not looking good for Redfall...

craig_obviously

39 minutes ago, Ashande said:

That’s aside from all of the PCs being cringe inducing. One of them is described on her splash screen as “The Telepathic Threat in Student Debt!”

That would be a great title for a new game though. lol

Maybe the name "Redfall" is relating to the sales of the game when the game is released? Ba dum tisch

Edited by enaysoft

Microsoft will probably wreck id Software next. Watch Doom 6 be not as good as Eternal, or even get it completely wrong thanks to the magic of executive meddling. Or maybe id's staff might jump ship after they have enough of Microsoft's BS.

Rare is pretty much no more. No wonder MS had Killer Instinct done by new devs. At least Ken Lobb was a director. The Rare staff that did the original Williams/Midway KI series for arcades have left. Battletoads? Rare was only in a support role to the lead developer, Dlala Studios.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

That’s aside from all of the PCs being cringe inducing. One of them is described on her splash screen as “The Telepathic Threat in Student Debt!"

The cringe writing has been obvious since the start lol, the reveal trailer was full of god-awful dialogue/character interactions and specifically the final line of the trailer is that character complaining about her student debt directly after finishing a fight with a big evil vampire lady (which maybe it's just me but that is a weird time to bring that up.) Though honestly right before that she has a quip where she calls a character "Edgar Allan Bro" which I found to be way worse and I sunk in my chair from second hand embarrassment despite being home alone during the Xbox showcase.

Shame about the gameplay though, but at the same time this is Arkane Austin who did Prey 2017 as well and as much as I freaking love that game it was always at its worst when you had to actually aim a gun at something and kill it. Was one of the reasons I spec'd my character to avoid combat as much as possible. Also that game launched with really bad input lag problems as well, though I played it way after the fact so never saw first hand how bad it was before patches. It just came up a lot when I was searching to see if the game supported 60 FPS on PS5.

Edited by ZenaxPure
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Microsoft will probably wreck id Software next. Watch Doom 6 be not as good as Eternal, or even get it completely wrong thanks to the magic of executive meddling. Or maybe id's staff might jump ship after they have enough of Microsoft's BS.

Rare is pretty much no more. No wonder MS had Killer Instinct done by new devs. At least Ken Lobb was a director. The Rare staff that did the original Williams/Midway KI series for arcades have left. Battletoads? Rare was only in a support role to the lead developer, Dlala Studios.

Doesn't ms still have that 18 month contract for their devs? Assuming that's the case, the contracts of the people who worked on doom eternal will expire soon 

Well the results are in:

Metacritic on console: 64 for both

Metacritic on PC: 63 for Forspoken, 62 for Redfall

Opencritic on Forspoken: Fair, 67 average, and 29% critics recommend

Opencritic on Redfall: Weak, 65 average, 25 critics recommend

Steam reviews: Forspoken 60% positive reviews. Redfall 29% positive reviews.

The scariest review for Xbox I'd say is the Engadget review whose title is "Good enough for Game Pass". Many already believe that sort of view of course, but if it catches on to a mainstream level that Gamepass day and date is largely for junk then that will only help further kill Microsoft's subscription monopoly dream.

They set the bar at being better than Forspoken and could not make it, though I'm sure they'll focus on that console Metacritic being the same and rule it a draw. Also I have to note something also because it is yet another case of Microsoft and their deceptive ways. Everyone should be familiar with the fact that there are certain reviewing sites that are focused towards a platform. PlayStation has them, Nintendo has them, and of course so does Xbox. So why am I bringing this up? Simple. The PlayStation and Nintendo sites aren't ones that get found inflating scores because there is nothing strange in them giving a game on the platform a 9 or even a 10 if numerous non-platform based sites are also giving 9s and 10s. Even the third party games which haven't done well you don't really see any inflation. Xbox on the other hand is different because you have the likes of Gamespot and others giving a game like Redfall a 4 while Xbox sites are giving it as high as 8.5, more than double. Note also that these Xbox sites will at times actually review PlayStation exclusives such as Horizon and they oddly never seem to break beyond an 8, and only God of War managed that with others usually getting a 7 (one got a 6 if I recall correctly). PlayStation and Nintendo sites meanwhile as I look through the recent Xbox games I can recall (hard I know) don't seem to come up so they aren't playing this game of knocking another platform's games.

