Who was your favourite character in Danganronpa?

On 1-4-2018 at 4:15 PM, LadyFinesse95 said:

Kyouko Kirigiri :dance: she's smart and simple just like me ;)

Silly question of me :P I watched the anime and I don't have this game yet. Are there any similarities between them? Mi love it recommend?

I don't know if you just watched season 1, or also watched the Future & Despair Arcs (DR3), but 

• DanganRonpa 1 is exactly the same story as the first season of the anime, only with much more detail, much more character development, and it's just overall much better in every way. The gameplay takes place during the Class Trials in which you use knowledge and logic to shoot down faulty statements/arguments to progress the debate. This part of the gameplay can be really fun and exhilerating, but much of that has to do with not knowing the answers to all the questions yet, so I'm not sure how much fun it would be to play after having watched the anime. You also get to choose which characters you spend the most time with, and you'll get acquainted with their backstory more. 
  • DanganRonpa 2 is its own thing, there is no anime that follows the events of this game, but the Future and Despair Arcs of the anime (2016) serve as a direct sequel and prequel to it, introducing all of the characters, and spoiling much of the reveals that made DanganRonpa 2 great. The gameplay is largely unchanged, but the story is a lot better in this sequel, though you'll definitely enjoy the story less if you've seen the anime arcs. 
  • DanganRonpa 3 has no anime adaptation, so except if you consider the internet, there's nothing to spoil you. It introduces some cool ideas and does something very cool (imo, it's polarising) with the story, and is definitely worth experiencing. 

Also, if you only watched the first season of the DR anime, don't bother with any of the later ones. Even after finishing DR2, don't watch the 2016-17 arcs. They ruin characters and plotlines to the point of seeming disrespectful to the source material. They're garbage imo, I don't consider them canon, and my advice is you stay well away from them. 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 2

If we're just talking about DR1 I'd have to say either Taka or Mondo since the bromance was real.

Now if you're talking about the entire series I probably wouldn't be able to tell since there isn't really a character I dislike and it has like 1000 characters by the end. But Minimaru might take #1 spot since he's best guy, 11/10

On 4/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, QuentinCle95 said:

Even after finishing DR2, don't watch the 2016-17 arcs. They ruin characters and plotlines to the point of seeming disrespectful to the source material. They're garbage imo, I don't consider them canon, and my advice is you stay well away from them. 

Finally someone! 

I thought I was like the only one who didn't like Despair/Future arcs. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 4:46 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Finally someone! 

I thought I was like the only one who didn't like Despair/Future arcs. 

For me it's the opposite, I'm not super into the fanbase of danganronpa but the amount of people I seen that said the DR3 anime was anything better than complete horseshit I can probably count on one hand.