Save Transfer Popping | Trackmania

If the title confuses you, read this and thank me later :pimp: Let's delegate all autopop-esque discussion to this thread.

What we know:

• 4 stacks: PS4NA, PS4EU, PS4AS, and PS5
  • Bidirectional, cross-platform save transfer (PC, PS4, PS5, etc...)
  • Most trophies can be "triggerpopped" by performing +1 action
  • Trophies that need to be repeated from scratch:
    • Completionist (get a gold on all 25 tracks of the same campaign)
    • What a week huh? (get a gold on every track of the day of the same week)
Edited by hore

I do believe it will work the same way as Ubisoft Connect challenges (should I say achievements) for the game were implemented after the Spring 2023 season update. When I logged in the game, the challenges wouldn’t update to my current progression, but when I did one more action to the challenges, for example another author medal towards the “Earn 150 author medals in official campaign tracks” challenge, they would update to my actual progression. It did the same when I played another daily track towards “complete 30 tracks of the day” and get another author medal towards “get 90 author medals in tracks of the day”. Medal related challenges were retroactively updated and/or completed. However all others stats like total finish lines, checkpoints crossed, distance driven, my only one Royale win prior, didn’t update to their respective challenge so I had to start them from scratch.

These challenges inside Ubisoft Connect, including our game progression itself, will be shared across platforms. I hope it’s the same case for PlayStation trophies, because Medal related trophies all matter to me to retroactively unlock or update in progression tracking.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

I'm currently doing the achievements on PC in the case that they will autopop on console. I've already been playing for the past year and when they implemented achievements about a month or two ago some of them had me start from 0 (when I already did way more than enough to have it finished), already completed on first launch, or needed one completion for it to realize I had done it already.

I've already noticed the problem of the PSN trophylist having 4 more achievements than the Ubisoft list (34 instead of 30) so I'm not sure what to think of that. Hopefully it's not a big deal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tested the game via remote play and I can confirm loud and clear: Cross-progression from PC to PS5/4 triggers trophies to pop!!!

On PS5, all my current Medal progression towards :gold: You are the Trackmaster went to 26%, and :gold: Daily Trackmaster went to 30%.

All trophies with pourcentage tracking went up to 99/100, and doing one more action triggered the trophies to unlock. The 10001 checkpoints, 1001 finish lines, the distance driven, all speed and jump related trophies unlocked.

If you won an online multiplayer match prior to console release, just finishing match will trigger “win a multiplayer match with at least 2 players” will unlock.

For the rest, you get to redo them again, like earning an in-game trophy, finishing a Royal match, finishing the black section of a Royal round, participating to a Cup of the Day, finishing a hotseat and splitscreen game, etc.

The only trophies tho that are tricky to unlock are “get a gold on all 25 tracks of the same campaign” and “get a gold on every track of the day of the same week”. Although they’re both at 99/100, finishing a track on the same TOTD week or campaign didn’t pop the trophies. If you got all gold medals on a campaign or TOTD week, you gotta redo it again on another campaign or TOTD week.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 4

@MaxieM0use3 as for the “get a gold on all 25 tracks of the same campaign” trophy, I don't think upgrading a track to AT will work - I have all gold medals on the latest campaign, upgraded a track to AT on PS5, and the trophy did not pop.

5 minutes ago, Gugumuko said:

@MaxieM0use3 as for the “get a gold on all 25 tracks of the same campaign” trophy, I don't think upgrading a track to AT will work - I have all gold medals on the latest campaign, upgraded a track to AT on PS5, and the trophy did not pop.

That’s unfortunate, I gave in a lot for the Summer 2020 campaign (the easiest of the bunch) to get there. Gladly, I do have Fall 2020 with the track 25 left that I need to get a gold… but the ice I hate it…

59 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I tested the game via remote play and I can confirm loud and clear: Cross-progression from PC to PS5/4 triggers trophies to pop!!!

On PS5, all my current Medal progression towards :gold: You are the Trackmaster went to 26%, and :gold: Daily Trackmaster went to 30%.

All trophies with pourcentage tracking went up to 99/100, and doing one more action triggered the trophies to unlock. The 10001 checkpoints, 1001 finish lines, the distance driven, all speed and jump related trophies unlocked.

