How to get Editions Button on Minecraft (June 2022)

MikeyIsBaeYTB

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Bob6605804 said:

Tried this method several times across a few accounts and still couldn't get the editions button to show up.  Is there anything else I could try?

Try these but if they don't work, your only option will be to write off the MP trophies :(:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thx Mikey & Bob. Got it to work using ur tips.

One more thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you create an entire new account (registered email address) don't just use the default User1 account provided on the base console. I was able to log into the editions button with a 'User1' account / my main account on a player 2 controller - however this would not unlock trophies. Fresh registered account / main account on 2nd controller allowed trophies to unlock.

Hope this helps

Edited by varalzz

I was able to access Minecraft editions from ps4 Minecraft running on my ps5. I was able to get all DLC 2 & 5 trophies today in less than 2 hours, granted I have 2 PS5 Controllers, had to use a PS4 controller and use 2 alt accounts (no ps+ on the alt accounts) for one of the snowball ones.

I just happened to look today and see that there was a new option to "downgrade" Minecraft to the editions option. This is something to check out before going to other extremes

btw I was using a digital ps4 Minecraft on my PS5 didn't need to buy an old copy.

3 minutes ago, MohawkJon_1311 said:

I was able to access Minecraft editions from ps4 Minecraft running on my ps5. I was able to get all DLC 2 & 5 trophies today in less than 2 hours, granted I have 2 PS5 Controllers, had to use a PS4 controller and use 2 alt accounts (no ps+ on the alt accounts) for one of the snowball ones.

I just happened to look today and see that there was a new option to "downgrade" Minecraft to the editions option. This is something to check out before going to other extremes

btw I was using a digital ps4 Minecraft on my PS5 didn't need to buy an old copy.

Was that under the Versions tab when viewing the game app on the Dashboard?

On 15.8.2022 at 10:04 AM, HuntingFever said:

That's strange, maybe they reversed course and finally fixed it after spending years saying they wouldn't, because it was an intentional change.

I don´t think so.

I have both editions but cant get the editions button.?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, Newtbludger12357 said:

I managed to get the editions button to appear on a new account but I can't get any trophies to pop on my main account while in splitscreen. I set the game to public but no trophies pop when winning the battle games

I managed to get the trophies. At least from my experience I was not able to get the trophies to pop on my PS4. Even after going through the steps on 3 alt accounts, I wasn't able to get the trophies to pop on my main account whilst playing the minigames. It was only when doing the exact same steps as on the PS4 but on the PS5 that the trophies popped. To all those trying to get these trophies. Make sure you get them all done in a single sitting as the moment I restarted the game the Editions button was gone. 

• 1 month later...
On 7.9.2022 at 7:56 AM, Newtbludger12357 said:

I managed to get the trophies. At least from my experience I was not able to get the trophies to pop on my PS4. Even after going through the steps on 3 alt accounts, I wasn't able to get the trophies to pop on my main account whilst playing the minigames. It was only when doing the exact same steps as on the PS4 but on the PS5 that the trophies popped. To all those trying to get these trophies. Make sure you get them all done in a single sitting as the moment I restarted the game the Editions button was gone. 

How do you popped them on your Main? 

I only got the trophies on the createt Account in splitscreen. 

4 hours ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

How do you popped them on your Main? 

I only got the trophies on the createt Account in splitscreen. 

Hmmmm. Make sure you are signing and activating you main as primary while the game is open. Also make sure you are playing as your main in the splitscreen and not your dummy players.

6 hours ago, Newtbludger12357 said:

Hmmmm. Make sure you are signing and activating you main as primary while the game is open. Also make sure you are playing as your main in the splitscreen and not your dummy players.

Yes but how i can play with my Main in splitscreen?

When i close the game and open the game with my Main the Editions Button dissapear. 

Edited by LRL-Terrorzwerg

20 hours ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

Yes but how i can play with my Main in splitscreen?

When i close the game and open the game with my Main the Editions Button dissapear. 

you install and start the game with your alt as described in the original post so you can get the editions button to appear. while on the minigames menu you login with your main account on your second controller. start the minigame with the 1st player controller (your alt) and join in with your second player controller (your main). while in minigames play with your second controller to get the trophies on your main. I didn't have any issues with trophies popping for my main while playing with the controller assigned to my main. I only had issues when playing on my PS4. when I switched over to my PS5 the trophies started popping.

14 hours ago, Newtbludger12357 said:

you install and start the game with your alt as described in the original post so you can get the editions button to appear. while on the minigames menu you login with your main account on your second controller. start the minigame with the 1st player controller (your alt) and join in with your second player controller (your main). while in minigames play with your second controller to get the trophies on your main. I didn't have any issues with trophies popping for my main while playing with the controller assigned to my main. I only had issues when playing on my PS4. when I switched over to my PS5 the trophies started popping.

Wired. This is what i did. I did this with my second Controller main Account but the trophies popped for my first Controller alt account. 

• 1 year later...

This doesnt work for me. I am doing every step of this. After the update is done and just needs to be installed i disconnect from the internet again as mentioned in the post and then press install. The game should install as it is downloaded, just not copied but everytime i press install it just opens the game without installing