Best XP Method AFK & Active

I found a easy method to get the most XP every match with the cook.

AFK Method : you can always reattach and remove the lock for 50 XP every time without doing much. Only press triangle every 5 seconds. You need to move sometimes to not get kicked out of the game. 7650 XP End Score

Active Method : First you need your searching ability on level 3 for more XP. On your skill tree, level only the left side (reduced skill consumption) level 1-3.

Start a match and use up your 3 locks. Now the fast XP method begins. use your search ability. once you've tracked down a victim, stay on them for as long as possible. you will see your points increase and increase.

when your ability runs out wait for it to recharge and repeat the process as many times as you can. 

let a victim escape from the basement exit and then scan them for infinite xp.

AFK Method : 5000 XP+ (depends on the length of the game)

Active Method: 4000 XP+ (depends on the length of the game)

Edited by PoundofLife89-_-
  • Like 4

Couldn’t the player doing what you suggested be reported for both active and passive farming if you were playing solo?

7 hours ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

AFK Method : you can always reattach and remove the lock for 50 XP every time without doing much. Only press triangle every 5 seconds. You need to move sometimes to not get kicked out of the game. 7650 XP End Score

Active Method : First you need your searching ability on level 3 for more XP. On your skill tree, level only the left side (reduced skill consumption) level 1-3.

Start a match and use up your 3 locks. Now the fast XP method begins. use your search ability. once you've tracked down a victim, stay on them for as long as possible. you will see your points increase and increase.

when your ability runs out wait for it to recharge and repeat the process as many times as you can. 

3 hours ago, HelloZepp9 said:

Couldn’t the player doing what you suggested be reported for both active and passive farming if you were playing solo?

No. Why? You don't cheat like all the level 99 players.

Why going for kills for such a low amount of XP and so many disconnect from players 

Edited by PoundofLife89-_-

2 hours ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

No. Why? You don't cheat like all the level 99 players.

Why going for kills for such a low amount of XP and so many disconnect from players 

You're gonna ruin player's games by doing AFK method but that's ok because some players cheat their level 99 and sometimes (rarely in my experience) people dc from games. 

:hmm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chlorhydric said:

You're gonna ruin player's games by doing AFK method but that's ok because some players cheat their level 99 and sometimes (rarely in my experience) people dc from games. 

:hmm:

No i always do the most kills at the end by camping a exit. Devs ruin the game for giving you the possibility to boost infinite experience

On 8/21/2023 at 11:03 PM, PoundofLife89-_- said:

With which character is this? Im playing hitchhiker. I have 3 traps

15 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Is farming against the rules in TCS? Because in DBD it isn't.

It is in dead by daylight I asked the support team and got a response. If everyone agrees it’s fine but otherwise it’s not. Still have not heard back from support at texas chainsaw massacre. 

Edited by HelloZepp9

3 hours ago, HelloZepp9 said:

It is in dead by daylight I asked the support team and got a response. If everyone agrees it’s fine but otherwise it’s not. Still have not heard back from support at texas chainsaw massacre. 

I'd love to see a screenshot of that. Because in my 5 years of playing DBD I've never once seen anyone from BHVR say farming is against the rules/bannable/a reportable offense

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'd love to see a screenshot of that. Because in my 5 years of playing DBD I've never once seen anyone from BHVR say farming is against the rules/bannable/a reportable offense

I had to make a imgur account but I think this link should work. This was a conversation in 2019 I had with the support at dead by daylight 

https://imgur.com/a/AbqkfTE

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, JacksBestMate said:

maybe just play the game and dont ruin it for others? xp is pretty easy  

I pretty much go with this, but tbh the xp system in this game is absolute trash that`s why many try to find a workaround to at least get a decent amount of xp at the end of the match. I usually played the cook and tried to be very helpful for the team for example by tagging victims for others, collecting a LOT of blood and used perks where my mates also benefit from, but given the fact that team play rewards you with nothing but shit in this game it`s very unfair. They should rethink their whole xp reward system imo, for example grant players, kind of assist points for their actions. From XP perspective it makes zero sense to be a team player and that`s a bid sad in a game, where it`s all about working together. It`s very unsatisfiing to play for 15 minutes and only get a few xp. 

I mean sure, you can sweat on kills like shit and use a more powerful character but in the end it makes me think why they added supporter classes such as the cook or sissy if it`s way harder to get your kills than with Johnny or Leather. 

Don`t get me wrong, it`s not whining, and i really like the game but i think the whole game and the player base would benefit from a more team based xp system in the end because players don`t search any idle methods. 

Right now i changed my cook built from a team based built to a more savage one, while my tags can`t be seen by my teammates, this makes me tag them VERY fast ( skill tree, middle, middle, left ) and i can spam the abilty which grants me a LOT of xp while i can try to get the kills for myself. This method lets me end a match with around 3000 xp per match without the boring lock method,. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not many people did actually use the Cook method dont worry, as yea it would just wreck everyone elses game having to do it public so it caused more hassle than it was worth. It's really not that bad to get to level 50, most XP comes from if you play as Leatherface or Cook for constant spots or destroying obstacles (and kills ofc if poss), or as a bully survivor -Leland or Ana- (doing lots of sneak stabs to killers and 1 stab to grandpa), or Connie just unlocking tons of doors. It's why it wont be a ultra rare or very rare plat, I think the XP gain is fine and fair at this point/patch. 

I very often see people playing as Johnny and ending the game with 250 xp and I think why? Why waste your time like that lol. Poor old Johnny. Pretty useless guy 😆

So yea maybe that's it, maybe youre just unknowingly using a kinda useless (for XP) character. Use one of the 5 characters I've mentioned above and you'll get the plat in no time 👍

Edited by esstee11
  • Haha 1

I tried the cook XP exploit for one match, it was so boring. After, I did it all with a heavily active Leather face, so much fun and XP comes fast, around 3500 per match if you break everything, get the blood of victims, kill victims, and feed Grandpa.  Breaking all the stuff alone will get you around 2000 XP, this also promotes team wins.   

A family house is an Xp machine for breaking stuff, destroying the basement, destroying the house top to bottom, doors, barriers, and crawl holes.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 7:48 PM, chiloutchilo3000 said:

I tried the cook XP exploit for one match, it was so boring. After, I did it all with a heavily active Leather face, so much fun and XP comes fast, around 3500 per match if you break everything, get the blood of victims, kill victims, and feed Grandpa.  Breaking all the stuff alone will get you around 2000 XP, this also promotes team wins.   

A family house is an Xp machine for breaking stuff, destroying the basement, destroying the house top to bottom, doors, barriers, and crawl holes.  

cook exploit was fixed with trophy when you need to equip 3 perks on lv3 

I did from 30 lv to 50 with cook,now with cook you should stack his ear ability on 1 survivor,there is no other options I think