What's your opinion of the game so far?

Lucibur

I'm 50/50 with the game because the story is interesting but the voice acting is hard to believe with some of the characters. I forgot how it feels having to wait a few weeks at a time for the new episode to drop as well.

I was going to see about playing the PS4 version a little later down the line once all 5 episodes are available. I do enjoy TellTale games. I've noticed that this one and Tales From The Borderlands has more to do for the platinum instead of just beating the episodes.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zipp Storm said:

I want to play this game but I'd love a physical copy someday. I missed Telltale's games. I want to play it but I have way too many games to focus on for now. 

Maybe they'll release a physical copy one day and I get that, at one point I was waiting for all 5 episodes to be available to play so I could do it in one go but I keep playing the latest episode when it's out. And it's two weeks today that anyone will get to platinum the game anyway, so you still have time yet to wait for all episodes to be available. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not the best Telltale game by a mile but a good foundation, not nearly as buggy as the later walking dead games. I dont mind it being a bit shorter since they kept me engaged. Happy with the transition to unreal and the assist of deck nine, all in all I feel like this prooved to me im not a fool for being excited for more wolf among us.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LOL_Jokke97 said:

Not the best Telltale game by a mile but a good foundation, not nearly as buggy as the later walking dead games. I dont mind it being a bit shorter since they kept me engaged. Happy with the transition to unreal and the assist of deck nine, all in all I feel like this prooved to me im not a fool for being excited for more wolf among us.

I agree with it not being the best but it was fun nonetheless. And same, I can't wait for the second Wolf Among Us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Story was ok, nothing that really stood out- but they nailed the feeling of the universe of The Expanse. 

As a fan of narrative games and The Expanse I enjoyed this a lot. But I will say, if you weren't a fan of the show I couldn't imagine you getting all that much out of this but idk. It's niche to an extreme degree that delights someone like me but I doubt will do the same for your average joe. 

Also kinda wild (and awesome) we got both a Star Trek (TNG era) and The Expanse telltale/narrative game in the same year. Please, keep making these games that are just for me haha

• 1 month later...

I found this game to be average. I usually enjoy these Telltale experiences quite a bit but the choices in this game felt hollow. I do commend that the developers tried to put a little bit more "game" in this one.

For context I have never watched the Expanse so perhaps I would have enjoyed this more if I did. It does feel like the license held them back from allowing us to make much crazier choices in the story.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 7:44 PM, knicksrulez220 said:

I found this game to be average. I usually enjoy these Telltale experiences quite a bit but the choices in this game felt hollow. I do commend that the developers tried to put a little bit more "game" in this one.

For context I have never watched the Expanse so perhaps I would have enjoyed this more if I did. It does feel like the license held them back from allowing us to make much crazier choices in the story.

I haven't watched the show either, I'm curious to see what it's like after playing the game twice.

• 2 months later...

Damn that is a piece of a shite of a game. I loved old telltale games but this.....

Only "politically correct agenda", no plot, no good characters. All male characters are clowns and all females are tough as nails. I didn't think game developer may fell so low after so many years of good games

Edited by vanslayder

• 3 weeks later...

I've just platinumed this game, yet to play DLC.

This is a very different type of story/control to the old Telltale games. 

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. The protagonist and some of the supporting characters, have quite "strange" accents, but I don't know if I am missing something, as I have never seen the TV series. Camina Drummer looks like a Thunderbird also.

• Like 1