Krafton Save overwriting PS Plus cloud save

bikeman223

I was attempting a Contagion mode playthrough and was backing up my chapter saves on PSPlus cloud at regular intervals. However, I've noticed some discrepancies with the timestamps and it has me concerned that my no death progress is being overwritten. Apparently the game uses some sort of proprietary cloud save via Krafton, I'm unclear on the specifics as the process isn't very transparent. What I'm concerned about is the ps plus cloud save being overwritten by the Krafton save upon logging in. Does anyone have any examples from their playthroughs that can let me know if my Contagion mode playthrough is void? I made it to Chapter 5 and I'm not enthused by the though of trying to no-death the game again up to that point. 

Edited by bikeman223

8 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

I’m currently on the last chapter , double checking all times my save , will report back later on if it popped

I managed to earn the two trophies on my second attempt with the play offline method, back up between the chapters. How did it go for you?

• Like 1

I've found my first time stamp oddity playing a Contagion playthrough. I fear I'm going to have to play again.

I just got to Below fine, quit and backed up to PS Plus (on ps5). But when i went back into the game and went to load it up, the timestamp says 00.24? - whereas the cloud backup and the console saves actual times say 00.12? - Is odd since when i checked it wasn't even 00.24 in real time yet? - so not sure why its showing that time. very odd. will continue and see what happens anyway.

12 hours ago, muddybloke said:

But when i went back into the game and went to load it up, the timestamp says 00.24? - whereas the cloud backup and the console saves actual times say 00.12? - Is odd since when i checked it wasn't even 00.24 in real time yet? - so not sure why its showing that time. very odd. will continue and see what happens anyway.

It's very likely that the Krafton autosave is overwriting your cloud save but it sounds like things are getting strange if the clock is going forward. Have you been playing offline? Replaying is a real pain but you might be better off doing that otherwise you're looking at a whole extra playthrough.

4 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

It's very likely that the Krafton autosave is overwriting your cloud save but it sounds like things are getting strange if the clock is going forward. Have you been playing offline? Replaying is a real pain but you might be better off doing that otherwise you're looking at a whole extra playthrough.

I haven't been playing offline - just turned off cloud sync for this game. Has been fine so far up until this point with times. I'll check the timestamp after this next chapter. I've only got 3 chapters to go, so might as well carry on I guess, plus i hadn't died since saving last, so again it might still be ok. Worse case I will play contagion again on NG+, so will be bit easier having upgraded the basics.

Also, have people been quitting to the main menu from the game before closing the game? - Or just closing the game. Not sure if makes any difference.

Edited by muddybloke
extra information

ok turns out I was over tired and the time stamp was totally fine lol.

I loaded up again and the time stamp actually looked like this... 00:12:24 - which i mistook for 12.24am - where in fact it still is 12:12am - didnt realise it showed seconds as well. doh!

I managed to complete the contagion run too and got both trophies in just the 1 run.

For reference, my steps for contagion mode on PS5 were:

- turn off the auto-sync for this game only.

- simple played until i completed a section

- walked a little bit into the level to make sure

- quit to main menu

- then quit the game

- uploaded my save to the cloud

- booted up the game again

- went to load game section and checked time stamp was ok

If i failed.

- I quit the game

- downloaded the save from the cloud

- booted up the game again

- went to load game section and checked time stamp was ok

- tried again

I didn't play offline totally and got both trophies during the end credits. Phew.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muddybloke said:

ok turns out I was over tired and the time stamp was totally fine lol.

I loaded up again and the time stamp actually looked like this... 00:12:24 - which i mistook for 12.24am - where in fact it still is 12:12am - didnt realise it showed seconds as well. doh!

Ok that makes more sense. To be honest I forgot NG+ was available in Contagion Mode, but I was only at the start of the Lost Chapter before I realised my mistake so I didn't really think it was worth continuing. 

Edited by bikeman223

9 minutes ago, Mado0o_007 said:

I just have a question guys if use the ps plus backup saves I don’t have to worry about the Krafton cloud saves I’m really confused 

Exactly, but you must play Offline while in game.

Because if not, although Krafton wont overwrite the Save within the Plus Cloud itself, it will overwrite the save on the system once you get into the game if the Krafton Save has a newer date and time on it.

Does that make sense, doesnt overwrite the Plus Cloud itself, but Krafton Saves will overwrite older saves on the system. And obviously, when a Plus Cloud Save is downloaded, it turns into a System Save of course.

So as long as you play offline, when you go back into the game after downloading the Plus Cloud Save, the system save wont be touched

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Exactly, but you must play Offline while in game.

Because if not, although Krafton wont overwrite the Save within the Plus Cloud itself, it will overwrite the save on the system once you get into the game if the Krafton Save has a newer date and time on it.

Does that make sense, doesnt overwrite the Plus Cloud itself, but Krafton Saves will overwrite older saves on the system. And obviously, when a Plus Cloud Save is downloaded, it turns into a System Save of course.

So as long as you play offline, when you go back into the game after downloading the Plus Cloud Save, the system save wont be touched

Opti My man the best as always Thank you 

Edited by Mado0o_007
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 0:30 PM, muddybloke said:

I haven't been playing offline - just turned off cloud sync for this game. Has been fine so far up until this point with times. I'll check the timestamp after this next chapter. I've only got 3 chapters to go, so might as well carry on I guess, plus i hadn't died since saving last, so again it might still be ok. Worse case I will play contagion again on NG+, so will be bit easier having upgraded the basics.

Also, have people been quitting to the main menu from the game before closing the game? - Or just closing the game. Not sure if makes any difference.

ive been having issues lately where playstation is auto uploading saves from some of my games to the cloud when i have it turned off and never ask it to. do you know what the deal is? ill go to upload a backup save for the first time and itll already say i have a save in the cloud. its annoying. this started a few months ago actually

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

ive been having issues lately where playstation is auto uploading saves from some of my games to the cloud when i have it turned off and never ask it to. do you know what the deal is? ill go to upload a backup save for the first time and itll already say i have a save in the cloud. its annoying. this started a few months ago actually

That is your Auto-Upload settings isnt it, you need to disable it 

32 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

it is disabled, ive never had it enabled ever, and ive double checked it. have no clue why its doing it but its acting like its on. but it seems to do it randomly for random games

Are you sure you dont have it turned off in the system settings, but actually enable for certain games within their own app settings.

Cant recall exactly, but think you can disable it in system settings, but also enable it for select games

51 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Are you sure you dont have it turned off in the system settings, but actually enable for certain games within their own app settings.

Cant recall exactly, but think you can disable it in system settings, but also enable it for select games

i just checked again and it was on, thats strange