Unapproved custom servers

Brg_lettus

So From this video (and Other places I've seen) People are trying to bring back the servers for Guitar hero 5, Band hero and Warriors of Rock. This Server seems to be a Private WIP. The Trophies can be earned the same way before the server shutdown, however I'm not quite sure if this is accessed through an unmodded PS3 or CFW So we'll have to wait and see if these custom servers are as legit in earning trophies as the actual servers from years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, kevao97 said:

We need the Supreme Lords of integrity and legitimacy with their superior knowledge, to have access to such code that makes up the server and, due to their great wisdom inaccessible by beings as small as us, to be able to guide such tiny people whether or not they can play on these servers. Until then, unfortunately, we will remain in existential doubt whether this server can be considered safe and legitimate for trophy hunting.

K dude

16 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

As with every other custom server that's revived or attempting to revive, it won't be considered legit on this site until approved by the CRT and is also open source. 

Aka I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Fair Enough, Just wanted to bring light to a possibility that Certain guitar heroes could be obtainable again

By chance I started looking into this myself just as this thread was posted and I’ve been scrambling to sign in ever since lol. The GH5 online trophies have been haunting me for years! I don’t know dingle about reviving servers, but If there’s anything I can do to pitch in at all let me know! Even if it’s just trophy boosting if/when possible.

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2023 at 4:31 AM, Brg_lettus said:

So From this video (and Other places I've seen) People are trying to bring back the servers for Guitar hero 5, Band hero and Warriors of Rock. This Server seems to be a Private WIP. The Trophies can be earned the same way before the server shutdown, however I'm not quite sure if this is accessed through an unmodded PS3 or CFW So we'll have to wait and see if these custom servers are as legit in earning trophies as the actual servers from years ago.

I checked their discord servers and all you have to do is change your DNS. No CFW needed.

@kilodawe bro! You should keep an eye on this!

Edited by ViperLance34
  • Like 2

I believe that there are private servers up and running for this game, I managed to find a discord but didn't see any channels for GH5 for PS3. I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please? I would very much like to play online and also to get some of the online trophies and the easier to obtain online trophies, so if anyone wants to do the same let me know and we can organise a time to get some of the trophies or just to jam out in general.

Side question (if anyone knows) Are private servers in the works for any of the other GH titles? or know of any that maybe already exist? Thank you

They aren't approved by the CRT so will get you flagged for cheating and told by them to hide the list. See here for the full list of CRT Approved servers:

If you don't care about being on the leaderboards, then go ahead and damn the consequences but if you do care about being on them, either avoid these unofficial custom servers like the plague or only play this game on an alt account instead of your main one. If the servers are Open Source and CFW free, you can petition the CRT to get them added to the approved servers list by following the instructions in the linked thread.

PS: Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just relaying what has already been laid out in the site rules.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 minutes ago, dcooper97 said:

I believe that there are private servers up and running for this game, I managed to find a discord but didn't see any channels for GH5 for PS3. I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please? I would very much like to play online and also to get some of the online trophies and the easier to obtain online trophies, so if anyone wants to do the same let me know and we can organise a time to get some of the trophies or just to jam out in general.

Side question (if anyone knows) Are private servers in the works for any of the other GH titles? or know of any that maybe already exist? Thank you

Are the private servers open-source, or completely closed-off? That would be what ultimately goes against it being allowed or not.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Any new developments on this front? I checked the Warehouse Discord to see what was up there, and as far as I could tell, the GH-ps3 servers are still just a private beta, however it also seemed as if they should be up and running. Haven't had any luck connecting with any games myself tho, which very well could be my fault for setting up something wrong or whatever, but since its very hard to get any sort of reply from the (seemingly one) person working on these particular servers, I really can't even begin to tell where the problem is. I do see some suspiciously recent achievers on the various online-only trophies here on psnprofiles tho, so it seems as if some people are getting it done somehow, so here I am, asking and digging for some answers as to how to do this😅

I had originally made my peace with never getting a plat in GH5, Warriors of Rock or Band Hero, thus just playing them for fun, but now that it's starting to seem like its actually possible to get these damned roadblock-trophies knocked out, my GH trophy-hunting instincts are stirring again and I need answers dammit😂

