Why is this so rare, and is it still possible

cbh114

59 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Plat is obtainable but you need a co-op partner and the patience of several saints to get it done, because this game is reported to be insanely hard and very buggy.

Already got a partner no stress. But with buggy is that like deleting saves kinda buggy or trophy’s not popping or what

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Thanks @Zipp Storm for mentioning me! I'll do my best to break it down for OP here...

Partially why the game is so rare is because yes, it has PSPlus effect. But even that fact aside, this game would def have stayed sub-1% in my opinion regardless... Because it's that fuckin hard!! 

So the game is challenging enough in single player mode. You have to play 100 levels and each level has 3 missions to complete. Ranging from beat a level in 1 try, to collect so many clones, or beat the level without touching anything, etc. It's fairly challenging enough to get all those done.

Then you get to the BEAST that is co-op 1f605.png The number of levels and missions stays the same. But biggest difference here is that they add a different type of mission in co-op called "Nobody Dies" and it's just like it sounds. You and your partner have to get through the level unscathed!! This takes a shit ton of patience and just working together to figure out who does what. They do also modify a few of the levels to make them different and more challenging. 

Oh yes, and @HuntingFever is exactly right... Some of the mechanics on the levels tend to glitch out, so it comes down to RNGeezus whether you're able to get through certain sections. Which is fine when it's the beginning of the level. But when you have to get 75% of the way through a difficult 8 minute level, it gets annoying getting screwed over like that repeatedly! 

I ended up soloing all but about 30 or so levels by myself, but it was stupid hard and this is where having a solid co-op partner can save you some time and aggravation. Best of luck if you decide to go for it!

sweet thank you for the information, really good breakdown, ill have a think about it

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:27 PM, cbh114 said:

sweet thank you for the information, really good breakdown, ill have a think about it

Sure thing, you can do it with lots of practice!!

One key thing I forgot to touch on is that the game is local co-op only. So either you need an IRL friend, or else the only other option is shareplay.

The reason this sucks is because the lag from shareplay makes it extremely challenging for whomever player 2 is! At least my co-op partner and I were about 6k kilometers apart, and at times it was so bad that it made the high precision parts a bitch. This also means only the host earns trophies, meaning you may have to do it all twice if your partner wants it done too.

Long story short, hopefully you've gotta friend close by, but if not just make sure you find a solid co-op partner! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Sure thing, you can do it with lots of practice!!

One key thing I forgot to touch on is that the game is local co-op only. So either you need an IRL friend, or else the only other option is shareplay.

The reason this sucks is because the lag from shareplay makes it extremely challenging for whomever player 2 is! At least my co-op partner and I were about 6k kilometers apart, and at times it was so bad that it made the high precision parts a bitch. This also means only the host earns trophies, meaning you may have to do it all twice if your partner wants it done too.

Long story short, hopefully you've gotta friend close by, but if not just make sure you find a solid co-op partner! 

yeah my mate lives like 10 mins away from me lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...