Does Gotterdammerung Reforged count for trophy?

linkdevivo

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

I sold Ragnarok sword required for forging Gotterdammerung and getting the trophy. If I craft the reforged version  in NG+ does that count unlock the trophy?

Idk Powerpyx’s guide says you could only miss a trophy if you Sell materials.. Hé didnt say anything About a sword, but i didn’t even know you could sell those. In my case the swords that still need an upgrade aren’t even sellable…

8 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

Idk Powerpyx’s guide says you could only miss a trophy if you Sell materials.. Hé didnt say anything About a sword, but i didn’t even know you could sell those. In my case the swords that still need an upgrade aren’t even sellable…

That exactly is why I now find myself having to create this thread. Powerpyx guide said to just not sell materials but turns out you need to not sell a specific sword that goes into the recipe. I sold the sword (no materials sold at all) and so here we are. Really wished they would have worded it correctly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

That exactly is why I now find myself having to create this thread. Powerpyx guide said to just not sell materials but turns out you need to not sell a specific sword that goes into the recipe. I sold the sword (no materials sold at all) and so here we are. Really wished they would have worded it correctly.

"only if you sell the materials for Gotterdammerung (Ragnarok, Orichalcum, Darksteel, Primitive Battlehorn). Just don’t sell any materials and you can’t miss it."

I see your argument but TBH you kind of have to accept the blame for not making a note of what specifically went into the sword. I would have been looking out for anything named ragnarok while selling

Further down in the guide it does say "To keep it simple don’t sell any materials/weapons and you will have enough to craft every weapon and armor in the game. Even if you sold the materials you could still do it in New Game+"

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

"only if you sell the materials for Gotterdammerung (Ragnarok, Orichalcum, Darksteel, Primitive Battlehorn). Just don’t sell any materials and you can’t miss it."

I see your argument but TBH you kind of have to accept the blame for not making a note of what specifically went into the sword. I would have been looking out for anything named ragnarok while selling

Further down in the guide it does say "To keep it simple don’t sell any materials/weapons and you will have enough to craft every weapon and armor in the game. Even if you sold the materials you could still do it in New Game+"

Exactly this.. could’t have Said it better myself. You put materials in the swords so why would u sell those? I only sell green and blue stuff everything above that Stays in my inventory ?

Why would you sell anything at all. There is a surplus of money in this game. I bought most of the new equipment and never sold valuables and still had 500k gil at the end. Spent about  200k on cooldown amulets before attempting Trials and still had a lot of money lying around. 

• Like 2

(was meant as a reply to Akrioz, quoting is bugged for me)

Are we playing different games? I am on action-focused, endgame, sold almost all valuables, 50 lvl, killed all marks, never bought any potions, I have less than 5k gil and I STILL have accessories left to buy in various stores.

Edited by ShaNagbaImuru777
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

(was meant as a reply to Akrioz, quoting is bugged for me)

Are we playing different games? I am on action-focused, endgame, sold almost all valuables, 50 lvl, killed all marks, never bought any potions, I have less than 5k gil and I STILL have accessories left to buy in various stores.

I’ve had the 25% gil bonus on almost the entire game so far.. So maybe that Has something to do with it im at 92% main story and have close to 1 million gil ATM

23 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

I’ve had the 25% gil bonus on almost the entire game so far.. So maybe that Has something to do with it im at 92% main story and have close to 1 million gil ATM

I had maybe 100k max and went into NG+ with 3k after buying all accessories and orchestrions from stores. I used the Cait Sith charm for 1/2 of the game, then switched to the AP accessory.

Mind you, I would never sell a weapon for quick gil no matter what. Previous Final Fantasy games taught me to hoard everything.

Autocorrect
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

I had maybe 100k max and went into NG+ with 3k after buying all accessories and orchestrions from stores. I used the Cait Sith charm for 1/2 of the game, then switched to the AP accessory.

Mind you, I would never sell a weapon for quick gil no matter what. Previous Final Fantasy games taught me to board everything.

How is this possible ive bought almost everything you need to buy and i’ve got like 800k left, maybe u didn’t do many side quests? Can’t think of any other reasson…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

How is this possible ive bought almost everything you need to buy and i’ve got like 800k left, maybe u didn’t do many side quests? Can’t think of any other reasson…

All side quests, before and after timeskip. All marks and I am 99% certain all treasure chests (played without a guide). And I farmed potions off shiny pick ups, when needed, so that I didn't have to buy them. Sold a bunch of common non-unique crafting materials too, like Talons, worth 1200 gil a pop, which is huge. Bought one of every weapon and armor piece, one of every orchestrion and one of every accessory. Didn't sell One Man's Treasure as I want to keep it, but it's just 100k. No clue how you managed to save that much.

Aesthetic spacing
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

All side quests, before and after timeskip. All marks and I am 99% certain all treasure chests (played without a guide). And I farmed potions off shiny pick ups, when needed, so that I didn't have to buy them. Sold a bunch of common non-unique crafting materials too, like Talons, worth 1200 gil a pop, which is huge. Bought one of every weapon and armor piece, one of every orchestrion and one of every accessory. Didn't sell One Man's Treasure as I want to keep it, but it's just 100k. No clue how you managed to save that much.

Damn… I have no idea, but you still bought everything. So it didn’t really matter in the end ?

On 7/10/2023 at 10:22 PM, linkdevivo said:

I sold Ragnarok sword required for forging Gotterdammerung and getting the trophy. If I craft the reforged version  in NG+ does that count unlock the trophy?

I can confirm that building the "reforged" version in NG+ counts for the trophy as I just got it on my "final fantasy ng+" playthrough

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 2:19 AM, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

Mind you, I would never sell a weapon for quick gil no matter what. Previous Final Fantasy games taught me to hoard everything.

Same. Got burned in Breath of Fire back in ‘95, haven’t sold a weapon in any game since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crabby-san said:

Same. Got burned in Breath of Fire back in ‘95, haven’t sold a weapon in any game since.

One of the most ridiculous examples of this is Final Fantasy IX, where a bunch of endgame equipment becomes craftable on disc 4 from weak early game equipment unavailable since disc 2. If you sold the stuff - I guess you're out of luck. So yeah, not selling anything that's not easily farmable. Lesson learnt.

On the topic of money in FFXVI in NG+ - currently right before the final boss, finished all quests/marks and crafted all endgame accessories - 700k left. NG+ is way more generous in terms of cash, at least it was for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the end of my NG+ FF mode playthrough I had more than enough Gil to buy everything I needed including all of the accessories and music items.  So you really don't need to sell anything, but if you do the only things that can be safely sold are the resources that can be easily farmed.  I had so much of the common resources that I could've made around 100k - 200k+ Gil and still have plenty left to use for crafting and upgrading.  I didn't do any real farming either.