Should I start this game?

shxrpay

59 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

It would be. Fishing isn't hard. The most mechanically difficult fish is Stethacanthus, just because of the whole Double Hooking a collectable bit for the intuition. Responding to fish RNG isn't hard, and barely requires skill

I don't know, being at the mercy of RNG to that degree seems way harder to me than my experience clearing all 5 ultimates in this game so far lol. I don't think it's even about skill that makes it hard, it's the amount of dedication and patience you need to have to catch all the Big Fishes. It can take more than a year depending on how hardcore you go for it, and it's not like you can just keep going anyway since some fishes spawn so rarely (i.e. under specific weather transition conditions, etc.). TOP and DSR were quite challenging to prog and clear, but unlike Big Fishing you have total control over it. You know that if you execute the mechanics you'll clear. With Big Fishing you can be as ready as you can be but it doesn't matter in the end because of RNG.

46 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I agree. I didn't do TOP yet but did DSR in 6.1 and was like, why don't I get a trophy for this? They are pretty odd with what they give trophies to. For instance, we probably should have a trophy for doing Criterion Savage. That's definitely easier than an Ultimate and EO, but I'll do anything they toss my way. Hoping to see a trophy tied to getting all of the Extreme mounts in 6.5. Would give me an incentive to start farming those again.

Heck, I wish they would have done more varied trophies for the older expansions. Having some trophies tied to things like doing Eureka, Bazja, old relics, and whatnot would have been cool.

I want Exploratory Content back in 7.0. Handing in 1500 tomes for a relic is so boring you can finish it before the patch even drops for crying out loud. Doesn't help that I find the Manderville quests obnoxious lol. People can hate on Eureka and Bozja all they want but they kept the game alive on that content drought before the next expansion - especially Bozja. What do we even have right now that will keep people playing till 7.0? 6.5 content is not going to last for more than a month.  

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I want Exploratory Content back in 7.0. Handing in 1500 tomes for a relic is so boring you can finish it before the patch even drops for crying out loud. Doesn't help that I find the Manderville quests obnoxious lol. People can hate on Eureka and Bozja all they want but they kept the game alive on that content drought before the next expansion - especially Bozja.

I love Hildebrand, but definitely hate this relic quest. There's nothing wrong with tomes as an option, but there is something wrong with tomes as the ONLY option. I think I had 5 relics upgraded from just passively playing before the latest upgrade dropped. They are just participation bonuses. I was so excited when they said they were going back to the ARR and HW relic structure, but this isn't it. I want a reason to log in.

Exploration content is definitely fun. I'd actually like to see them go back and add onto Eureka or Bazja then make a new one. Would also be really cool to see this content, and Deep Dungeons accessible as Bluemage content. Would be pretty cool to use the elemental wheel in Eureka and combine it with spells of the same element for super attacks or something like that.

• Like 1

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/ffxiv-dawntrail-release-date-new-jobs-locations-and-story-details/
 For @lie. You now have one Year Till the Next Big Update ?. Its a Good time to find out that the Game and collecting trophies or playing on pc. About trophies you know my opionen as Stated before, but Maybe the new Things motivates you. 

topic: about the Fish trophy. If we Talk about the Mindset of the Game than they Should make a „ Fish 5000“ times. With this its definitly a Long way to go, but Not forcing you to catch the absolute rngs Basic Fishes. But fishing 5000 times for example would Maybe Players get the feeling of: „i Dont have to focus on extreme Rare  Fishes but have enough tries to find a lot of them“. Thats something i would very appreciate And Maybe opens the way to catch more fishes After that. But a big fisher trophy is just a punch in the face. 

did the 8000 gatherings in one month and it was very peaceful whatching YouTube, and Visited a few Old locations to See where gatherings Are. But didnt have to gather all Items and that was the difference to me to stay motivated. Because it was MY decision what to Farm and where. They only gave Me a number how much and that was fine to me.

Edited by VER7UZ-