Trials Fusion General Discussion

Parker

Cheers @B1ngBangBOsh 🙂

Yea the servers being down is a def hindrance at the moment, I like watching the leaderboard replays to see their exact inputs for the obstacles I've not mastered, they are a huge help when available, like this DLC extreme Way of the Machine I think its called, I'll have to leave it for now til I can watch replays.

Grabbed another like 20 trophies from DLC today though so back to having fun 😁

Edited by esstee11

9 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Cheers @B1ngBangBOsh 🙂

Yea the servers being down is a def hindrance at the moment, I like watching the leaderboard replays to see their exact inputs for the obstacles I've not mastered, they are a huge help when available, like this DLC extreme Way of the Machine I think its called, I'll have to leave it for now til I can watch replays.

Grabbed another like 20 trophies from DLC today though so back to having fun 😁

If you’ve got any mates who have times on tracks I’d say that would be a lot more beneficial. Those lads at the top like Wizolo, Super Hyper, Vegemite, Mk9 and that have all spent thousands of hours perfecting their bike control, at the cost of several L3 buttons. They are miles ahead of the majority of 100% achievers for the game. Most of us haven’t even gotten that good really. Even myself I’m still a bit shit, but the game luckily doesn’t require you to be that precise. You could add me since outside of a bunch of the base game tracks I hunted a little bit when I was a straight noob, all my DLC stuff (up to the ones I did when servers were down) are just your generic first time runs, and would be a lot easier to reproduce than trying to copy Wizolo for example. Even if the way I did them ain’t the best way to tackle that particular obstacle.

I’d give Way of the Machine a blind attempt though, best thing you can learn in this game is basically how to tackle obstacles especially on extreme tracks. Can think of it as a practice run. Just expect it to take you a couple hundred faults, think it did for me when I tackled it blind for the first time playing it in MP with Wiz for fun straight after I did Inferno 4. Probably got like 300 faults on that first attempt. Then when I came back to it and did another run for DLC cleanup I got like 150 faults and around 11 minutes total, which is eh for me. But all you need to do is pass it.

Edited by B1ngBangBOsh
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

If you’ve got any mates who have times on tracks I’d say that would be a lot more beneficial. Those lads at the top like Wizolo, Super Hyper, Vegemite, Mk9 and that have all spent thousands of hours perfecting their bike control, at the cost of several L3 buttons. They are miles ahead of the majority of 100% achievers for the game. Most of us haven’t even gotten that good really. Even myself I’m still a bit shit, but the game luckily doesn’t require you to be that precise. You could add me since outside of a bunch of the base game tracks I hunted a little bit when I was a straight noob, all my DLC stuff (up to the ones I did when servers were down) are just your generic first time runs, and would be a lot easier to reproduce than trying to copy Wizolo for example. Even if the way I did them ain’t the best way to tackle that particular obstacle.

I’d give Way of the Machine a blind attempt though, best thing you can learn in this game is basically how to tackle obstacles especially on extreme tracks. Can think of it as a practice run. Just expect it to take you a couple hundred faults, think it did for me when I tackled it blind for the first time playing it in MP with Wiz for fun straight after I did Inferno 4. Probably got like 300 faults on that first attempt. Then when I came back to it and did another run for DLC cleanup I got like 150 faults and around 11 minutes total, which is eh for me. But all you need to do is pass it.

Oh yea i meant i only look at my mates completed replays on leaderboard, those other guys at the actual top of the leaderboards are mad ninjas i could no way replicate lol.

I've just had two 500 maxed out fault attempts/fails on Way of the Machine, 'that jump' is driving me a bit mad. I get over the lip then screw up the throttle control to get up n over the second part, which seems like such a dumb rookie error. I watched the university of trials detailed tutorial video of that section but again, i don't deem it very useful i just don't like that FatShady's videos. he doesn't even show the button inputs on screen for me to see exactly what he is actually doing which i would consider more useful. Oh well.

EDIT: Next try cracked it lol that jump is fine now 😂 (found a youtube video showing button inputs) completed the track now and got the DLC gold trophy Lobster And Caviar 👍

I've been able to just bully my way through a lot of the trophies and challenges so far, my general riding skills are decent but i know my precision control still needs a lot more work.

Edited by esstee11

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Oh yea i meant i only look at my mates completed replays on leaderboard, those other guys at the actual top of the leaderboards are mad ninjas i could no way replicate lol.

I've just had two 500 maxed out fault attempts/fails on Way of the Machine, 'that jump' is driving me a bit mad. I get over the lip then screw up the throttle control to get up n over the second part, which seems like such a dumb rookie error. I watched the university of trials detailed tutorial video of that section but again, i don't deem it very useful i just don't like that FatShady's videos. he doesn't even show the button inputs on screen for me to see exactly what he is actually doing which i would consider more useful. Oh well.

EDIT: Next try cracked it lol that jump is fine now 😂 (found a youtube video showing button inputs) completed the track now and got the DLC gold trophy Lobster And Caviar 👍

I've been able to just bully my way through a lot of the trophies and challenges so far, my general riding skills are decent but i know my precision control still needs a lot more work.

Aye you’ll be golden now. Can agree with you on FatShady’s vids, even Maka91’s vids are definitely not his own clips because that ♥ doesn’t explain half the stuff properly. Just keep throwing yourself at it and once your brain is able to figure out generally how to tackle stuff without some guidance, you’ll start to find a lot of it easier. 