Anyways, hit me up if you know anything, or keep me in the back of your mind if you ever need some assistance with some of these trophies, provided the servers actually goes public properly at some point👍🤞

• Like 1

Also, I whipped together a list of trophies in GH-games that *requires* online play that potentially could be made available again provided these servers at some point becomes active. I'll post them here for referance, might be usefull to some down the line🙂

But first some disclaimers:

The list isn't verified by anyone else yet, I just skimmed the trophy-lists and guides for these games and put it together, so there could be some missing, some errors etc. Also, there are several trophies that would be significantly easier to get with online-functionality restored, but that are still technically attaineable offline. These are not included in the list.

Guitar Hero Online-trophies:

BAND HERO:

• Face to Face

Complete 25 online Pro Face-Off matches, win or lose

• Till Death Do Us Part

Play an online Do or Die game

• M.C.

Host an online Career game and play a song

GUITAR HERO 5:

• Ménage à Huit

Play an online match with 8 players, all on the same instrument

• Outgoing

Complete 25 Pro Face Off matches online (Win or Lose)

• Rocktopus

Make a standard 8-player Band v Band match online, win or lose

• Sampler Plate

Play at least one song in Quickplay, Career and each Competitive game type

GUITAR HERO: WARRIORS OF ROCK:

• Tracker of Deeds

Follow any five Hero Feed items (Online only)

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA:

• Black

Win an online battle match with the Fade to Black power up

• Better Than You

Win an online Pro Face-Off match

• Blitzkrieg

Win an online Band v Band match (8 players)

• Seek and Destroy

Play 20 online matches

• The Unforgiven

Win an online Face-Off match

• The Unforgiven II

Win an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

• The Unforgiven III

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

GUITAR HERO: SMASH/GREATEST HITS:

• Face to Face

Win an online Pro Face-Off match.

• You Cannot Beat Me

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more.

• Killing In The Name

Win 50 online matches.

• You Should Be Afraid

Win an online Face-Off match.

• Play With Me

Play 20 online matches

• Clash Of The Titans

Win a Band vs. Band match (8 players).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2024 at 12:44 AM, rasmooos said:

Also, I whipped together a list of trophies in GH-games that *requires* online play that potentially could be made available again provided these servers at some point becomes active. I'll post them here for referance, might be usefull to some down the line🙂

But first some disclaimers:

The list isn't verified by anyone else yet, I just skimmed the trophy-lists and guides for these games and put it together, so there could be some missing, some errors etc. Also, there are several trophies that would be significantly easier to get with online-functionality restored, but that are still technically attaineable offline. These are not included in the list.

Guitar Hero Online-trophies:

BAND HERO:

• Face to Face

Complete 25 online Pro Face-Off matches, win or lose

• Till Death Do Us Part

Play an online Do or Die game

• M.C.

Host an online Career game and play a song

GUITAR HERO 5:

• Ménage à Huit

Play an online match with 8 players, all on the same instrument

• Outgoing

Complete 25 Pro Face Off matches online (Win or Lose)

• Rocktopus

Make a standard 8-player Band v Band match online, win or lose

• Sampler Plate

Play at least one song in Quickplay, Career and each Competitive game type

GUITAR HERO: WARRIORS OF ROCK:

• Tracker of Deeds

Follow any five Hero Feed items (Online only)

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA:

• Black

Win an online battle match with the Fade to Black power up

• Better Than You

Win an online Pro Face-Off match

• Blitzkrieg

Win an online Band v Band match (8 players)

• Seek and Destroy

Play 20 online matches

• The Unforgiven

Win an online Face-Off match

• The Unforgiven II

Win an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

• The Unforgiven III

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

GUITAR HERO: SMASH/GREATEST HITS:

• Face to Face

Win an online Pro Face-Off match.

• You Cannot Beat Me

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more.

• Killing In The Name

Win 50 online matches.

• You Should Be Afraid

Win an online Face-Off match.

• Play With Me

Play 20 online matches

• Clash Of The Titans

Win a Band vs. Band match (8 players).

Do you have a link for this discord server please ?

On 5/10/2024 at 9:02 AM, lbadplaay said:

Do you have a link for this discord server please ?

