PlayLink methods no longer supported + PlayLink apps are delisted.

WorldsBestSpy

In trying to get the last trophy for myself in UNO I thought id try the PlayLink method as it is mentioned on the guides and forums as a way to get the trophies, however. There are two issues.

1. The app is delisted. I was able to download it as I had it previously but new devices that I have cant get it and are now gone from searches in Google Play (do not have iPhone but a quick Google search confirms same fate.) Which wouldn't be bad.. however.

2. The app is broken and it seems Ubisoft has no plans of fixing it. You can't get past theme picker on UNO PlayLink anymore due to the actual game being updated after 2018 which was the last time the PlayLink app got any update, and due to the amount of menu changes, Ubisoft Club becoming Ubisoft Connect, and DLC for UNO, it has become non operational. Its no longer properly synced up game to app, as playing a game now in UNO, it goes to rules first rather than theme picker. And to put any qualms to rest, here's Ubisoft Support tweet supporting this.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1664605819856453632?s=20

Edited by WorldsBestSpy
Typo

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Forgot all about PlayLink. We got two games through PS+ and then that was it never saw it mentioned again.

PlayLink was an interesting concept but like so many other gimmicks and high profile concepts Sony has come up with over the years, they released it to much fanfare then did absolutely nothing with it and left it rot on the vine after it inevitably flopped due to lack of support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Are any trophies unobtainable now the App no longer works?

No trophies are unobtainable I should add. I just got the last few trophies myself with just another console; however it was always reported PlayLink made the trophies trivial but now thats no longer an option.