Is the Ipad 3 worth waiting for? (Yahoo! News)

zairozen

If you have an iPad 1, I imagine it'd be worth the wait for iPad 3. If this is going to be your first ever iPad purchase just get the iPad 2 now.

I imagine there's a similar argument at present with regard to iPhone - there's no overwhelming need to upgrade to 4S if you already own 4. In that case you're better served waiting for iPhone 5. But if you own a 3GS or your contract is up etc, upgrade away.

I find it pointless when they bring new ones out (supposedly better) within such short intervels. I would love to have an ipad but i aint spending that amount knowing the new better one will be coming soon after, if that makes sense???

That's why most of apples consumers (slaves) can dish out enough money to buy every sing product. They know the new one is RIGHT around the corner, but it's that they can brag that they spent most people yearly wages to say "I have all 3 Ipads".

Beyond 1080p you say? Well, if the display isn't larger your not going to notice much of a difference unless you set out to see it. Also, the difference in the OS won't be big, just a couple of new features like always when there's a new iOS version. All and all, it will probably be as big of a difference as between 4 and 4s.

Basically, iOS has been stuck in development ever since appstore was announced and it is already all that it can be.

Like dontwaketheKIDS said, if you have an iPad 1 sure. If you have an iPad 2 or no iPad at all your probably better of sticking with number 2 as it will probably get an update with all of the iPad 3 features anyway.

The specs is just another way for them to lure you in ;)

• 5 weeks later...

If you have an iPad 1, I imagine it'd be worth the wait for iPad 3. If this is going to be your first ever iPad purchase just get the iPad 2

Sums it up perfectly! I recently upgraded my iPhone from 3G to 4GS (whichever has Siri). I didn't see any point in getting the other phones along the way. I like significant jumps in technology if I'm spending $100's on something