How much of the trophy list can be done solo now?

Thomas2400

I know this is an MMO but they keep making changes that are making more of the game soloable, like being able to do dungeons with NPCs 

So how much of the trophy list is solo and how much requires playing with others, stuff like the savage content I'm guessing I'll need others for 

I did get the platinum on the PS4 version and to be honest I was always nervous when playing with others that I'd make a mistake and cause a wipe, to be fair there where only two douchebags during my entire playthrough which was from the start to the end of shadowbringers when that came out, everyone else was patient and helpful if I was doing something wrong, even though the thought of having the pressure of messing it up for everyone has stopped me coming back 

Really want to get back into this and finish the endwalker content and go for the trophies again 

While you can do dungeons solo, I would just recommend playing with real players as it is faster, with that said, the bear minimum that requires other players would be:

1. Savage content
  2. Extreme content
  3. 24-man Raids
  4. A and S rank hunting
  5. The two super fates in Endwalker
  6. Treasure maps
  7. Criterion
  8. Completing the Blue Log
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

While you can do dungeons solo, I would just recommend playing with real players as it is faster, with that said, the bear minimum that requires other players would be:

1. Savage content
  2. Extreme content
  3. 24-man Raids
  4. A and S rank hunting
  5. The two super fates in Endwalker
  6. Treasure maps
  7. Criterion
  8. Completing the Blue Log

Thanks for the quick reply, how much is this is required for the platinum trophy vs the endwalker expansion 

And will the stuff just for the platinum be easily doable with the duty finder

I remember when I played on PS4 I was able to do some of the coil of bahamut solo by heading in with a character that was way over levelled for that content so I'm guessing eventually the endwalker content would become easier as well 

25 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, how much is this is required for the platinum trophy vs the endwalker expansion 

I remember when I played on PS4 I was able to do some of the coil of bahamut solo by heading in with a character that was way over levelled for that content so I'm guessing eventually the endwalker content would become easier as well 

You only need to do some Raids (8-men & 24-men) using Duty Finder. You might need one more person through Party Finder or a friend for some Bahamut Coils only if you can't solo them yourself. And Duty Finder raiding is usually stress free, just do your part (healing, dps or tanking) and, as long as you are not AFK, no one will ever complain even if your performance is below average.

Everything else for Platinum can be gotten solo.

Edit: and btw, since only normal raids are required for the platinum, your actions will (almost) never cause a wipe, so don't worry about that.

Edited by oYazmat

25 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

The duty finder is fine for regular content, but for high-level content like Savage, Extremes, Criterion, or party-specific content like Blue Mage, you are going to use the Party Finder which is pretty active. Most people do not queue for Extremels or savages in the duty finder, so don't bother using it for that content.

In terms of soloing content. Yes, it is possible to solo older content, but for a lot of raid content, you can't really do it solo without going PLD to invuln through party mechanics. No one really cares about your performance in old content, so don't worry too much and just join PFs. Current content will always get easier over time, but since an expansion has a lifespan of 2 years, it's a long wait.

52 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

I know this is an MMO but they keep making changes that are making more of the game soloable, like being able to do dungeons with NPCs 

So how much of the trophy list is solo and how much requires playing with others, stuff like the savage content I'm guessing I'll need others for 

I did get the platinum on the PS4 version and to be honest I was always nervous when playing with others that I'd make a mistake and cause a wipe, to be fair there where only two douchebags during my entire playthrough which was from the start to the end of shadowbringers when that came out, everyone else was patient and helpful if I was doing something wrong, even though the thought of having the pressure of messing it up for everyone has stopped me coming back 

Really want to get back into this and finish the endwalker content and go for the trophies again 

I've honestly found the community to be pretty damn friendly and helpful. If you're ever in the situation where something might go wrong and you inadvertently cause a wipe, take no notice if someone gives you grief. 

