STP Terminology: Autopop vs. Triggerpop/Savepop/Dualpop

Lol. I applaud the effort but I really don’t see the average person or guide reader caring enough to adopt this complex terminology to the point where these terms become widely recognized and find common usage among the trophy hunting community. Reading through this thread kinda made my brain hurt ngl.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Lol. I applaud the effort but I really don’t see the average person or guide reader caring enough to adopt this complex terminology to the point where these terms become widely recognized and find common usage among the trophy hunting community. Reading through this thread kinda made my brain hurt ngl.

This terminology certainly won't go mainstream, but I do think there's a niche of stackers that may appreciate it, especially preppers and optimizers like @Optinooby who already champion concepts like 'savepopping' but brand it as "autopopping" since that's the only word people really know.

Either way, this is something I wanted to sort out in my mind for a while, so I'm not too bothered if my friends and I are the only ones who use these terms. I also edited the OP to be more concise and readable, so hopefully that helps any other poor souls that wander into this thread :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hore said:

This terminology certainly won't go mainstream, but I do think there's a niche of stackers that may appreciate it, especially preppers and optimizers like @Optinooby who already champion concepts like 'savepopping' but brand it as "autopopping" since that's the only word people really know.

Either way, this is something I wanted to sort out in my mind for a while, so I'm not too bothered if my friends and I are the only ones who use these terms. I also edited the OP to be more concise and readable, so hopefully that helps any other poor souls that wander into this thread :P 

Yea I guess 'Savepopping' does better describe the method when there is no autopop and so you are using strategically placed saves.

But I call it autopop when i do a guide on it just because its more popular and it still kinda explains it.

Just wanted to make a point on TW3 though about the 'Savepop' route you mentioned for it:

-- You can get platinum in under 20 hours on TW3 WITHOUT any form of save transferring, if your routing is refined.

-- But if savepopping on TW3, ideally you want a save which is right before you complete the game and also so that the Triss card from Lambert is the last card. You can then transfer that save and pop the Death March trophy and Card Collector trophy within a few minutes of each because when you respawn in Kaer Trolde castle after game completion, the Triss card is on the bed beside you!! This way you can do everything else on Easy and ignore all gwent cards, i think thats the most optimal save if you are only doing a single savepop.

-- Also, if doing a optimal TW3 'savepop', you could actually do it in a few hours, because although the game only lets you transfer a manual save, autosave and a quicksave, you can actually make MULTIPLE accounts on CDP site, and link them all to the same PSN account or any PSN account for that matter! So in theory you can make a manual save before a trophy, then make a new account, make a manual before another trophy, then make a 3rd account and make a manual save before another trophy etc etc, use the autosaves and quicksaves as well if you want to be optimal. Then you would have a list of all 30 accounts for example and then just switch between them on your PS5 version as an example and pop all the trophies like mad. This method would be a first though and im not sure what this site would think about it as you could also share those accounts with others so they could savepop all the trophies mega quickly as well, its quite the weird case indeed!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, F1rstinFlight said:

Can you explain dualpopping in more detail using the worms rumble level 50 trophy as an example? I had no idea that was a thing. 

Of course!

Worms Rumble has been 'unstackable' since launch because the 'Level 50' trophy will only pop on one version of the game (PS4 or PS5), unless you dualpop it using the following strategy:

1. Get close enough to level 50 such that you're guaranteed to level up after another match.
  2. Boot up both stacks of the game simultaneously (i.e. PS4 version on a PS4, and PS5 version on a PS5).
  3. Get them both into a match. It can be the same game mode, or different modes. I don't think it's possible for them to both end up in the same match.
    • Use TDM (preferred due to better XP payout) or DM - avoid other modes, since they can end abruptly and level you up prematurely.
  4. The trophy should pop for both consoles, assuming you got enough XP from each match. It doesn't matter if one console finishes its match a few minutes before/after the other.

Dualpopping won't always work for these types of trophies, but it's an option that should always be explored.

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

-- You can get platinum in under 20 hours on TW3 WITHOUT any form of save transferring, if your routing is refined.

-- But if savepopping on TW3, ideally you want a save which is right before you complete the game and also so that the Triss card from Lambert is the last card. You can then transfer that save and pop the Death March trophy and Card Collector trophy within a few minutes of each because when you respawn in Kaer Trolde castle after game completion, the Triss card is on the bed beside you!! This way you can do everything else on Easy and ignore all gwent cards, i think thats the most optimal save if you are only doing a single savepop.

The legend himself!

Both great points, and I did see that your new walkthrough targets 20h, but I used 40h since that's what your older PST guide said and it's more impactful to sum the stacks to 160h than 80h :lol:

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

-- Also, if doing a optimal TW3 'savepop', you could actually do it in a few hours, because although the game only lets you transfer a manual save, autosave and a quicksave, you can actually make MULTIPLE accounts on CDP site, and link them all to the same PSN account or any PSN account for that matter! So in theory you can make a manual save before a trophy, then make a new account, make a manual before another trophy, then make a 3rd account and make a manual save before another trophy etc etc, use the autosaves and quicksaves as well if you want to be optimal. Then you would have a list of all 30 accounts for example and then just switch between them on your PS5 version as an example and pop all the trophies like mad. This method would be a first though and im not sure what this site would think about it as you could also share those accounts with others so they could savepop all the trophies mega quickly as well, its quite the weird case indeed!

