PS4 Mini-games Without Bedrock

NepuNepuNeppy

I have just purchased the PHYSICAL edition of Minecraft Bedrock Edition for the PS4, and intend on getting all of the trophies (including the "Impossible" Expansion Pack 2 and 5 trophies). I have also purchased a PHYSICAL edition of Minecraft Playstation 4 edition. 

To those of you who have recently unlocked these "impossible" trophies, how did you go about unlocking them? What exploit or trick worked for you? I am looking for multiple suggestions to try out and only the methods that worked please. I have already another account (with a registered email address) set up for boosting trophies in other games. I know that it is possible, but there is little and varied information on the internet about how to obtain them in 2023. 

I would also like to know if I should wait to play the Bedrock edition before performing the exploits for these trophies, and if starting the Bedrock edition before the PS4 edition affects the known exploits. 

I am using a PAL copy of the game, and reside within the UK, if that makes any difference to the exploits.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: Is it possible to access the minigame mode on the legacy edition if I don't touch Bedrock edition on my account at all, and only update the legacy edition?

Edited by NepuNepuNeppy

Do I still have access to the mini-games and the legacy version of Minecraft Playstation 4 edition if I don't install or touch the Bedrock edition on my PS4?  I'd like to get all of the trophies for the mini-games before putting in my disc for Bedrock edition when it arrives, but haven't played a legacy console edition of Minecraft in forever. I have two separate discs for both versions - PS4 edition, and Bedrock edition, neither are digitally owned. 

I know most people really struggle to access the minigames after upgrading to the Bedrock edition, but if I refuse the free upgrade, and only have the PS4 edition on my PS4, then will I have access to the mini-games?

Edited by NepuNepuNeppy

The MP trophies were added with certain patches, plus the respective modes are online only and have to be done in public matches so playing unpatched, won't work. Wether you can access the Editions mode or not, depends on if you played before or after the Bedrock update was released in 2020. If you played pre-2020, you should be good to go but if you didn't start playing until after 2020, you're screwed and will have to use one of the various exploits and pray it works. For any of these exploits to work, you must have the OG retail release with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover, anything else and you can forget it.

Here are all the threads showing the various exploits to force the Legacy Editions Button to appear if you don't have it:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/94803-earning-the-legacy-edition-trophies-after-buying-bedrock/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/128014-how-to-get-editions-button-on-minecraft-june-2022/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/127257-small-simple-guide-on-how-to-get-editions-button/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/104762-how-to-get-editions-if-the-option-doesn’t-show-up/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/102590-how-to-get-trophies-on-editions/

• Like 1

I haven't started any of the Minecraft games on my account, so i'll have to pray that at least one of the exploits work? And yes, I have the original edition with diamond armour steve on the cover.

Thank you for the threads! I'll take a look and try them out when the copy arrives and update on what happens!

Is there any particular exploit that has a higher success rate over the others, or are they all just random chance?

Edit: Btw, I haven't started playing Bedrock edition at all on my account. Neither Bedrock edition nor the PS4 edition, if that affects anything. I haven't touched any edition of Minecraft on my account yet.  If I haven't played any Minecraft on my PS4, and refuse the free upgrade to Bedrock edition when I load into the PS4 edition, surely I'll have access to the minigames still?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding!

Edited by NepuNepuNeppy

10 hours ago, NepuNepuNeppy said:

I haven't started any of the Minecraft games on my account, so i'll have to pray that at least one of the exploits work? And yes, I have the original edition with diamond armour steve on the cover.

Thank you for the threads! I'll take a look and try them out when the copy arrives and update on what happens!

Is there any particular exploit that has a higher success rate over the others, or are they all just random chance?

Edit: Btw, I haven't started playing Bedrock edition at all on my account. Neither Bedrock edition nor the PS4 edition, if that affects anything. I haven't touched any edition of Minecraft on my account yet.  If I haven't played any Minecraft on my PS4, and refuse the free upgrade to Bedrock edition when I load into the PS4 edition, surely I'll have access to the minigames still?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding!

All the trophy DLCs are free updates for the game so no patch = no DLCs. Once you have the game and patch installed, boot up the game and see if the Editions button is on the Main Menu. If it is, great, you're good to go without any faffing around but if it's not, you will have to try each of the exploits in turn until you find one that works :(.