Which server are you playing on? I'm on Meteor (Japanese data center). The reason I ask is because I'm not sure about other servers and data centers, but these days I can't for the life of me join any 24-player raids through either duty roulette or lining up for a specific raid even if I queue for over an hour. At this rate I can see that being the thing to hold me back from the plat so hopefully its not the same for you. 

17 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I've honestly found the community to be pretty damn friendly and helpful. If you're ever in the situation where something might go wrong and you inadvertently cause a wipe, take no notice if someone gives you grief. 

Which server are you playing on? I'm on Meteor (Japanese data center). The reason I ask is because I'm not sure about other servers and data centers, but these days I can't for the life of me join any 24-player raids through either duty roulette or lining up for a specific raid even if I queue for over an hour. At this rate I can see that being the thing to hold me back from the plat so hopefully its not the same for you. 

I you ever have trouble queueing up for anything, try to queue up using a different role (if you have a tank or healer it can be faster), or try queueing up a few minutes before daily reset time (because right after it people usually queue up for daily roulettes)

• Like 1

Just renewed my sub for a month, probably a mistake with 16 a few days away, I did cancel it right away so I'll only be paying for the 30 days now and probably more later 

I'm probably going to start a new character and enjoy the story again from the start, I was wondering are trophies account wide or character wide, I'd love it if progress came across because it would probably save me a few thousand fates at the least 

@RoastedPeanut I have decided on a server yet, I'll probably just choose one in europe 

21 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

Just renewed my sub for a month, probably a mistake with 16 a few days away, I did cancel it right away so I'll only be paying for the 30 days now and probably more later 

I'm probably going to start a new character and enjoy the story again from the start, I was wondering are trophies account wide or character wide, I'd love it if progress came across because it would probably save me a few thousand fates at the least 

@RoastedPeanut I have decided on a server yet, I'll probably just choose one in europe 

Trophies are directly tied to in game achievements, and those are character tied, so... trophies are NOT account wide

On 6/19/2023 at 11:51 PM, oYazmat said:

I you ever have trouble queueing up for anything, try to queue up using a different role (if you have a tank or healer it can be faster), or try queueing up a few minutes before daily reset time (because right after it people usually queue up for daily roulettes)

The award for the biggest idiot goes to.....me! Turns out for some reason in my settings it was set to only join duties that were only English even though I'm on a Japanese server. As soon as I ticked all the other languages and queued I pretty much instantaneously got into multiple 24-player raids

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2023 at 9:46 AM, Thomas2400 said:

The Alliance Raids up to Shadowbringers are mandatory as there are trophies requiring you to complete the last tier of each alliance raid AND all of the Crystal Tower raids(because these are mandatory for the main story, you won't be allowed to complete the last set of Astral Era 2.x and start Heavensward if you do not do these raids due to Crystal Tower being a major part of Shadowbringers for spoilerific reasons), and to complete the last tier of every other alliance raid... well, you need to do them all. :P

Other than that, it might be possible to solo even Savage Content [while unsynced, of course, as there is no way anyone can solo synced as you are brought down to the level of the duty], but it gets much harder as you go up the expansions. The Coils of Bahamut and Alexander stuff is not too difficult solo(save for MAYBE Second Coil of Bahamut 4 Savage, the boss fight, since it uses a nasty raid-wide nuke that TPK you if you fail the mechanics) and the Omegascape raids are doable but only with really buff characters who can self-heal, like Warrior, because they have really nasty mechanics that can one-shot you if you fail them. Unfortunately, even now, the Eden Raids are just impossible to solo as they are Level 80 and you will run into many DPS checks that will TPK you and even at Level 90, you just do not have the DPS to hit that check. :(

Same thing with the Extreme trials. A Level 90 can one-shot Garuda Extreme unsynced, but not even a Warrior who can self-heal can survive against Hades Extreme because it has so many phases that can insta-kill you. When 7.0 comes around and we can all hit Level 100, things might be a bit easier. Right now, stuff like the Four Lords Extreme are barely doable with a Level 90 unsynced(except Suzaku, who can knock you off a pit and force you to redo the entire first phase), but when Level 100 is attainable, more guides for soloing stuff in Shadowbringers might be doable. However, none of the Extreme trials are connected to trophies so you can ignore those. ;)

Everything else is doable solo, though it will be a grind. Especially the 8000 collectables from gathering.

