PS5 beta rolls out today with new accessibility and audio options, social features, and UI enhancements

HusKy

On 7/31/2023 at 7:50 AM, MushuMixLipa said:

The PS5 beep sound is a good one, now my partner won't kill me when I say I won't be long to bed.. 

in my opinion the ps3 beeps the loudest

i can literally wake the dead turning it on after hours

i barely even notice the ps5’s beep in comparison

but theyre also in 2 different rooms with 2 different set ups

14 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I was going to ask someone this question. So does the game and content have to support Dolby Atmos for you to get it? Or is it something that the PS5 itself is pushing with everything like on a system level? 

You said the Dolby Atmos seems to be with every game, how do you know that? How can you tell?

Do you mean Dolby Atmos symbol came up on your TV or the game?

I think the PS5 is forcing Dolby Atmos onto everything. The symbol comes up on my TV when I load the PS5, then if I start up a game that's in SDR (I have HDR set to "on when supported), the Dolby Atmos symbol comes up again. The symbol doesn't need to come up with an HDR game because it's already enabled on the PS5 menu.

I can also tell the difference with the sound being clearer, and obviously with the directional sound. Considering it's forcing it, it's rather good.

14 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I was going to ask someone this question. So does the game and content have to support Dolby Atmos for you to get it? Or is it something that the PS5 itself is pushing with everything like on a system level? 

You said the Dolby Atmos seems to be with every game, how do you know that? How can you tell?

Do you mean Dolby Atmos symbol came up on your TV or the game?

I think the PS5 is forcing Dolby Atmos onto everything. The symbol comes up on my TV when I load the PS5, then if I start up a game that's in SDR (I have HDR set to "on when supported), the Dolby Atmos symbol comes up again. The symbol doesn't need to come up with an HDR game because it's already enabled on the PS5 menu.

I can also tell the difference with the sound being clearer, and obviously with the directional sound. Considering it's forcing it, it's rather good.

Edit: Not sure why this posted twice.

Edited by Jacko_the_lad

7 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Edit: Not sure why this posted twice.

Not sure why sorry.