If you won an online multiplayer match prior to console release, just finishing match will trigger “win a multiplayer match with at least 2 players” will unlock.

For the rest, you get to redo them again, like earning an in-game trophy, finishing a Royal match, finishing the black section of a Royal round, participating to a Cup of the Day, finishing a hotseat and splitscreen game, etc.

The only trophies tho that are tricky to unlock are “get a gold on all 25 tracks of the same campaign” and “get a gold on every track of the day of the same week”. Although they’re both at 99/100, finishing a track on the same TOTD week or campaign didn’t pop the trophies. I can’t play more for now, but I do believe that you will need to get an author medal on the same campaign or TOTD week you previously did to trigger the unlock. If you got all author medals on a campaign or TOTD week, you gotta redo it again elsewhere.

Have you done something for the trophies related to checkpoints, finish line, etc, to unlock? I've played quite a lot on the PC version, but they did not pop for me on the PS5. I've completed a track and none of them popped or the x/100 moved, they all started at 0/100 and are still at 0/100. I'm using the correct account, I've checked on the old campaigns and my medals are there.

Edited by xHypermega

2 minutes ago, xHypermega said:

Have you done something for the trophies related to checkpoints, finish line, etc, to unlock? I've played quite a lot on the PC version, but they did not pop for me on the PS5. I've completed a track and none of them popped or the x/100 moved, they all started at 0/100 and are still at 0/100. I'm using the correct account, I've checked on the old campaigns and my medals are there.

I’m sure the Ubisoft Connect challenges (or achievements) of this game, and the stats on Ubisoft Connect, do play an important role in it. When the Ubisoft challenges were added weeks ago, I kept playing on PC until I completed these challenges.

Maybe playing on PC to get these challenges, then going back to PS5 will then lead the trophies to go 99/100 and you trigger them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’m sure the Ubisoft Connect challenges (or achievements) of this game, and the stats on Ubisoft Connect, do play an important role in it. When the Ubisoft challenges were added weeks ago, I kept playing on PC until I completed these challenges.

Maybe playing on PC to get these challenges, then going back to PS5 will then lead the trophies to go 99/100 and you trigger them.

It kinda worked. The medals trophies got their progress updated on the PS5, the rest (checkpoints, finishes, etc) did not but that's fine, since I will get them on my way to the author medal trohpies. I guess when I played on PC it didn't have challenges yet, so they were not being tracked. Thank you!

Edited by xHypermega
  • Like 1

I just tested. If you have transferred your PC progress to PS4/5, for :silver: What a week huh? and :silver: Completionist, you must have had one or more tracks in a campaign or a Track of the Day week that you haven’t gotten a gold medal yet, then you get these gold medals to pop the trophies.

If you already obtained all gold and author in a campaign or TOTD week, you get to work on another week in the calendars or a campaign to obtain the trophies. It doesn’t matter if you have 99/100 tracking on PS5, the trophies will trigger the moment you get all the golds.

If you just started playing Trackmania on PlayStation and you don’t play between platforms, you won’t meet that issue.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

Started playing on PS5.

If I'm understanding correctly, (if and) once I get the platinum on the PS5 version, I should be able to download the PS4 version and be able to platinum that version as well after just a little bit of extra work. Is that it?

11 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I just tested. If you have transferred your PC progress to PS4/5, for :silver: What a week huh? and :silver: Completionist, you must have had one or more tracks in a campaign or a Track of the Day week that you haven’t gotten a gold medal yet, then you get these gold medals to pop the trophies.

If you already obtained all gold and author in a campaign or TOTD week, you get to work on another week in the calendars or a campaign to obtain the trophies. It doesn’t matter if you have 99/100 tracking on PS5, the trophies will trigger the moment you get all the golds.

If you just started playing Trackmania on PlayStation and you don’t play between platforms, you won’t meet that issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, I've added your findings to the OP. Sucks if these trophies need to be done 4x across all 4 stacks, but at least repeating them facilitates other, grindier trophies

7 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

At least it's not an effortless autopop, but I'll still be pissed if this list has its rarity ruined like so many other games.

Like Fortnite? Yeah. That should be competing with Badland and Crypt for rarity, but autopop says otherwise