Bring Out The Big Guns?

TheDarkKratos

Hey gamers... What is the best method for farming this trophy please?

Bring Out The Big Guns - 'Get 50 kills with siege weapons'

The best maps, best modes, most time effective farming methods?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Thanks, Haiderr4. I was actually experimenting with that mode for wins. But many thanks for the help.

Edit -  I can't get this to work. I started a match with 24 bots. So I have more targets to hit. Chose Agatha defending team, used the Ballista, but can't hit a single enemy. I'm like Wtf? Reason is the front of the weapon is hiding my reticle, so I can't aim at all. Plus the weapon on my back is also blocking my aim sight, and the downward angle makes it worse. Can't see to aim, can't aim. Can't do anything. In one match I managed to hit one of my team mates. By the time the enemies get closer for an easy kill, the castle wall is in the way. Edit - 3 x matches later, still can't hit anything. Awesome! 

Is there anywhere else I can farm this AASF POS trophy?

Edited by TheDarkKratos

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks, Haiderr4. I was actually experimenting with that mode for wins. But many thanks for the help.

Edit -  I can't get this to work. I started a match with 24 bots. So I have more targets to hit. Chose Agatha defending team, used the Ballista, but can't hit a single enemy. I'm like Wtf? Reason is the front of the weapon is hiding my reticle, so I can't aim at all. Plus the weapon on my back is also blocking my aim sight, and the downward angle makes it worse. Can't see to aim, can't aim. Can't do anything. In one match I managed to hit one of my team mates. By the time the enemies get closer for an easy kill, the castle wall is in the way. Edit - 3 x matches later, still can't hit anything. Awesome! 

Is there anywhere else I can farm this AASF POS trophy?

Have you tried pressing the touchpad and going into first person mode? The guide states that the aiming is horrendous but aiming is fine it's just the hit detection is wonky.

Trying going into Dark Forest. Push the cart past the first door, after capturing the flag. There is another ballista near half way up the trail which should give you some easier kills as enemies are closer. Problems are that the enemies may aggro to you and it is kind of 10 minutes into the game.

• Like 1

Start up an offline game on Dark Forest, play as the defending team. Let the bots get to the 3rd(?) objective, or far enough to where you can get to the stationed ballista weapons. There are two, one of them being at the very top of a small tower. Man the weapon and kill everyone, including your bot teammates (they also count towards the trophy). Be careful though bc every now and then some enemy bots may push through and run up the tower to kill you from behind. You can get the trophy within 2-3 games if your aim is good enough.

• Like 1

A huge thank you to Best and Hooray for the help. This is going to be the platinum breaker for me

I still am really struggling to hit anything at all, but slowly starting to get Siege kills on Lion Spire.

It's like the arrows are going through them. I aim at clusters of 4-6 enemies, and hit nothing 99% of the time.

Is my game bugged or something? I get maybe 2 kills per match with the Ballista. Painful!

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 6:43 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

*Reason is the front of the weapon is hiding my reticle, so I can't aim at all. Plus the weapon on my back is also blocking my aim sight, and the downward angle makes it worse.

*the castle wall is in the way.

I highlighted those two points cause I think what you're doing is using the ballista on top of the castle wall.  You should be using the ballista in the middle of the field that is pictured in the screenshot haiderr provided.  The one on top of the castle is very hard to use as you're at quite a strange angle.  The one in the middle of the field is perfect, especially once the leftmost battering ram gets about 1/3 of the way to the castle.  You can pick guys off quite easily as they're both close to you and coming straight towards you.  Dark Forest has a couple good ballista placements as well, and I actually earned this trophy on that map, but I found the one on Lionspire to be just as easy to use, and its during the first phase of the battle, so you don't have to wait till the 4th or later phases like on Dark Forest.

You also mentioned killing your own guy.  That actually counts.  I earned a couple different kill trophies by killing my own bots.

Quick edit: If your weapon blocks your view, spawn as another class, like basic archer.  I didn't notice anything on his back obstructing my view when using the ballista.

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

Thanks a bunch for your input, Matto. I am making progress finally. Slowly, but surely.

I never imagined such a simple task would set me back so much. I have done way harder trophies. 

I also found myself killing more team-mates than actual enemies. Whatever works, right? Lol

Edited by TheDarkKratos

i have encounter a glich in darkforest in practis mode after the 3 objective as agatha go onthe ballista which faces direcly the gate, equip a ballista bolt in hand and then fire with the ballista press square to leave it and hop on it again, the ballista is instantly reloaded and you can chain fire it like a machine gun :D

• Like 1

Teodor - Haha. Awesome find. I actually used your method while farming Ballista kills on Lionspire for my 3rd stack.

It worked like a charm. I got to 50 kills so fast. A machine gun ballista. I would say this technique works on all Ballistas.

Press square to enter the Ballista, continue to hold L2 and R2, and just spam the square button while aiming. Lol.

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 1:02 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

Teodor - Haha. Awesome find. I actually used your method while farming Ballista kills on Lionspire for my 3rd stack.

It worked like a charm. I got to 50 kills so fast. A machine gun ballista. I would say this technique works on all Ballistas.

Press square to enter the Ballista, continue to hold L2 and R2, and just spam the square button while aiming. Lol.

I can confirm that this works great still on any Ballista, it just can be quite tricky to aim while you are pressing all the buttons. I advise aiming higher than you think and also being careful to keep hitting "square" or else you can end up doing a heavy attack, which will damage the Ballista.