Turn Based RPG w/ Trophies?

Dreakon139

Just curious.

For a while I've been interested in a "next-gen" Final Fantasy. XIII disappointed me in the sense that it seemed the majority of fighting was done for you. So for now I've just been kind of sitting around waiting for another Final Fantasy... until this moment when I realized that might be kind of dumb. The only one on the horizon is XIII-2 and that probably won't have the battle system I'm looking for anyways.

I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy X HD re-release, but that's still a bit away it seems.

So I beseech thee, humble PSNProfiles goers. What's a good, traditional Final Fantasy style RPG for the PS3? I ask that it has trophies, simply because I like them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Like 1

RPGs with trophies? There are a few options.... although most turn-based RPGs in this generation of consoles leans heavily towards strategy RPGs as opposed to "pure" RPGs such as the Final Fantasy series of yore.

You could look into various NISA titles -- they do a number of JRPGs that span the entire spectrum from normal RPGs to strategy RPGs. Looking through my trophy lists, you might also take a look at Faery: Legends of Avalon (digital download from the PSN Network). It's relatively short (10-15 hours tops), but it might help you scratch that itch.

I'm an avid RPGer myself, but most of what has appeared on the PS3 doesn't really strike me as similar to the Final Fantasies of yesteryear. You've got a fair amount of strategy RPGs, and you've got a fair amount that's "real time" with the AI doing much of the work for you.

• Like 1

Only one I found was White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 that is a standard turn based RPG. However, the trophies are near impossible imo.

lol they're not impossible they just require 100's of hours which is what I find to be a true RPG, that is a good pick though WKC is a good game

Also I suggest Costume Quest, and it's not up to the scale of FF but it's a nice little downloadable game

Only one I found was White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 that is a standard turn based RPG. However, the trophies are near impossible imo.

White Knight Chronicles is way, way, WAY closer to being FF13 than it is to being a turn-based RPG. It's also more-or-less impossible to get the platinum solo.... unless you're the kind of guy who likes tedious and time-consuming challenges that take four times as long as they otherwise would.

WKC is really more of a MMORPG.

If you want to go old school, and spend a lot of time on the game... Star Ocean: The Last Hope. very fun and old-school, plus the plat is ultra rare still @___@

...also probably Disgaea 3 or 4 are good choices, aint played em but i did play the first on PS2, kinda foggy but it was pretty fun.

If you want to go old school, and spend a lot of time on the game... Star Ocean: The Last Hope. very fun and old-school, plus the plat is ultra rare still @___@

...also probably Disgaea 3 or 4 are good choices, aint played em but i did play the first on PS2, kinda foggy but it was pretty fun.

Star ocean is more action oriented

disgaea are SRPG

Still good games but i don't think they fit the bill

I'm starting to think Final Fantasy X HD may be my best option... whenever that's coming out. :unsure:

Hyperdimension Neptunia (the second is coming early 2012) and Trinity Universe are both Turn Based RPG w/ Trophies as well as the atelier series.

You might also try Cross Edge which fits the bill but include sometimes include some minor party repositionning in a little 4 X 4 combat zone.

well... as far as turn-based...

Penny Arcade 1

Penny Arcade 2

White knight Chronicles 1

White Knight Chronicles 2

Final Fantasy 13

Trinity Universe

Last Rebellion

Resonance of Fate

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (comes out 2012)

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Atelier Meruru (comes out 2012)

These all have turn based features...

there are a few others with strategy features such as...

Cross Edge

Record of Agarest War

Record of Agarest War ZERO

Record of Agarest War 2 (comes out 2012)

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

Final Fantasy 10 should be coming out next year and i hope that Final Fantasy 12 follows :)

• Like 2

If you mean the REAL turn-based RPG (where you can actually wait as long as you want till your next turn), then Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment is your answer. It has exactly the same gameplay as Final Fantasy Tactics except the jobs.

Also, look forward for Rainbow Moon.

WOW!!! that Rainbow Moon game looks SICK!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!