

Edited by Taruta13

9 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I find it funny that out of all the FFs you plan on hitting, this game gets the shaft. Then again, it was the worst of the XIII trinity so I don't blame you. The attempt to capitalize on X-2's Dresspheres fell flat. xD

Will prob do the rest of the Pixel Remasters. I already have VII and VIII, don't plan on touching IX, X or X-2, can't do XIII or its bad sequels, and not really interested in either XV or XVI, despite the hype of the latter. Definitely will complete the World of FF.

Also, I don't care if they have FF characters in them, Kingdom Hearts series isn't a Final Fantasy Spinoff. It's a Disney property. :P

I enjoyed the first two games, XIII-2 more than the first one, but I have no interest in the third one mostly because the story revolves around Lightning ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Hey, woah, hey. Don't slander KH!

While at heart I think you're correct, characters from FF make a common appearance and I'd argue that the main characters that are origianl characters are FF characters more than Disney characters. 

6 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

I enjoyed the first two games, XIII-2 more than the first one, but I have no interest in the third one mostly because the story revolves around Lightning 1f605.png

Honestly this is my main reservation about Lightning returns. XIII and -2 were good IMO because they weren't centered around the weakest character. 

23 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Good luck on your platinum journey. I plan on doing the same thing. Here's what I got so far and what I plan on doing in the future :

Mainline

Final Fantasy I (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy II (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy III (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy IV (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy V (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy VI (PS4 Pixel Remaster) Will go for the platinum
Final Fantasy VII (Switch port, then 7 Remake, 7 Rebirth, 7 Part 3) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy VIII (PS4 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy IX (PS4 Digital) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy X (PS4 X/X-2 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS4 X/X-2 Remaster) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XII (PS4 The Zodiac Age) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360 on Series X) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360 on Series X) Already have the platinum

Final Fantasy XIV Almost done with the platinum
Final Fantasy XV (PS4) Already have the platinum
Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) Will go for the platinum

Spin offs

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PS5 Remake) Almost done with the platinum
Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4) Will probably go for it 
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)  No interest in going for the platinum
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (Xbox Series X) Will go for the platinum
Theatrhythm: Final Line Bar (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum

Kingdom Hearts All in One Package (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (PS4) No interest in going for the platinum

This is really good progress, don't a lot of it already! I with you luck too :) Can I ask how long you've been working on this for?

Not gunna lie guys, I'm struggling with FF1, I'm having to force myself to play it in 20-30 minute bursts. It's not really jelling with me too well. I'm loving the art and the combat, but I'm feeling the games age

On 02/05/2023 at 5:09 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Ah that's so cool! Don't know how I missed this when it's one of the first links that comes up when you google something like "all FF trophies" ? As soon as I have my first platinum I'll join in on that

I've been making good progress on FF1 - decided to to just use a guide for the whole game and I'm about half way through now. I think with a guide this is an easier Plat. I mostly play at work in my down time so my milage varies each day but managed to get about an hour in today haha!

As a little side note, I've realised that my trophies on PSN Profiles aren't up to date, do these just not update often or have I done something to break it?

On 02/05/2023 at 8:23 PM, Taruta13 said:

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts III in the future, I'm not slandering that great franchise. xD

KH3 is good! Not as good as 2, but I don't think they'll ever make one as good as 2 again!

On 02/05/2023 at 4:24 PM, FinalFro said:

Not gunna lie guys, I'm struggling with FF1, I'm having to force myself to play it in 20-30 minute bursts. It's not really jelling with me too well. I'm loving the art and the combat, but I'm feeling the games age

It's because they made it beyond easy. There's hardly any story either so there's just nothing left to grip you.

I remember in the 90s they released Mystic Quest because they thought the West was too stupid and crap at Video games to play a proper RPG. Fast forward to now and wow... Compare ff1 pixel remaster to Mystic Quest and Mystic Quest is miles harder. I guess it just shows how easy games are now.

43 minutes ago, FinalFro said:

KH3 is good! Not as good as 2, but I don't think they'll ever make one as good as 2 again!

I agree on quality. KH2 had great story beats and great mechanics and some challenging boss fights(I died to Xaldin 1 multiple times when I first played it, he was my archenemy :P)... but the trophy list for KH2 Final Mix is not for me because I have trouble dealing with having to complete Critical Mode where even normal Large Bodies one-shot me. :(

I do like watching people playing the KH2 randomizer mod(not on PS4, on PC only because you can't mod the PS4 version) but I wish they refined the other KH randomizers.

3 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I remember in the 90s they released Mystic Quest because they thought the West was too stupid and crap at Video games to play a proper RPG. Fast forward to now and wow... Compare ff1 pixel remaster to Mystic Quest and Mystic Quest is miles harder. I guess it just shows how easy games are now.

Speaking of randomizers, I've played the Mystic Quest randomizer and found it fun. I love randomizers because there is the chance you will get the best items in the game and breeze eveything, and the chance that you will get nothing good until near the end of the game and have to struggle. ^_^

On 5/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, FinalFro said:

As a little side note, I've realised that my trophies on PSN Profiles aren't up to date, do these just not update often or have I done something to break it?

If you buy a premium membership here it updates once per 6 hours or you can update it yourself up to once per minute. It's 100% worth it, it's like $13 for life, no subscription. If you're serious about getting all FF trophies, I recommend premium here if for nothing else but to never have ads lol

On 5/9/2023 at 4:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

If you buy a premium membership here it updates once per 6 hours or you can update it yourself up to once per minute. It's 100% worth it, it's like $13 for life, no subscription. If you're serious about getting all FF trophies, I recommend premium here if for nothing else but to never have ads lol

I might look into that. I am getting annoyed by the ads that pop up on this forum. xD

On 09/05/2023 at 10:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

I'll have to take a look at this, thanks for the heads up :)

On 06/05/2023 at 0:17 AM, Taruta13 said:

I agree on quality. KH2 had great story beats and great mechanics and some challenging boss fights(I died to Xaldin 1 multiple times when I first played it, he was my archenemy :P)... but the trophy list for KH2 Final Mix is not for me because I have trouble dealing with having to complete Critical Mode where even normal Large Bodies one-shot me. :(

I do like watching people playing the KH2 randomizer mod(not on PS4, on PC only because you can't mod the PS4 version) but I wish they refined the other KH randomizers.

Having beat SoP now and played through a few leavels on the hardest difficulty I feel ready to take on any ARPG on the hardest difficulty. I've finished KH2 on Critical a couple of times, but never have I gone out of the way to do extra side content. I think I may have to start weaving in KH games and get KH1 finished befor FFXVI comes out. I feel the urge haha!

On the note of finishing games, I've now finished FF1, Honestly not got that much to say about it. Platinum was easy following a guide the whole game, it was a nice experience to absorb and I liked the setting and the fights that were actually hard. I got a bit lucky and only spent about 40 mins looking for the Warmech, I actually spent longer (1 hour) looking for the Iron Golem in the chaos shrine!

I still haven't had the time to write up a mini review of HL and SoP, life and work has been busy, but I have added my thoughts on FF1 :)