Start on PS4 or PS5 (Director´s Cut)

ippikitako

I have the PS4 version of the game, and could get the upgrade, but still haven´t installed my PS5. I´m going through a small backlog on PS4 and don´t have room for both consoles at the moment. Also no 4K TV for me... So, is it really worth the better graphics? Switching consoles for one game would be bit of a hassle for me. ? I could just play the PS4 version and move on...?

5 minutes ago, ippikitako said:

I have the PS4 version of the game, and could get the upgrade, but still haven´t installed my PS5. I´m going through a small backlog on PS4 and don´t have room for both consoles at the moment. Also no 4K TV for me... So, is it really worth the better graphics? Switching consoles for one game would be bit of a hassle for me. ? I could just play the PS4 version and move on...?

PS4 version of a game generally runs better on PS5. Moreover, the PS5 version will autopop most of the trophies if you load the completed PS4 version savedata into the PS5 version.

• Like 1

I've only played the game on PS5, so I might not be the right person to judge, but there are many things added to the PS5 version that weren't there on PS4. I probably would've adapted, but a lot of my cargo was delivered by truck, and I'm not sure how I would've gone about it without the added stretches of road. Plus other small addition to lessen the frustration, like being able to use the carriers on ziplines; it just makes for a more efficient and streamlined experience.

I also enjoyed the replayable boss battles and other challenges which can net you quite a bit of extra materials, though people are quite divided on those I think. It's also the best use of the haptic feedback I've felt on PS5 so far. 

So I'd say rather wait and upgrade this when you unpack the PS5.

• Like 1

Just a bit more info and forgetting about graphics, the DC version is much better. Has loads of new important stuff, and lots of quality of life changes.

I cant recall if the DC version is on PS4, but all the base versions are inferior products and thats without mentioning the graphics!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Just a bit more info and forgetting about graphics, the DC version is much better. Has loads of new important stuff, and lots of quality of life changes.

I cant recall if the DC version is on PS4, but all the base versions are inferior products and thats without mentioning the graphics!!

The DC never came to the PS4.

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The DC never came to the PS4.

Yea thanks, i couldnt remember as its been a long time and couldnt be bothered to google ;).

I platinumed the PS4 version maybe 4 times, autopopped PS5 and did the new trophies on PS5 as well.

Though I still wanna play the DC from scratch myself and make use of all the new stuff as a lot of it is quite awesome and will make the route to platinum quite a bit different. Im looking at those new Bike Ramps mainly and the new Trailers and such so you can carry more weight on the bike.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 4:24 AM, Optinooby said:

Yea thanks, i couldnt remember as its been a long time and couldnt be bothered to google ;).

I platinumed the PS4 version maybe 4 times, autopopped PS5 and did the new trophies on PS5 as well.

Though I still wanna play the DC from scratch myself and make use of all the new stuff as a lot of it is quite awesome and will make the route to platinum quite a bit different. Im looking at those new Bike Ramps mainly and the new Trailers and such so you can carry more weight on the bike.

Would love to see another guide for the YT as well. Especially since you've evolved as a guide maker as well in the years since your original one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Culturegeek said:

Would love to see another guide for the YT as well. Especially since you've evolved as a guide maker as well in the years since your original one.

That would be the plan ;), just a question of will I find the time to revisit a past game and if so, when??

Just sooo many games to play but sooo little time ;(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

That would be the plan ;), just a question of will I find the time to revisit a past game and if so, when??

Just sooo many games to play but sooo little time ;(

That's the dilemma and this is a rather long plat too.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 1:49 PM, MegaZeroXX said:

Guys, is the PS4 version of the game still OK to play? I've checked and the PS5 version is not free and I am not really into spending just to upgrade. Thank you!

What do you mean by, OK to play? 🙂

I´ve have finished it on PS5 and started the PS4 version a few weeks ago.