Browse the comments of the youtube-vid, I think I saw it there.

Its worth noting that the guys there consists of a bunch of people working on various gameservers, but there is only one guy that has any knowledge about GH in particular. I've been in touch with him a little bit and he's been pretty cool, but unfortunately he is swamped with other things to do and last I heard he seems to have decided that this WIP server probably wont get anymore attention and will just be provided as is. Aka, support for any other gh-games is not planned and this server will not be "finished", made "public" or supported in any official capacity, like their other servers are. In fact, they even removed the channels for GH due to inactivity shortly after I joined. I suppose the gh5 private-server is not so well known so if you find him on the discord he might still be willing to answer some questions, but he seems to just wanna leave it be for now. The server works well enough to get the platinum at least, but yeah this game is janky AF, and the server likely isn't super-polished so its a bit of a struggle sometimes😅

Anyways, I've heard rumblings about some mods of psnprofiles not being to happy that he wasnt willing to share his codebase, so I suspect that might be why people aren't screaming from the rooftops in here about these servers. I dont know firsthand what has been said and where, but I guess theres been some drama? I dont really know, but its got some users a bit jumpy, and worried that they might get banned for getting these trophies. I really dont like this personally. Given the nature of the trophies in question and the inactive nature of any competitive metagame of any sort surrounding GH5, there is no need to be super-strict about how people are unlocking these trophies. This site is supposed to encourage and support the fun of getting trophies, and these trophies are extra cool to get because the official servers have been down for ages and the fact that you have to think pretty far outside of the box to get them makes it even more fun for me, its just really cool that the plat is attaineable again! Its quite a lot of people going for trophies in GH5 nowadays, and its honestly just great fun to be a part of it😁 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Been seeing a lot of people getting the online trophies without getting banned from the leaderboards. Is the CRT closing an eye on this game?

No, just like in the past, sometimes the report queue gets larger and it takes more time to work. There may have just been a surge in popularity with some groups of trophy hackers focusing on this game. Have you verified they're all reported and how long would has it been since they were reported?

As was mentioned in another thread, there is no SLA/guarantee for how quickly people will be removed, eventually they will. Just like there is no promised resolution time for Disputes, eventually they'll also be resolved.

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, just like in the past, sometimes the report queue gets larger and it takes more time to work. There may have just been a surge in popularity with some groups of trophy hackers focusing on this game. Have you verified they're all reported and how long would has it been since they were reported?

As was mentioned in another thread, there is no SLA/guarantee for how quickly people will be removed, eventually they will. Just like there is no promised resolution time for Disputes, eventually they'll also be resolved.

I have no idea if they've been reported or not. I just noticed quite a few people getting these trophies since the private servers where announced back in 2023.

2 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

I have no idea if they've been reported or not. I just noticed quite a few people getting these trophies since the private servers where announced back in 2023.

Since you have the game on your profile, if you go to their trophy list for the game you can see if the "Report these trophies as illegitimate" link is showing. If it is, then no one has reported these trophies and the Cheater Removers generally aren't going to highly prioritize unreported trophies over their report queue.

Also, I'm only seeing about 7 people who have earned at least one of the 4 online only trophies after 2020, are those the "quite a few" you're referring to?

Earners from:
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/159-guitar-hero-5/23-outgoing and https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/159-guitar-hero-5/21-ménage-à-huit

Is it fair to say that the majority of people also think it's dumb how all servers that don't require modded hardware aren't automatically allowed? The site is just stomping on people's possible fun in my opinion. I always fail to understand how psnprofiles is the default over TT other than people disliking it due to being an xbox sister site

Edited by nick_felix0

11 minutes ago, nick_felix0 said:

Is it fair to say that the majority of people also think it's dumb how all servers that don't require modded hardware aren't automatically allowed? The site is just stomping on people's possible fun in my opinion. I always fail to understand how psnprofiles is the default over TT other than people disliking it due to being an xbox sister site

No, I don't think that's a fair representation of how "the majority of people" think. Quantifying claims requires data to back it up. Anecdotes and confirmation bias doesn't count.

One single website is not "stomping on anyone's possible fun". Go play! Enjoy it. Show those devs your support. Jump back in and experience something that was not possible for a while.