Can't connect to ANY server

trophynerd122

Hi there,

As the title suggests... I cannot connect to any server, regardless of the region.

Did anyone else have issues like that?

I messaged 4 of the recent players / plat achievers and all of them had issues, however only 1 other person is in the same state as I'm in.

What I tried:

- Switching regions

- Logging into a different console

- Switching my connection from Wi-Fi to Wired Lan

- Reset online "progress"

- Delete my save file

Fun fact: I created a server with my main account and was able to join the server with my alt, but not with my main, despite using the same connection lol. Any help is appreciated!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 2:35 AM, Jasko_SOA said:

Hi there,

As the title suggests... I cannot connect to any server, regardless of the region.

Did anyone else have issues like that?

I messaged 4 of the recent players / plat achievers and all of them had issues, however only 1 other person is in the same state as I'm in.

What I tried:

- Switching regions

- Logging into a different console

- Switching my connection from Wi-Fi to Wired Lan

- Reset online "progress"

- Delete my save file

Fun fact: I created a server with my main account and was able to join the server with my alt, but not with my main, despite using the same connection lol. Any help is appreciated!

Same with me. I can't join my maps nor other people servers, but my alts account can...

I'll wait for someone give some solution to this because at this point feel the platinum is unobtainable for those who can't join servers at all.

7 minutes ago, AlbirdVampPrince said:

Same with me. I can't join my maps nor other people servers, but my alts account can...

I'll wait for someone give some solution to this because at this point feel the platinum is unobtainable for those who can't join servers at all.

I have contacted the "support" twice and they gave me some incredible suggestions like "are you sure that you have a ps plus subscription?" Or "have you tried switching the server?"

even though I told them in the first mail that I have tried it already lol.

maybe there is someone around that is a real pro when it comes to router settings. There has to be a way let's say there is a server on the PC with IP Adress xy and then you make some adjustments with regard to port forwarding to make sure to connect to that server or so? Unfortunately I have no clue regarding IT.

also it just doesn't make sense to me: Why would our alts be able to join and not the mains despite the same connection?

Try enabling NAT (Network Address Translation) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) in your router settings.

Or... try using another internet connection, e.g. set up your smartphone as a wifi hotspot and connect your PS4/PS5 to it.

Nonetheless, since you've messaged other players regarding your issues and they said they also had issues, the issues could be the servers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried either creating a static IP Address or adding your PS4 to your router's DMZ.

I haven't tried the static IP adress, I tried adding the PS4 to the DMZ.

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Try enabling NAT (Network Address Translation) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) in your router settings.

Or... try using another internet connection, e.g. set up your smartphone as a wifi hotspot and connect your PS4/PS5 to it.

Nonetheless, since you've messaged other players regarding your issues and they said they also had issues, the issues could be the servers.

I tried the smartphone hotspot thing, I tried it on 4 different consoles and I tried it at a friend's house - without success.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Update: Since I cannot edit the initial post, I will post the newly added attempts of making this work (unfortunately without success...):

- Changed my PSN ID to something similar what my alt acc. is named (my alt can join servers without an issue) --> no success.

- Instead of downloading the game, I clicked on "Stream" --> This reduced the PING to 1 for the Frankfurt Germany Server --> no success.

- Tried on another friend´s console, which makes it 3 different households in total --> no success.

Does anyone have a logical explanation to this ? :( 

Unfortunately, I am not the only one... 

@Babble90 @AlbirdVampPrince @Master_Mayhem_

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, the online servers suck for most people as all I kept getting was an error message saying "Connection timed out".

But if you need the "Paragon" and "Villain" trophy, I've found a way to do it offline in split screen.

I will leave a link to the page I wrote on it.

Have a good day trophy hunting :) .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkie-toffee29 said:

Hey, the online servers suck for most people as all I kept getting was an error message saying "Connection timed out".

But if you need the "Paragon" and "Villain" trophy, I've found a way to do it offline in split screen.

I will leave a link to the page I wrote on it.

Have a good day trophy hunting :) .

You sir are the MVP without a doubt. Thank you very much for sharing this method. Just earned my plat thanks to you❤️

• Like 3