Earning the Legacy Edition trophies after buying Bedrock

Dylan-Mehl

Hi all,

There are some other topics on this website regarding this issue. But there is no concrete information to be found.

I have bought the Bedrock edition via the PlayStation store and I am running on the latest patch.

Can I delete all my save data, buy the original Minecraft PlayStation Edition and fix the 'No Editions button on main menu' issue?

My friend has the Editions button on his PlayStation 4 because he bought the game without re-installing it somewhere in 2018. He can access the editions button without any problem. His account is primaire on his PlayStation. But still, when he logs into my account - the Editions button does not appear. So it looks like it is account related, and not specific related to someone's PlayStation 4.

But with the logic above it basicly means that, if you buy the Bedrock Edition via the PlayStation store, you will never be able to earn those trophies because the Editions button will not be visible.

So buying the physical original edition wouldn't do much in this case? As the situation will be the same as on my friend his PlayStation 4. It seems like the game detects if your account has bought the Bedrock edition or not, and if so, you can not earn those trophies.

Seems like the only way to fix this, is to buy the original edition physical and never buy the Bedrock edition in the store.

Does anyone has more information about this? Any fixes? I don't wanna throw in money for the original edition which still would not fix my problem.

Thanks!

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

11 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I thought that the name is just to differentiate what patch you have installed. My friend has the newest patch on PS4 as well, and he got the trophies from the first DLC no problems, in the tutorial world. Or maybe I just misunderstood your question.

You can only earn some specific trophies in the original PlayStation 4 edition. See the '(Edition only)' behind those trophies. You can switch between editions if you have bought Minecraft before december 2019.

Unfortunate, I did buy the Bedrock edition (somewhere in 2020) via the PlayStation shop. And I am afraid buying the original version psychical won't make a difference because my PlayStaton will regocnize that I have bought the Bedrock edition whatsoever.

As mentioned in this thread, my friend bought it before the Bedrock update, and he can switch between editions via his account - but when he logs in via my account on his console, he can't. So it seems account related, and not console/patch files related. Seems like they have a build-in check of some sort which checks if you have bought the Bedrock version or not. And if you have bought it, a psychical copy or a friend with the non Bedrock bought edition won't do the trick as you can't use the 'Switch between editions' button..

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

22 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

You can only earn some specific trophies in the original PlayStation 4 edition. See the '(Edition only)' behind those trophies. You can switch between editions if you have bought Minecraft before december 2019.

Unfortunate, I did buy the Bedrock edition (somewhere in 2020) via the PlayStation shop. And I am afraid buying the original version psychical won't make a difference because my PlayStaton will regocnize that I have bought the Bedrock edition whatsoever.

As mentioned in this thread, my friend bought it before the Bedrock update, and he can switch between editions via his account - but when he logs in via my account on his console, he can't. So it seems account related, and not console/patch files related. Seems like they have a build-in check of some sort which checks if you have bought the Bedrock version or not. And if you have bought it, a psychical copy or a friend with the non Bedrock bought edition won't do the trick as you can't use the 'Switch between editions' button..

That sucks man... Maybe if you buy the disc, and then when it tries to patch, allow only those patches you need to install?

4 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

That sucks man... Maybe if you buy the disc, and then when it tries to patch, allow only those patches you need to install?

That won't work as those trophies need to be done in public servers. You can't access public servers when you are not running the latest patch. I can't wrap my head around the fact that this is even a thing.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If this trick doesn't work, then you are utterly screwed and will have to write-off many of the trophies as unobtainable :(:

Gonna give this a try. Buying a psychical copy seems like a bad option as it don't guarantee that it works, but it's the only option.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2020 at 7:05 PM, Dylan-Mehl said:

That won't work as those trophies need to be done in public servers. You can't access public servers when you are not running the latest patch. I can't wrap my head around the fact that this is even a thing.

Gonna give this a try. Buying a psychical copy seems like a bad option as it don't guarantee that it works, but it's the only option.

In the same boat as you, bought a physical copy to try and rectify the issue but it didn't work.

On 29-9-2020 at 7:29 PM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

In the same boat as you, bought a physical copy to try and rectify the issue but it didn't work.

It didn't work at first for me either. Try this:

* Delete all game saves.

* Create a new dummy account.

