Speedster Trophy: Should I rollover or go legit?

TJF588

After blasting through all I care to for my (seven deaths/continues...) Proud playthrough save for tackling the gummi ship missions, I was still some time away from 100hrs, which I came to learn could be used to revalidate my game save for the Speedster trophy. So now, after leaving my PS3 running for yesterday, last night, and today, I'm a few hours from a dilemma:

Should I go ahead and knock this trophy out for sake of coming closer to completion, or...

Should I go for it legitimately, especially considering the world record's in the three-hour range?

On one hand, I could see it as a hallmark of a flaw in the timer's design, a reminder of the humorous work-overs of game system. On the other, I could rise to the occasion for a game I'm fond of, and keep it as a reminder of yet another way I'd've played. Just...do I care enough about Kingdom Hearts to do a speedrun when there's no in-game purpose for it? I mean, I've pushed myself through some Metroid: Zero Mission for gallery unlocks, but this is just for the metagame. And even if I decide to speedrun it later, I'd have a save file if I needed to prove it to the 0 people who care.

How would any'a youse weigh in on this?

Well, more like 60-70, not counting resets. I've just had it running besides. To do it now is to take on the final boss rush as an Übermensch. To do it legitimately is to decide if I also want to go for Unchanging Armor as part of my Final Mix run, since I'd prolly wanna do Speedster (and Undefeated?) on Eazi Modo.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna sacrifice this'n to the revel of cheesing it. If I feel like proving myself later, screenshot evidence'll suffice. We're all dead, in due time, so I'll do as I cheese.

EDIT2: Well, deed is done. But, to my benefit (aside from some KH3D deets), I'm now following Cyberman on Twitch.

Edited by TJF588

• 5 weeks later...

I know this comes out late but anyway, might be usefull for anyone wondering about it in the future...

You'll have to play the game on easy for the trophy and you can do the speedster, undefeated and unchanging armor in less then 5 hours easily so waiting for the clock to reset is not only a waste of normal time but it would also take you more time in the end.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Go legit honestly, 15 hours is more than a generous time given in my opinion if you skip all cutscenes! I got the platinum a few months back and I would recommend killing a few birds in one stone using this method...

1: Choose beginner difficulty (to get bronze trophy upon completion)
2: Do not change your weapon for the entirety of the game that includes armour and party member's armour (to get silver trophy)
3: Do NOT die or if you do? "Load game" not continue, but you shouldn't be dying despite the lack of armour it IS beginner mode.

4: You do NOT need to do either A: Atlantica B: Halloweentown, I'd say skip Atlantica due to the hard Ursula boss and all the stupid and awkward backtracking.

5: Skip cutscenes and use the free power ups on Sora which are given on Beginner mode

I did it in about 9hrs 13 mins I think, more than enough time :) besides it is much quicker than allowing 100hrs accumulate on your save file

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the matter of the clock and 100 hours, each save has it's own clock which indicates the playtime, hasn't it?

Yes, but if your save hits the 100 hours the clock will reset to 0, so if you finish the game after that and before the clock reaches the 15 hours again you'll unlock the trophy.

It's a waste of time though, because replaying the game again on beginner you'll reach the end in less time then the time you'll waste waiting for the clock to reset, even if you do everything else in the game.

Yes, but if your save hits the 100 hours the clock will reset to 0, so if you finish the game after that and before the clock reaches the 15 hours again you'll unlock the trophy.

It's a waste of time though, because replaying the game again on beginner you'll reach the end in less time then the time you'll waste waiting for the clock to reset, even if you do everything else in the game.

Wow, I didn't know there was such a glitch. Anyway, it's not worth it, as you say it is really easy, I even got it right now in my Proud run

I like these kind of trophies, not only for the challenge, but because it forces to approach the game from a different perspective.

I did this along with the unchanging armor, and no deaths on easy mode.

Go for it.

Also if you like this type of challenge, play Muramasa Rebirth; I got the trophy for beating the game in under three hours with about a two minutes to spare. ;)

Wow, I didn't know there was such a glitch. Anyway, it's not worth it, as you say it is really easy, I even got it right now in my Proud run

It's not really a glitch, the clock resets and changes colors everytime it reaches 99:59, but the trophy is probably programed to unlock by checking if the time is <15:00 so it doesn't even knows it's way over 100 hours.

Anyway it's really easy, I got mine on Beginner together with Undefeated and Unchanging Armour at around 4:30 hours at level 44 by just skipping every non mandatory fight, Olympus, 100 acre woods and Atlantica.