Now you might now think, well Xbox fans are just more into console wars and that is reflected in these sites. Certainly not impossible, but we have to remember that we're dealing with an astroturfing company. Xbox astroturfs online hard because unlike PlayStation and Nintendo they simply don't have a large base that will talk good/defend you for free, so they have shills and literal Xbots to do that for them. They were exposed using such tactics during the Xbox One launch period so I'm not just bringing this up out of nowhere. As such, because you can't trust Xbox to not be astroturfing, my view is that these Xbox sites you see, there isn't a huge number of them thankfully as too many would be too obvious, are shills for Microsoft to inflate the scores of their games and bring down the scores of their competition, which is PlayStation as these sites appear to avoid doing the same to Nintendo's games.

17 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I don't know if Microsoft management is completely to blame for this one. Initailly, I was interested in it just because Arkane was attached to it and I've loved every game of theirs I've played. However, any FOMO I had immediately went away when I saw the gameplay showcases. The game looks very generic and uninspired. The issue seems to be with the creatives at Arkane as it conceptually seems to be flawed. Even if it had a 60fps mode and it ran smoothly, the game looks boring. I think you can blame Xbox management for the 30fps debacle and whatever bugs surface, but it's not like any of Arkane's previous releases went smoothly anyways. They were always a buggy mess but there was always something unique in the gameplay and atmosphere of their games, which cannot be said for Redfall

They had what? 2 years under Xbox as they were developing the game. Either Xbox could not fix the game up to something presentable during that time, and I recall an article that said at least that ID software was sent in to assist. I don't recall if Microsoft engineers were sent in on Redfall, think that was just Starfield. Or, Xbox looked at what it had these past two years and gave the ok that everything was fine. Either way Xbox management looks incompetent. Another publisher in their situation would have likely cancelled the game 2 years ago and got the people there working on something else, which I doubt the people working on it would have minded considering all the talk we've been hearing about how clear it is that nobody had any passion towards making the game.

22 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Bet you all the money in my pocket, against all the money in your pocket, that it went down like this:

From what I recall this guy stooges for Microsoft a bunch which only makes the comment more effective. Does appear that Xbox indeed forced it out which is incredible. Usually mismanagement falls into one of two camps. Either things are given too much time or they're not given enough time. Xbox the geniuses that they are apparently can manage both at the same time. They allowed a project like this to have plenty of time and didn't give them pushes in the correct direction like they should be doing, and then when their patience finally ended they disregarded any talk that it simply wasn't ready and had it rushed out. Truly an incredible management team down at Xbox.

19 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why would I expect Microsoft quality control from future Activision games?

I agree with you. As I've said in the Activision thread. Microsoft has made the case to regulators that in essence they're incompetent and so should have Activision so they can better compete. To me, and many others, Microsoft being incompetent is a reason for them to not be allowed to own Activison.

Note on the below. Doing that long post I thought you said why would you expect Microsoft quality control from Bethesda so I was puzzled and wrote the below. I'm keeping it around because it still makes a point, but that is why I wrote the below.

---

Microsoft owns Bethesda. As owners they need to be overseeing development and putting it on the right track if it is going off the rails, especially if things are going badly. It doesn't matter that the game didn't start development under them and was only under them the 2 years, it was up to Xbox management to either cancel the game 2 years ago or to put in manpower and money in to salvage the game. So yes, this failure is on them too.

Though this hands off thing as said often enough now, is the Microsoft trademark. I recall an article by a Rare guy that made it pretty clear how bad being under Microsoft is compared to someone like Nintendo. With Nintendo they had Nintendo guys chiming in now and then keeping them on the right track, and Nintendo being Nintendo knows what they're talking about. With Xbox it was just handle it yourself (which might be best as can you trust Xbox management to know how to help?) which hey sounds great, no boss getting in your way, but usually leads to bad times.

---

19 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

As much as I enjoy learning that I'm not missing out on anything with this release. Shouldn't this go in the Xbox Series forum post? I worry that topics like this will end with an abundance of console war spam.

I think it is fine where it is. This Redfall release has been a big event online. Also on the matter of console wars you might not be aware but Xbox has been console warring pretty hard lately (more so than usual) and what goes on this site by comparison is light stuff.