* Active your dummy account as your primary account on your Ps4.

* Insert disc.

* Download game but not with the patches yet.

* Play the game with your dummy account and see if you have the 'Bedrock' edition.

* Log out and log in with your main account.

* Install patches (to play online, don't if you can earn the trophies local).

Sometimes you will now have the Bedrock edition. And sometimes you won't. Not sure what exactly cause it to appear or why not. But I was lucky about 80% of the time with this method. For all the trophies combined I have at least re-installed the game 20 times. Lucky that its a small game.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2020 at 11:11 PM, Dylan-Mehl said:

It didn't work at first for me either. Try this:

* Delete all game saves.

* Create a new dummy account.

* Active your dummy account as your primary account on your Ps4.

* Insert disc.

* Download game but not with the patches yet.

* Play the game with your dummy account and see if you have the 'Bedrock' edition.

* Log out and log in with your main account.

* Install patches (to play online, don't if you can earn the trophies local).

Sometimes you will now have the Bedrock edition. And sometimes you won't. Not sure what exactly cause it to appear or why not. But I was lucky about 80% of the time with this method. For all the trophies combined I have at least re-installed the game 20 times. Lucky that its a small game.

Thanks, I managed to figure it out though and got 100%. Hopefully those instructions will be able to help other people!

49 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I ran into the same situation :(

Even bought the disc version. Wish they would at least adress or patch this crap. Minecraft is so massive yet they have so many issues.

Also is the archer trophy still glitched?

It is. Even on the original edition, but it pops sometimes.

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, divalent-hostel9 said:

Hey so when you say you figured it out… what did you do? 

I got it by creating a guest/local account.  Playing via the playstation 4 edition disc, don't let it update. Play the game for a few minutes while patch.  Then let patch install and restart game. I was then able to select the editions button once inside, I would sign into the guest account using my psn sign in with the editions menu up, then I was able to get all the trophies. You would need to repeat the process each time you exited the game. 

1 minute ago, damcrac5 said:

I got it by creating a guest/local account.  Playing via the playstation 4 edition disc, don't let it update. Play the game for a few minutes while patch.  Then let patch install and restart game. I was then able to select the editions button once inside, I would sign into the guest account using my psn sign in with the editions menu up, then I was able to get all the trophies. You would need to repeat the process each time you exited the game. 

I made the guest account and didn’t let it update, I played around for a little while in the game until it said it was ready to update and then restarted the game, but once inside it didn’t show the editions button:( I can’t figure out how to make it work, do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for helping me:)

1 hour ago, divalent-hostel9 said:

I made the guest account and didn’t let it update, I played around for a little while in the game until it said it was ready to update and then restarted the game, but once inside it didn’t show the editions button:( I can’t figure out how to make it work, do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for helping me:)

Are you using the playstation 4 edition disc?  The one with Steve wearing diamond armor?  

29 minutes ago, divalent-hostel9 said:

yep, from 2014 

The only other thing I can think of doing is to delete anything on your playstation that has any association with minecraft. So delete all save files from any accounts on the console. Then delete your psn profile off of it, then create the new guest account follow the steps again. 

Or, maybe when you play waiting for the patch, make a save file from the world you were playing in, quit to menu, then let it update. 

2 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

The only other thing I can think of doing is to delete anything on your playstation that has any association with minecraft. So delete all save files from any accounts on the console. Then delete your psn profile off of it, then create the new guest account follow the steps again. 

Or, maybe when you play waiting for the patch, make a save file from the world you were playing in, quit to menu, then let it update. 

Will try this when I get home— thanks so much!!

16 hours ago, divalent-hostel9 said:

Will try this when I get home— thanks so much!!

You don't need to play while the patch is running. Just follow my earlier instructions in some comments above. The method doesn't work always, nobody seems to know why that is though, but it works most of the time. Just try it a few times and you'll be ok.

• 1 year later...

I heard that trophies were no go if you didn't have Editions but it seems that all of the trophies you need for the platinum are still obtainable. It's only two DLCs that involve multiplayer modes that are unobtainable forever, which means that I can't 100% Minecraft. That means my profile will be incomplete for eternity but I am not wasting another year to rebuild a new account - as long as the DLC is no-go and not the platinum itself, I can breathe a sigh of relief. :)

I was spooked for a sec.