Warning for Downpour DLC

Way_of_Tomoe

I know this has happened to others and the Switch version as well.

Installed the DLC today and got all of my progress wiped (I have a backup, but downloading that didn't do anything).

I'd honestly recommend avoiding the DLC for now unless you're okay with starting over.

EDIT 1: After uninstalling the game and just redownloading it minus the DLC, my progress is still gone. I think it was probably the latest update that messed up saves.

EDIT 2: It's possible to access a cheat menu to unlock all slugcats and bypass the need to finish Survivor again. Refer to Vern3r0z's post below for details.

Edited by Way_of_Tomoe
  • Like 2

I haven't played the game in years and wasn't following it to even be aware of any new DLC coming. As I have no idea what the DLC involves my question is does this issue actually matter directly to the new update or not? I had a complete file, if it's wiped it would admittedly kinda suck of course but does it in any way actually impact my access to the new DLC content? Like, do I need a complete file to do certain things? Do I need to re-complete the base game to unlock or access stuff in the DLC?

I'd rather jump straight into the DLC and not have to re-do what I've already done, so if that's the case I might wait hopefully on a patch to resolve save file issues.

Looks like this dlc has been out on pc since january. Any info on the difficulty/ are the achivements same on pc?

Looked at the challenges: https://rainworld.miraheze.org/wiki/Challenges have to complete the base game with all the characters and such fun things, this dlc is gonna be at least 100hrs i think.

EDIT: apparently at least on the switch there is a cheat option to unlock all slugcats and other things in some menus somewhere so that there shouldn't be no need to play the game through with all the characters, don't know if this appplies to the challenges. Can someone confirm if this applies to the playstation version?

EDIT2: i found the cheat menu, which means that you dont have to play thorugh the main game to unlock all the stuff. Seems like there are also some assists and such, but i didn't dive too deeply into those yet. Also no idea if they disable trophies or not. My save also got wiped, but if i understand the new trophies correctly that shouldn't matter too much, you just need some partial playthroughs with different characters and the expeditions all arena challenges and some other stuff.

But heres a video of showing how to unlock the arenas and expedition stuff:

Edited by Vern3r0z
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 5:07 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I haven't played the game in years and wasn't following it to even be aware of any new DLC coming. As I have no idea what the DLC involves my question is does this issue actually matter directly to the new update or not? I had a complete file, if it's wiped it would admittedly kinda suck of course but does it in any way actually impact my access to the new DLC content? Like, do I need a complete file to do certain things? Do I need to re-complete the base game to unlock or access stuff in the DLC?

I'd rather jump straight into the DLC and not have to re-do what I've already done, so if that's the case I might wait hopefully on a patch to resolve save file issues.

Using the cheat Vern3r0z posted should bypass the need to finish the Survivor again and get straight to doing a Hunter run and the other slugcats. Just sucks for players still in the middle of their platinum run and completionists (RIP all the hours I spent collecting pearls ?).

On 7/12/2023 at 5:10 AM, Vern3r0z said:

Looks like this dlc has been out on pc since january. Any info on the difficulty/ are the achivements same on pc?

Looked at the challenges: https://rainworld.miraheze.org/wiki/Challenges have to complete the base game with all the characters and such fun things, this dlc is gonna be at least 100hrs i think.

EDIT: apparently at least on the switch there is a cheat option to unlock all slugcats and other things in some menus somewhere so that there shouldn't be no need to play the game through with all the characters, don't know if this appplies to the challenges. Can someone confirm if this applies to the playstation version?

EDIT2: i found the cheat menu, which means that you dont have to play thorugh the main game to unlock all the stuff. Seems like there are also some assists and such, but i didn't dive too deeply into those yet. Also no idea if they disable trophies or not. My save also got wiped, but if i understand the new trophies correctly that shouldn't matter too much, you just need some partial playthroughs with different characters and the expeditions all arena challenges and some other stuff.

But heres a video of showing how to unlock the arenas and expedition stuff:

Awesome find! I'll probably end up using this if the save issue never gets resolved.

I never did finish all the challenges on pc, but most of them aren't too bad. There are several that can be really frustrating though.

100+ hours seems about right in terms of completion. You need a complete playthrough of Hunter (meet Moon, Pebbles then Ascend), complete playthrough of Saint, partial playthroughs others for passages, meet all echoes again and then Expedition and Challenges.

EDIT: My mistake. I'm pretty sure you need to do a full playthrough of every character for the trophies-- the new ones having different endings than just the usual ascending.

Edited by Way_of_Tomoe
correcting mistake

42 minutes ago, Way_of_Tomoe said:

Using the cheat Vern3r0z posted should bypass the need to finish the Survivor again and get straight to doing a Hunter run and the other slugcats. Just sucks for players still in the middle of their platinum run and completionists (RIP all the hours I spent collecting pearls 1f611.png).

Awesome find! I'll probably end up using this if the save issue never gets resolved.

I never did finish all the challenges on pc, but most of them aren't too bad. There are several that can be really frustrating though.

100+ hours seems about right in terms of completion. You need a complete playthrough of Hunter (meet Moon, Pebbles then Ascend), complete playthrough of Saint, partial playthroughs others for passages, meet all echoes again and then Expedition and Challenges.

Im still currently working on another game, but will get to this once im done with it. You didn't happen to do any expeditions on pc?

1 hour ago, Vern3r0z said:

Im still currently working on another game, but will get to this once im done with it. You didn't happen to do any expeditions on pc?

Sadly only tried it a bit. It's a randomized mode with permadeath where they give you random objectives to do. I'm guessing the trophy is tied to missions; which is the one with set objectives specific to a slugcat.