• Like 1

134 hours played, 45/51 trophies earned, 87% trophy completion, in-game rider level 100; I feel ready, prepared, and confident, to tackle and beat inferno next now (havent tried it in a few weeks) that is my goal next session and I'm excited 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, esstee11 said:

134 hours played, 45/51 trophies earned, 87% trophy completion, in-game rider level 100; I feel ready, prepared, and confident, to tackle and beat inferno next now (havent tried it in a few weeks) that is my goal next session and I'm excited 🙂

You did Way of the Machine mate you can beat Inferno 4. Invisible challenge you might find a pain in the arse though, they add a drop to the start so half of your muscle memory for setting up that first jump is just useless. But if you get past that, you can finish it invisible as well. You’ll be down to Top Roach and Pipe Phobia by Friday.

• Like 1

@B1ngBangBOsh Oh my God..  so tonight I played inferno for the first time in a long while, like I said I was gonna... and dare I say... it felt easy! 😂 

Proof of the learning curve and putting few extra hours in. My first trials game ever so learning everything from scratch.

So i turn the level on, at 200 faults and 15 mins I see the finish line I'm like omg how did I get here already! Then the excitement or whatever i completely choke the last pretty simple jump continually and my time runs out 😂 fml. Lol.

Play the level again, get to same final jump and this time do it in 10 seconds on 2nd fault lol (2nd fault of obstacle I mean, not whole run). Trophy yay 🎉

This game is a trip I freakin love it 😁

EDIT: I also quite quickly got 2 of the challenges done in Inferno IV level, Crank up the Heat & Disrespecting the Teacher.

Also nabbed the challenge in Eye of the Storm tonight that was previously giving me grief. 

So that is 117/120 challenges done! Only 3 to go for that sweet 0.13% trophy! What's left is:

Pipe Phobia (zero fault run without front wheel touching any pipes) - Level: Shear Pressure.

Top Roach (zero fault track with Roach) - Level: Rock of Rages.

Be One With the Bike (complete track with invisible bike) - Level: Inferno IV. 

...3 evil ones... But anyway, so close!!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, esstee11 said:

@B1ngBangBOsh Oh my God..  so tonight I played inferno for the first time in a long while, like I said I was gonna... and dare I say... it felt easy! 😂 

Proof of the learning curve and putting few extra hours in. My first trials game ever so learning everything from scratch.

So i turn the level on, at 200 faults and 15 mins I see the finish line I'm like omg how did I get here already! Then the excitement or whatever i completely choke the last pretty simple jump continually and my time runs out 😂 fml. Lol.

Play the level again, get to same final jump and this time do it in 10 seconds on 2nd fault lol (2nd fault of obstacle I mean, not whole run). Trophy yay 🎉

This game is a trip I freakin love it 😁

EDIT: I also quite quickly got 2 of the challenges done in Inferno IV level, Crank up the Heat & Disrespecting the Teacher.

Also nabbed the challenge in Eye of the Storm tonight that was previously giving me grief. 

So that is 117/120 challenges done! Only 3 to go for that sweet 0.13% trophy! What's left is:

Pipe Phobia (zero fault run without front wheel touching any pipes) - Level: Shear Pressure.

Top Roach (zero fault track with Roach) - Level: Rock of Rages.

Be One With the Bike (complete track with invisible bike) - Level: Inferno IV. 

...3 evil ones... But anyway, so close!!

That’s how it works 😂. Do another run or two of Inferno 4 before you do invisible, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to finish it once you get past the first jump just from muscle memory. You already know what to do for the other two. I’d easily see you getting invisible tomorrow if you spend long enough playing. Pipe Phobia by the weekend. Then Top Roach who knows without the practice track for those 3 jumps. 

Had a go on 'be one with the bike'... yea couldnt make first jump yet lol... gonna need more practice!

Gonna take a couple days break, play some of my horror games to unwind before I'm ready and composed to attempt the final harsh hurdles!

EDIT: Still making zero progress with these last 3 challenges. Getting frustrating. Gonna hold off till servers are back so I can use practice tracks or watch replays.

Edited by esstee11

• 4 weeks later...

On 2/21/2024 at 9:20 PM, esstee11 said:

Had a go on 'be one with the bike'... yea couldnt make first jump yet lol... gonna need more practice!

Gonna take a couple days break, play some of my horror games to unwind before I'm ready and composed to attempt the final harsh hurdles!

EDIT: Still making zero progress with these last 3 challenges. Getting frustrating. Gonna hold off till servers are back so I can use practice tracks or watch replays.

For me "one with the bike" was harder than "pipe phobia", so you could also focus on that. (ps: use the roach). Grow your skill a little bit and return with renewed confidence because you are a more successful rider. If You've gotten this far, you're capable enough.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally done with the last three challenges. What a blast. 

Now that i've done both Trials and both Trackmania, i feel a little bit empty. 

It's incredible how rewarding and fun those games are. 

If i had to give one suggestion to tackle the most difficult challenges... just play Trials Rising.

Instead of brute forcing myself playing those challenges over and over, i just played some TR community map, especially extreme and ninja tracks (trials fusion online might be dead forever... sad). Believe it or not, you do improve a lot even if it's not exactly the same gameplay, etc. 

Then went back to Fusion. Got the inferno invisible one on my third attempt where i passed checkpoint 1. I feel like my recent trials rising play helped quite a lot with some checkpoints, like the last one. But nothing can really prepare you for the first one or the insane combo checkpoint 6 and 7.

Pipe Phobia. Use roach, its all about the third section. I feel like to be consistent you have to take it slow, instead of jumping as far as you can and then trying to get lucky full speed. 

I would suggest this type of approach on sector 3. 

Top roach. I got to admit i was practicing pretty casually (20+ faults, no pressure) when i got the godlike run. At the end of the day most difficult parts are just fapping techniques you see everywhere on extreme or ninja tracks. 

• Like 1