11 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

The last few months there has been news of important people at Microsoft owned studios leaving so the odds of future messes are certainly good. The flashpoint is going to be that Starfield release which as @Vault-TecPhantom surmised, many people assume people will give a free ride because "Bethesda WRPGs always have bugs so its fine" but Bethesda may well have used up all that goodwill with Fallout 76, add on top how people seem to have lost any patience for Xbox mismanagement, and it could well go very badly if Starfield doesn't perform. According to the Hi-Fi Rush leaker, who also stated Redfall was a total mess, Starfield is apparently also a mess (worse than Redfall according to them). Considering it has been straight up reported that Microsoft has sent it in its very finest engineers to help Starfield I can believe it.

As for Doom and such... devs must feel horrible even if it ends up fine. With the studios under Sony/Nintendo once they're bought they go on to sell more than they have ever done. That feels good. With Microsoft you get doomed to selling nowhere close to what you used to, which is certainly not helped by being on Gamepass.

6 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

Doesn't ms still have that 18 month contract for their devs? Assuming that's the case, the contracts of the people who worked on doom eternal will expire soon 

Bethesda is officially separate from Xbox studios (though still under CEO Spencer and his top guys) so it is possible they still retain some of their policies and haven't had Microsoft ones forced on them. Of course the issue with that is that the owning company usually only plays nice for so long before they force their policies so they may have been forced into doing that much more by now. I say much more because most companies do in fact use contractors. The issue isn't so much the fact that the process is used, it is the fact that Microsoft uses it to such a heavy degree and makes much of the workforce such people.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I did not realise Bethesda has been under Xbox for 2 years already. This fact actually shifts the blame almost completely to xbox management. The problem continues to be the mindset of 'Not a good game but good enough for gamepass'. 

I wonder how starfield will play out, as bethesda games are usually dysfunctional enough on console on launch. Let alone having to cater to a weaker system like the Series S and potentially having influence from xbox's shitty development habits for the past 2 years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Microsoft owns Activision. As owners they need to be overseeing development and putting it on the right track if it is going off the rails, especially if things are going badly. It doesn't matter that the game didn't start development under them and was only under them the 2 years, it was up to Xbox management to either cancel the game 2 years ago or to put in manpower and money in to salvage the game. So yes, this failure is on them too.

They're attempting to own Activision. Deal hasn't gone through yet and won't for a while, given how poorly it's been going for them with Europe.

Judging from the current state of the Xbox Twitterati, there seems to be a lot of folks heavily invested in the sunk cost fallacy. They have to believe that Redfall is good, they have to believe that issues are minimal, made up, or someone other than Microsoft’s fault, they have to believe that any issues (when they acknowledge them at all) will be ironed out, they have to believe that Starfield will be the greatest thing since sliced bread… and seemingly the only reason for it is they have decided the Xbox platform is their entire personality and/or identity, and cannot accept that they’ve wasted their time, money and personal investment on a system that, for all intents and purposes, was dead on arrival.

That’s coming from someone who has a Series X and who was excited for some of the things being talked about, despite having been burned hard by the Xbox One. I wanted Redfall to be good, even if it wasn’t a game for me… but it just isn’t. No amount of blameshifting (to Arkane, to the userbase, to Sony, to RNGesus), wishing, fanboyism or willful ignorance is going to change that. The vague promises of a Fable or Gears game, the nebulous state of the Indiana Jones game, Gollum being both multiplatform and cruising under the radar for years to suddenly pop up and say “Hi, I’m releasing next month!” Their first big exclusive (The Medium) going multiplatform within months, Halo being an utter joke, Forza Horizon 5 being good - great, even! - but running just fine on the Xbox One all add up to “I own a $500 paperweight.” At this point - to me, at least - Starfield and Hellblade 2 are not going to cut it… and given that we’re three years in - between 1/3rd and 1/2 of an average console cycle - and all we’ve got is HiFi Rush, the previously listed issues, and Redfall… yeah. It’s not looking good for Microsoft as a whole.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I did not realise Bethesda has been under Xbox for 2 years already. This fact actually shifts the blame almost completely to xbox management. The problem continues to be the mindset of 'Not a good game but good enough for gamepass'. 

I wonder how starfield will play out, as bethesda games are usually dysfunctional enough on console on launch. Let alone having to cater to a weaker system like the Series S and potentially having influence from xbox's shitty development habits for the past 2 years.