Damn, now that's what I'm talking about!! This is the sort of insightful discussion I was hoping for! I didn't even know linking multiple accounts was possible; please share any similar developments you find for other games!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

This method would be a first though and im not sure what this site would think about it as you could also share those accounts with others so they could savepop all the trophies mega quickly as well, its quite the weird case indeed!

That would be interesting, and since the last discussions with the Trials Rising drama it seems that it shouldn't be flagged because the saves were done legit without using hacking methods (similar to LBP, Infamous, Minecraft and similar maps...) and you are just abussing a CDP option... Maybe they could be the ones limiting it because of this...

35 minutes ago, hore said:

Of course!

Worms Rumble has been 'unstackable' since launch because the 'Level 50' trophy will only pop on one version of the game (PS4 or PS5), unless you dualpop it using the following strategy:

1. Get close enough to level 50 such that you're guaranteed to level up after another match.
  2. Boot up both stacks of the game simultaneously (i.e. PS4 version on a PS4, and PS5 version on a PS5).
  3. Get them both into a match. It can be the same game mode, or different modes. I don't think it's possible for them to both end up in the same match.
    • Use TDM (preferred due to better XP payout) or DM - avoid other modes, since they can end abruptly and level you up prematurely.
  4. The trophy should pop for both consoles, assuming you got enough XP from each match. It doesn't matter if one console finishes its match a few minutes before/after the other.

Dualpopping won't always work for these types of trophies, but it's an option that should always be explored.

The legend himself!

Both great points, and I did see that your new walkthrough targets 20h, but I used 40h since that's what your older PST guide said and it's more impactful to sum the stacks to 160h than 80h :lol:

Damn, now that's what I'm talking about!! This is the sort of insightful discussion I was hoping for! I didn't even know linking multiple accounts was possible; please share any similar developments you find for other games!

Also to @DeepEyes7

More insight would be that you could share these accounts with others as you dont need to put in any personal details.

You could make a thread for example with 30+ CDP accounts that would pop all trophies. What the reader would have to for each one is connect to the account given, using the password provided and then pop a few trophies and then connect to the next account and so on.

At one point though I have had to login to my own email that the CDP email was linked to and do a sort of security check thing for CDP, but it wasnt frequent and it may just be a time sensitive thing.

CDP may not be pleased with account sharing like ive mentioned above which is why im not doing anything with the info. I dunno what stance PSNProfiles would take on the matter as well as CDP. Its legitimate saves, but PSNProfiles may view it as save hacking and end of the day, if you wanna use the site, u need to follow their rules

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Also to @DeepEyes7

More insight would be that you could share these accounts with others as you dont need to put in any personal details.

You could make a thread for example with 30+ CDP accounts that would pop all trophies. What the reader would have to for each one is connect to the account given, using the password provided and then pop a few trophies and then connect to the next account and so on.

Aside from the security check, my main concern with this would be someone overwriting the save, whether out of malice or foolishness, like by beating the game on Death March and then overwriting the cloud save(s)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hore said:

Aside from the security check, my main concern with this would be someone overwriting the save, whether out of malice or foolishness, like by beating the game on Death March and then overwriting the cloud save(s)

That could happen yea, whoever did it would have to inform players to switch their network off as soon as they download or load the save so that it doesnt get overwritten. Would require some trust and hope that nobody forgets. I dont think it would be worth the hassle anyway, even if PSNProfiles allowed it, CDP may not and it may get your proper PS account in trouble.

Sounds like it could be cool though :).

I think sharing a save that has a save with death March and Card Collector trophies would be mega helpful, and I would probably share, I just dunno how PSNprofiles will view it and i would only share if was allowed

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Gone are the days where people played games for fun and earned the trophies themselves heck I bet most of these people that Auto-pop or trigger pop if there was a way for them to use other peoples downloaded saves and get away with it I am sure they would do that as well its just sad really.

• Like 1

Wow, just wow! The way things are going the next PlayStation, the PS6, will be the ultimate trophy "autopooping" machine. 

Unlock extra trophy list stacks for previous games, shovelware and new trophy lists for remasters of remakes without playing. 

Sony PlayStation 6

Not for the players

For the autopoppers

Edited by MadMax707
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MadMax707 said:

Wow, just wow! The way things are going the next PlayStation, the PS6, will be the ultimate trophy "autopooping" machine. 

Unlock extra trophy list stacks for previous games, shovelware and new trophy lists for remasters of remakes without playing. 

Sony PlayStation 6

Not for the players

For the autopoppers

Thank you!

I can now spend the second half of my day knowing I will not read or hear anything dumber than this. How nice!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...