Weapon Leveling

DrakeHellsing

I'm at level 13 with swords and I tried the Blood Sword thing, but it didn't seem to do anything. It got me to level 13, but I tried another battle, attacked myself a few times, ended the fight, and absolutely zero progress on the weapon skill. No bar movement or anything of the sorts.

Would it be better to just grab two long swords and fight enemies and hope that something will happen that way? I definitely want to get this and the magic skill done before I go through the Jade Passage (that way, they're just out of my hair).

With the blood sword method, you need to attack yourself for many many turns, and it's NOT auto-able

The quickest method is to equip a very low attack sword and go to West of Salamand, Both Captain and Big Horn enemies will get very low damage and you can just turn auto battle on and leave it for a few turns then either kill them or then run away. it should take you just a few minutes to reach 16 (you still need to do 3 battles since you can only get 1 level per battle) (I think I did like 5 attacks/turns to get from 15 to 16...)

Btw, you don't have to kill your party with this method, just use defend with everyone except the attacker and turn auto battle for a few turns then finish the battle (kill all enemies at first except one Captain or Big Horn)

Credit to Lylat and her Steam Guide

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

With the blood sword method, you need to attack yourself for many many turns, and it's NOT auto-able

The quickest method is to equip a very low attack sword and go to West of Salamand, Both Captain and Big Horn enemies will get very low damage and you can just turn auto battle on and leave it for a few turns then either kill them or then run away. it should take you just a few minutes to reach 16 (you still need to do 3 battles since you can only get 1 level per battle) (I think I did like 5 attacks/turns to get from 15 to 16...)

Btw, you don't have to kill your party with this method, just use defend with everyone except the attacker and turn auto battle for a few turns then finish the battle (kill all enemies at first except one Captain or Big Horn)

Credit to Lylat and her Steam Guide

Just did the long sword method in the area you stated and it worked wonders actually, so I got the trophy. I even used the area to just attack my own people so I could get Cure leveled up fully, and then another battle leveling Flare up once to get the magic trophy done.

The blood sword works with cursor memory. As long as you hold down 'x' against a weak monster, you'll attack yourself (and heal yourself) over and over until the monster flees. I think - and don't quote me on this - it takes around 10-12 attacks per battle to level up swords from 10->16.

Edited by Shemhazat

On 4/29/2023 at 7:31 PM, Shemhazat said:

The blood sword works with cursor memory. As long as you hold down 'x' against a weak monster, you'll attack yourself (and heal yourself) over and over until the monster flees. I think - and don't quote me on this - it takes around 10-12 attacks per battle to level up swords from 10->16.

Bombs and enemies like them are great to do this with since they can't hurt you unless you attack them. I'm currently in the final area and doing this with a bomb. Just got cure to level 16

Use the spell "Toad" on the character you want to level his weapon up. Go in a fight, kill every enemy except one, attack with the character which has the toad status and defend with everyone else. Let it autopilot and after a few attacks end the round with a character who has not the toad status.. With that method i got my weapon from 12 to 16 in under 20 minutes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I also had problems getting the last levels, then found the following good spot:

The Blackpuddings in the Mysidia Cave are almost immune to physical attacks, it takes a long time to defeat them with attacks (10-20 attacks per enemy at least) and they do little to no damage. Equip the character you want to level with 2x the weakest weapon of the type to be leveled, place everyone in the formation in the back row, cast one or two protection spells if necessary and then set everyone except the character to be leveled to defense. I gained one level per fight (2-4 min per fight max)