I agree. This idea that we have to wait 5 if not more years due to longer development times before any blame can be placed on Xbox is ridiculous. 6 months? Sure. A year is pushing it. Beyond that and no, its on Xbox.

Thanks for reminding me of the Series S. Redfall looks really bad on that especially as textures fail to load in and it has bonus bugs specific to that version. Starfield on the Series S even if they get the main version going fine is likely going to be very special. Got to feel sorry for these bought out developers having to suffer all this Xbox mismanagement.

17 minutes ago, go123ty said:

They're attempting to own Activision. Deal hasn't gone through yet and won't for a while, given how poorly it's been going for them with Europe.

Thank you for catching that. I've edited the post.

14 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Judging from the current state of the Xbox Twitterati, there seems to be a lot of folks heavily invested in the sunk cost fallacy. They have to believe that Redfall is good, they have to believe that issues are minimal, made up, or someone other than Microsoft’s fault, they have to believe that any issues (when they acknowledge them at all) will be ironed out, they have to believe that Starfield will be the greatest thing since sliced bread… and seemingly the only reason for it is they have decided the Xbox platform is their entire personality and/or identity, and cannot accept that they’ve wasted their time, money and personal investment on a system that, for all intents and purposes, was dead on arrival.

That’s coming from someone who has a Series X and who was excited for some of the things being talked about, despite having been burned hard by the Xbox One. I wanted Redfall to be good, even if it wasn’t a game for me… but it just isn’t. No amount of blameshifting (to Arkane, to the userbase, to Sony, to RNGesus), wishing, fanboyism or willful ignorance is going to change that. The vague promises of a Fable or Gears game, the nebulous state of the Indiana Jones game, Gollum being both multiplatform and cruising under the radar for years to suddenly pop up and say “Hi, I’m releasing next month!” Their first big exclusive (The Medium) going multiplatform within months, Halo being an utter joke, Forza Horizon 5 being good - great, even! - but running just fine on the Xbox One all add up to “I own a $500 paperweight.” At this point - to me, at least - Starfield and Hellblade 2 are not going to cut it… and given that we’re three years in - between 1/3rd and 1/2 of an average console cycle - and all we’ve got is HiFi Rush, the previously listed issues, and Redfall… yeah. It’s not looking good for Microsoft as a whole.

Some are being like that yeah (good odds of being literal Xbots I'd say), but some of them are feeling such shame/embarrassment that even they are being negative towards the game. At the end of the day there is no hope for Xbox to change if what fans they have don't put their feet to the fire.

The boss of Tango who did Hifi Rush left right after it released... not a good sign. Could be he knows what the future holds and is getting out now. Speaking of Hifi Rush and Xbox incompetence. They "shadow dropped" Hifi Rush but gave what little marketing they do to Redfall? People at Xbox viewed both games and came away with "Redfall is who we need to back strongly here". Another thing that this has shown is remember when Microsoft supporters were on IGN's case for how bad their previews for Redfall looked? Turns out IGN actually did a really good job because the game is worse than their previews made it look.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 4

I understand why you wrote what you wrote here. It wasn't direct response to the point I was making but it is a reply to it. 

Microsoft owns Bethesda. As owners they need to be overseeing development and putting it on the right track if it is going off the rails, especially if things are going badly. It doesn't matter that the game didn't start development under them and was only under them the 2 years, it was up to Xbox management to either cancel the game 2 years ago or to put in manpower and money in to salvage the game. So yes, this failure is on them too.

Though this hands off thing as said often enough now, is the Microsoft trademark. I recall an article by a Rare guy that made it pretty clear how bad being under Microsoft is compared to someone like Nintendo. With Nintendo they had Nintendo guys chiming in now and then keeping them on the right track, and Nintendo being Nintendo knows what they're talking about. With Xbox it was just handle it yourself (which might be best as can you trust Xbox management to know how to help?) which hey sounds great, no boss getting in your way, but usually leads to bad times.

I never really see Xbox as a hands-off kind of managers when it comes to game development. From the way they limited and restricted Bungie, Epic,Playground to just make one specific game for each studio to forcing various developers to support the Kinnect. It seemed that Xbox constantly had their fingers in the pot trying to dictate their agenda and goals in gaming. Obsidian and MS had cancel a game because MS's propose "Million man raid" was a concept Obsidian could not pull off at the time but Xbox wanted that feature more than the game. Scalebound was stuck in idea-hell and kept getting new features added even when the same clearly suffered. Clearly someone from Xbox went into the Bethesda studios to cancel PS5 ports.