On 6/20/2023 at 3:18 PM, oYazmat said:

Trophies are directly tied to in game achievements, and those are character tied, so... trophies are NOT account wide

A question somehow related to this. I've played the game up to the end of Stormblood while going for the plat on PS4. I no longer have the time for 1000 hours games so I don't want to get sucked into the PS5 trophy list, but at some point I'd like to experience the rest of the story and side content which doesn't involve spending hundreds of hours of grinding/farming. Assuming I want to keep using my PS4 character, which options do I have? Transfer it to PC so I don't add this trophy list to my account? Since, once I'll clear my PS4 backlog, I'll be done with hunting anyway and I'd like to retire with this profile left at 100%. Or is it possible to transfer the character to another account? Also, hopefully at this point I should be able to solo most of the story content, unless it's mandatory to team up, or not?

Edited by Brightblade76

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

A question somehow related to this. I've played the game up to the end of Stormblood while going for the plat on PS4. I no longer have the time for 1000 hours games so I don't want to get sucked into the PS5 trophy list, but at some point I'd like to experience the rest of the story and side content which doesn't involve spending hundreds of hours of grinding/farming. Assuming I want to keep using my PS4 character, which options do I have? Transfer it to PC so I don't add this trophy list to my account? Since, once I'll clear my PS4 backlog, I'll be done with hunting anyway and I'd like to retire with this profile left at 100%. Or is it possible to transfer the character to another account? Also, hopefully at this point I should be able to solo most of the story content, unless it's mandatory to team up, or not?

XIV accounts are SquareEnix accounts, so you can either use the same old one on a new Sony account on your PS5 or buy the game on PC and use it.

As long as you don't use it on your main Sony account on a PS5 you are fine.

(No transfer involved)

The game is very Solo friendly, you can beat all MSQ solo (especially you are already past SB).

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

XIV accounts are SquareEnix accounts, so you can either use the same old one on a new Sony account on your PS5 or buy the game on PC and use it.

As long as you don't use it on your main Sony account on a PS5 you are fine.

(No transfer involved)

The game is very Solo friendly, you can beat all MSQ solo (especially you are already past SB).

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely jump back at the game in the coming future, I think I've played for 5-600 hours or so back then, doing also Heavensward and Stormblood just for fun while I was waiting for the levequest trophy to pop.

46 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely jump back at the game in the coming future, I think I've played for 5-600 hours or so back then, doing also Heavensward and Stormblood just for fun while I was waiting for the levequest trophy to pop.

Enjoy!

19 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Enjoy!

Another question, since you have a deep knowledge of the game. Till the end of Stormblood I mostly played as a red mage, since it was very versatile, I liked the decent long range damage and the ability to cure, by the time I was done with Stormblood I even managed to solo the binding coil of Bahamut stage required for the trophy, the one with Twintania, just for the sake of it, since I had already unlocked the trophy with a group. Is there among the classes released later one as versatile or even better?

1 hour ago, Brightblade76 said:

Another question, since you have a deep knowledge of the game. Till the end of Stormblood I mostly played as a red mage, since it was very versatile, I liked the decent long range damage and the ability to cure, by the time I was done with Stormblood I even managed to solo the binding coil of Bahamut stage required for the trophy, the one with Twintania, just for the sake of it, since I had already unlocked the trophy with a group. Is there among the classes released later one as versatile or even better?

Red Mage is still the most versatile job (magic/melee/healing). However, any job will do and you can beat MSQ with it solo since the game is always good at filling what you need with the right NPCs. And all jobs are somewhat balanced and used in end game. So just play the job you really like and enjoy.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:49 PM, oYazmat said:

Red Mage is still the most versatile job (magic/melee/healing). However, any job will do and you can beat MSQ with it solo since the game is always good at filling what you need with the right NPCs. And all jobs are somewhat balanced and used in end game. So just play the job you really like and enjoy.

