Metal gear solid 3

Yes. I've never played Re4 so I'll play the original before the remake.

also, there are some things that the remake fails to provide. much of the setting is lost, like for example the original SH.

there are things that it is not possible to emulate and will not have the same feeling.

At this point I don't think it matters. Part of the fun with the full-on remakes is the "I've played the game back in the day, now I'm playing the remake 20 years later, look how advanced games are now" aspect. 

Playing the original today is just playing an old game, it is not the same experience as it was when it first released. You'll definitely see the difference obviously, but the nostalgia factor is gone and it's pretty much a completely different perspective. 

Assuming the remake is gonna be good, I personally wouldn't touch the original at this point. You'll just play an old game (that can be awkward to play these days due to weird controls, by today's standards) that will completely spoil the story experience of the potentially better version. Again, assuming the remake is actually gonna be faithful and good. 

• Like 1

I'd say play the original. Just play it on the PS2 or PS3 since they have the pressure-sensitive face buttons that the game uses.

I don't think the remake will be as good as the original without Kojima, so might as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

At this point I don't think it matters. Part of the fun with the full-on remakes is the "I've played the game back in the day, now I'm playing the remake 20 years later, look how advanced games are now" aspect. 

Playing the original today is just playing an old game, it is not the same experience as it was when it first released. You'll definitely see the difference obviously, but the nostalgia factor is gone and it's pretty much a completely different perspective. 

Assuming the remake is gonna be good, I personally wouldn't touch the original at this point. You'll just play an old game (that can be awkward to play these days due to weird controls, by today's standards) that will completely spoil the story experience of the potentially better version. Again, assuming the remake is actually gonna be faithful and good. 

That has always been my dilemma with Final Fantasy VII. I was never into the series, so I jumped into it with FFXV. I didn't care for XV but thought maybe I should try VII one day considering it's the Proto-typical FF to get into. Regardless of individual opinions, VII is the most popular in the franchise and it's what you think of when you think of Final Fantasy. But I've always wondered if I played the original, would I really glean the same satisfaction from it NOW that someone normally got playing it on the PS1 in 1997? So I bought the Remake...haven't played it because I kind of wrestle with the idea that if I play the Remake and consider that my time with FFVII, does is it really count? 

It's the same situation with MGS. I've only ever played MGS4, which was great...and I have MGSV sitting on my shelf and just haven't gotten to it yet. But should I jump into the series with this Master Collection? Or bypass them and just play the remake of 3? Does that really still count as playing MGS3? 

I've gotten into retro gaming, been playing Wind Waker on GameCube for the first time. It's a great game...but when I think about how people consider it one of their favorite games of all time or their favorite Zelda game, I can't help but wonder what it would have been like had I had that nostalgia of playing it when the GameCube was still in rotation.

• Like 1