The current mantras at Xbox Game Studios are; "Do more with less." and make AA games for gamepass. This budget, scope, and target comes before the game itself, again. While I can tell you the goals for XGS, I cannot tell you who is to blame or who is actually in charge. It is supposed to be Matt Booty as a whole and then the indiviual studio heads. Yet, despite the promotion some people still view Phil Spencer as the one responsible for games.

The good old MS magic of being "hand-offs" for PR reasons but all their managers repeating the same goals in interviews like trained parrots.

• Like 1

sadly the only thing left in the prommissory that xbox fans can clutch to is Starfield.. should it release in a state less than perfect, which you have to believe at this point...coupled with the fact that it could release against Spiderman 2 could spell major trauma

• Like 1

I just don't get the whole philosophy of releasing games in a half-finished state and fixing them later. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and there's always going to be another upcoming game to play instead. In Redfall's case, even if the bugs magically get fixed in the next few weeks, Zelda will have already sucked all the energy out of the room. I hope Sony and Nintendo don't go down this path any more than they already have. Nintendo did this to a certain extent with updates to their Mario sports games, which nobody cares about because they are too busy playing more recent releases that came out with more content.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I understand why you wrote what you wrote here. It wasn't direct response to the point I was making but it is a reply to it. 

I never really see Xbox as a hands-off kind of managers when it comes to game development. From the way they limited and restricted Bungie, Epic,Playground to just make one specific game for each studio to forcing various developers to support the Kinnect. It seemed that Xbox constantly had their fingers in the pot trying to dictate their agenda and goals in gaming. Obsidian and MS had cancel a game because MS's propose "Million man raid" was a concept Obsidian could not pull off at the time but Xbox wanted that feature more than the game. Scalebound was stuck in idea-hell and kept getting new features added even when the same clearly suffered. Clearly someone from Xbox went into the Bethesda studios to cancel PS5 ports.

The current mantras at Xbox Game Studios are; "Do more with less." and make AA games for gamepass. This budget, scope, and target comes before the game itself, again. While I can tell you the goals for XGS, I cannot tell you who is to blame or who is actually in charge. It is supposed to be Matt Booty as a whole and then the indiviual studio heads. Yet, despite the promotion some people still view Phil Spencer as the one responsible for games.

The good old MS magic of being "hand-offs" for PR reasons but all their managers repeating the same goals in interviews like trained parrots.

You're not wrong in what you're saying when you mention those games, but that was very much a different Xbox management. Even Scalebound which was (I think partly) Spencer's administration was different to how Xbox seems to be right now because he cancelled it, it being before they were full in on the Gamepass monopoly dream so Spencer had to cancel and straight up disband studios that weren't performing to try and reduce losses be it in money or reputation.

Xbox fans argue that as Xbox has basically destroyed the possible profitability of 1st party titles that it means that their developers can now put out games that don't chase trends and that might not get made if they were under a normal publisher. The reality is what you, I, and others have said which is this sort of thing like Redfall where quantity matters more than quality. This is why I have been totally against this idea of subscriptions eliminating the buying of games because loss of quality is all that will mean, and any so called savings of money will soon get eliminated anyway once they've killed the idea of buying a game.

As for who is to blame at Xbox. Guys like Matt Booty, Aaron Greenberg, and so forth obviously do have blame. Booty is a complete incompetent. Greenberg outside some console war stuff on twitter appears to do no work at all considering how missing Xbox's marketing has been. The studio heads are also ultimately who are being late, doing bad jobs, and being overbudget yes. The thing with blaming them is that their boss, that being Spencer, should have fired them years and years ago. As he hasn't then that means that as the buck stops with him, he is the one ultimately to blame. As for why that would happen the easiest answer would be that Spencer is simply bad at his job, but my own belief is that Xbox like Microsoft above it, has an old boys' network that keeps people around simply because whoever is above them likes them. At any other company Spencer and his team would have been fired from their positions several times over by this point.