Very nice.

Edited by Brightblade76

Thanks to the 14 days free login I've loaded up my old char, lv.70 redmage with ilvl 310 equipment. When I stopped playing I had something like 6 million gold amassed, this will allow me to buy some pretty bad ass stuff on the market board along the way. I think I'll spend these days to re-learn the mechanics of the game, cause I remember very little, then I will subscribe sometime in the future. Only downside is that I was missing a couple post-Stormblood dungeons that aren't yet available in duty support, to solo them with npc, but every other dungeon is selectable so I can replay some of them by myself.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, Brightblade76 said:

Thanks to the 14 days free login I've loaded up my old char, lv.70 Red Mage with ilvl 310 equipment. When I stopped playing I had something like 6 million gold amassed, this will allow me to buy some pretty bad ass stuff on the market board along the way. I think I'll spend these days to re-learn the mechanics of the game, cause I remember very little, then I will subscribe sometime in the future. Only downside is that I was missing a couple post-Stormblood dungeons that aren't yet available in duty support, to solo them with npc, but every other dungeon is selectable so I can replay some of them by myself.

You mean the three 4.x dungeons? Yeah, wait until Tuesday when 6.5 drops and Duty Support will be added to them. ;)

Also, about your comment on trophies, they may be connected to in-game achievements but are not tied to them, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get them if you did the free trial and then bought the game as you can auto-pop trophies by doing certain actions if you already have the achievement. For example, if you have the 5000 crafted collectible achievement, just craft one more collectible and all the trophies relating to that will pop automatically. These trophies can be earned by any character on your account, but only on your account. Just wanted to clear that up.

On 9/29/2023 at 9:47 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

You mean the three 4.x dungeons? Yeah, wait until Tuesday when 6.5 drops and Duty Support will be added to them. ;)

Also, about your comment on trophies, they may be connected to in-game achievements but are not tied to them, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get them if you did the free trial and then bought the game as you can auto-pop trophies by doing certain actions if you already have the achievement. For example, if you have the 5000 crafted collectible achievement, just craft one more collectible and all the trophies relating to that will pop automatically. These trophies can be earned by any character on your account, but only on your account. Just wanted to clear that up.

Thanks for the clarification, but I'm no longer interested in trophies for this game, I got the plat on PS4 and that's it, I'll keep playing by other means to experience the story but without loading the Ps5 list on this account. I barely have time for standard games nowadays, an offline rpg already takes me ages, I know if I load it I would try to 100% it no matter what, probably f'ing up the rest of my life considering the time commitment involved 😂

12 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Thanks for the clarification, but I'm no longer interested in trophies for this game, I got the plat on PS4 and that's it, I'll keep playing by other means to experience the story but without loading the Ps5 list on this account. I barely have time for standard games nowadays, an offline rpg already takes me ages, I know if I load it I would try to 100% it no matter what, probably f'ing up the rest of my life considering the time commitment involved 😂

That's my plan too. I will play the PS5 version on my old account but I won't load the game up on the PS5 on this account even though I have a PS5 account for this username. I'm only going to use the PS5 part of this account for PS5 stacks of games and maybe some exclusive. I'm going to get as much as I can done on the Free Trial, then sub for a year to get the platinum for the PS4 version and get to the end of Endwalker or Dawntrail(if that drops before I finish everything in the free trial - I know I'll be getting 100% Tribal rep and it takes FOREVER to get those to top rank, I know because I STILL have to keep doing tribal quests for the Heavensward Tribes as I need to grind dailies for 1730 Rep for Rank EIGHT, and I've already unlocked all the Shadowbringers tribes!).

Now that the new Growing Light DLC trophy list requires getting the Necromancer and Lone Wanderer titles from the Deep Dungeons solo clears, I am glad I didn't decided to do the Free Trial on PS5 on this account or this would be a mess. (This account is going to be for getting 100% trophies, so no impossible DLC is allowed.)