not looking good for Redfall...

craig_obviously

I personally play more Xbox than PS, but I love both consoles and don't really take sides.

My two cents is that this isn't really an Xbox problem. For example, Tango released Hi-Fi rush on Xbox and that could be a GOTY contender based off reviewed. Redfall was a bit of an "off-piste" game for Arkane and it just felt a bit rushed. Think it was just flawed execution on a side-project game rather than a deep-rooted problem at Microsoft. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

Redfall looks to me like one of those games which existed only to provide developers a job in making games, nothing more.

Just as there are actors in movies and TV shows who don’t seem to care much about the final product they appear in, to these people film acting is just their occupation they enjoy and get paid for. Adam Sandler is a great example of this, however Uncut Gems and the earlier films he’s acted in are exceptions.

It looks to me as if the original idea for this game on the part of Arcane was something completely different, but then they were forced by the Bethesda managers to turn it into another co-op looter shooter. This is the third time Bethesda has fallen flat on its face with this idea, after Fallout 76 and Youngblood.

If there is anything positive to take away from the Redfall disaster, I think it is that they have now seen that Arcane can't make this kind of game and hopefully next time they will be allowed to make something they are good at and have already proven that.