25 minutes ago, yankee-fan85 said:

I just don't get the whole philosophy of releasing games in a half-finished state and fixing them later. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and there's always going to be another upcoming game to play instead. In Redfall's case, even if the bugs magically get fixed in the next few weeks, Zelda will have already sucked all the energy out of the room. I hope Sony and Nintendo don't go down this path any more than they already have. Nintendo did this to a certain extent with updates to their Mario sports games, which nobody cares about because they are too busy playing more recent releases that came out with more content.

Good enough for Gamepass.

When it comes to the recent Star Wars game and the like, the thinking may be that like how Bethesda has gotten a free pass in the past (they may not get it for Starfield), if the game is good enough then people will still see worth in playing it even with the bugs. From what I've heard that is what went on with that game's reviews as the game has obvious issues, but underneath that is apparently a good game.

36 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

sadly the only thing left in the prommissory that xbox fans can clutch to is Starfield.. should it release in a state less than perfect, which you have to believe at this point...coupled with the fact that it could release against Spiderman 2 could spell major trauma

What we're seeing currently would be child's play compared to Starfield bombing. Even Xbox management as bad as it is knows it hence why they've apparently deployed Microsoft's top engineers to Bethesda to assist in the development.

If it fails then they should be done yeah, possibly for good even if it takes a few years for them to admit to it. This being Microsoft though they might well decide to pour even more money down the money pit and release a new console (not a midgen refresh) so they can start fresh and have a large power edge (which they think really matters) for a number of years. We can't underestimate how much money they're willing to burn to take it to Sony.

Shit like this makes me incredibly scared for the future of the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro franchises. The Crash battle royale game already has me grimacing and I'm incredibly scared with what they'll do with the next Spyro game. If there even is one that is.

Also I'm afraid they'll make those games exclusives too. Therefore pointing even more toward hypocrisy on their end as they whine and complain about Sony's 'exclusives'

I'm not saying I think these things will happen. All I'm saying... is that I'm incredibly worried they will. Which there is a real possibility of. If these kinds of situations start happening to beloved franchises like those... it might actually be a blessing in disguise if they are exclusives... so i can pretend they don't exist

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Shit like this makes me incredibly scared for the future of the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro franchises. The Crash battle royale game already has me grimacing and I'm incredibly scared with what they'll do with the next Spyro game. If there even is one that is.

Also I'm afraid they'll make those games exclusives too. Therefore pointing even more toward hypocrisy on their end as they whine and complain about Sony's 'exclusives'

I'm not saying I think these things will happen. All I'm saying... is that I'm incredibly worried they will. Which there is a real possibility of. If these kinds of situations start happening to beloved franchises like those... it might actually be a blessing in disguise if they are exclusives... so i can pretend they don't exist

They were very clear, to the point that Aaron Greenberg was taunting (console warring) PlayStation gamers with the fact, that all of those games you mentioned would be going exclusive, but good news as you have nothing to worry about. The CMA has an issued a block to Microsoft's attempted buyout of Activision and the chances of Microsoft overturning that, especially after the public temper tantrum they pulled afterwards, is basically the same as someone winning the jackpot on the lottery.

We should be able to rest easy that the games you mentioned among others are safe from Xbox's decaying touch.

Redfall has fallen below Forspoken even on the console version metacritic now which means it is now officially below that game in every respect that Microsoft supporters set as its competition. Having watched an in-depth review on Redfall though... it shows the issue with the scale. I played Forspoken and of course it had issues but Redfall is so much worse that it shouldn't be within 10 points of it, it really should be somewhere in the 30s at most.

For those who want a review then I would recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTpFvYbDuqA. Stuff like framerate and other such issues only get mentioned at the end briefly because as the reviewer states, those problems are actually the least of the game's problems. Issues like that, which the Star Wars game also has, can be patched and once they are then that Star Wars game will be a good game. Redfall they can patch it as much as they like, it is fundamentally a bad game.

This is really quite something I have to say. For those who might think that this is some manufactured console wars thing... trust me, it's not. Even many well known Xbox shills are in doom and gloom mode due to Redfall. Outside the few who don't care about having zero credibility, Microsoft's big game (in ages) coming out like this is simply indefensible. 

Microsoft is of course silent on the matter.

• Like 2

On 02/05/2023 at 2:38 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

There's an element of tragedy in seeing that Microsofts current "reverse Midas touch" is strong enough to affect even a developer as talented as Arkane.

If they could bring Nokia phones down to nothing, Arkane was never going stand a chance.

• Like 1