Trials Fusion General Discussion

Parker

55 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I just looked up the Fastest Achievers for this game and there are people who did this in under a week!

Insanity, they're probably good enough to platinum Super Meat Boy in two to four days.

The world record (can be watched on speedrun.com) for base game all challenges is 1h49m :D, for base game + dlcs 7h59m (this one cannot be watched). I absolutely love this game (even though I am not very good at it) because it has no progression cap - some of the best players are still streaming the game and they still keep pushing the boundary of what's possible. You have to be really good to 100% the game, but even then your skills may be at 1-2 at best (on a 10-point scale) compared to the top tier players. But those people have thousands of hours in this game (and very often played Trials Evolution or Trials HD before), so it is somewhat understandable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

The world record (can be watched on speedrun.com) for base game all challenges is 1h49m :D, for base game + dlcs 7h59m (this one cannot be watched). I absolutely love this game (even though I am not very good at it) because it has no progression cap - some of the best players are still streaming the game and they still keep pushing the boundary of what's possible. You have to be really good to 100% the game, but even then your skills may be at 1-2 at best (on a 10-point scale) compared to the top tier players. But those people have thousands of hours in this game (and very often played Trials Evolution or Trials HD before), so it is somewhat understandable.

One of the best Super Meat Boy players can do everything in under 10 hours. It took me two and a half years to get the platinum in it. I reckon that guy could get the platinum in six to eight hours tops.

Just goes to show you... there will ALWAYS be someone better. There are millions of golfers who play and love the sport of Golf, but less than 0.1 percent of them have the skill and dedication to compete with someone like Tiger Woods. It's like I can be a pretty good basketball player, but I'm some five year old kid learning for the first time while the top tier player is basically Michael Jordan running circles around me.

18 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

It is the same with Trackmania Turbo. I struggled to even get Gold Medals everywhere... Then watched Spammiej get all 200 Super Trackmaster Medals and just could not believe how insane his runs were. But again, he is a professional Trackmania player, and not unlike Trials, it's just a game with no skill ceiling.

A bit later, Riolu went to the European Speedruner Assembly and did all 200 Gold Medals in about 4 hours.... Just crazy.  ?

I'm really looking forward to getting to Trials Fusion, but I need to take a break from games with vehicles after doing WipEout ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

On 6-3-2020 at 4:20 PM, Arcesius said:

It is the same with Trackmania Turbo. I struggled to even get Gold Medals everywhere... Then watched Spammiej get all 200 Super Trackmaster Medals and just could not believe how insane his runs were. But again, he is a professional Trackmania player, and not unlike Trials, it's just a game with no skill ceiling.

A bit later, Riolu went to the European Speedruner Assembly and did all 200 Gold Medals in about 4 hours.... Just crazy.  1f602.png

I'm really looking forward to getting to Trials Fusion, but I need to take a break from games with vehicles after doing WipEout 1f605.png

Have you watched Riolu’s Clean Sweep video where he holds the 200 WR’s on TM? That is just insane. That guy is so good.

2 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Have you watched Riolu’s Clean Sweep video where he holds the 200 WR’s on TM? That is just insane. That guy is so good.

Hell yes I watched that... that's one accomplishment right there, and it's just fascinating to watch someone play that is just so much better. That guy is incredible for sure! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Hell yes I watched that... that's one accomplishment right there, and it's just fascinating to watch someone play that is just so much better. That guy is incredible for sure! 1f600.png

I’ve watched it a couple of times when going for 100%. I watched the ESA run too. And there I was, spending 10+ hours on a single track ?.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

I’ve watched it a couple of times when going for 100%. I watched the ESA run too. And there I was, spending 10+ hours on a single track 1f602.png.

I probably wouldn't be able to get all the trophies in the base game.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I probably wouldn't be able to get all the trophies in the base game.

Base game? You mean Trials Fusion? The video I mentioned was about Trackmania Turbo. 

Trials Fusion is really hard to master. But the nice thing about the game is that you will get better and things that seem impossible at first will get done eventually. I have no doubt that anybody that invests time into the game to actually learn the mechanics and get better can 100% this game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 0:08 AM, Deano1337 said:

I just wanted to respond to say that I got the Anger Management trophy using the custom track where you aren't on fire, so yes, this does work too.

Hi,

I wanted to thanks you guys for those 2 tips, I managed the tower this way and working my way into the circles of fire !

I'm wondering if you are aware of any other tracks who could make some more trophies a little bit easier ?

31 minutes ago, l-arsouille87 said:

Hi,

I wanted to thanks you guys for those 2 tips, I managed the tower this way and working my way into the circles of fire !

I'm wondering if you are aware of any other tracks who could make some more trophies a little bit easier ?

Nope, for all I know these are the only two cheese strategies. The Tower is really easy, though, and even if you screw up, which of course you will, it doesn't take long to get back to floor 5 or 6, where the harder challenge starts. Definitely Speedcuber needs to be done legit :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Alvurion said:

Can be legit to get all the trophies (with the DLCs) in just 1 day and 8 hours?

I checked one profile and I doubt about this being legit...

Well, the most challenging thing in this game are getting all 120 challenges done. The World Record for all 120 challenges is 1 hour 49 minutes real time. 

So yes, I think it is absolutely possible. Now, I haven't checked the profile you mention, but it is theoretically possible. Once you've mastered the game, it isn't that challenging anymore. You see that with all the people that struggled with Fusion and find Rising ezpz, or the other way around. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alvurion said:

Can be legit to get all the trophies (with the DLCs) in just 1 day and 8 hours?

I checked one profile and I doubt about this being legit...

Definitely possible for someone who has played this game to death on a different profile or a different platform. When it comes to the said profile, it does look strange but that doesn't amount to much, in all fairness.

• 5 months later...
On 6.02.2021 at 4:22 PM, Darksider said:

Has anyone tried to go for every DLC challenges ? I know there's no trophy for it, but I'm enjoying this game so I might give it a go. 

I've done quite a few of them, but just the other day I completed the Way of the Machine on the Roach - quite challenging because of a few obstacles, but ultimately very doable. The other track I completed on the Roach (also one of the challenges) was Meteorain, but that was a while ago and I think it was easier iirc. Also on Meteorain, make sure you back up and complete the secret level from Trials Evolution, I find it laughably easy now, but it wasn't so when I first played it.

Hey guys, is there a Guide for every single challenge you need for the "Is there anything you can't do?" trophy?

I havent played this game in a long time but am currently trying to finish of some started but never finished games. Since I managed to get the plat in Rising I think I could get the 100% here aswell at some point and with enough practice.

The only thing I struggle with is finding good guides for the challenges so I can tackle them one by one...

Any help would be really appreciated! ?

5 minutes ago, tirol_terminator said:

Hey guys, is there a Guide for every single challenge you need for the "Is there anything you can't do?" trophy?

I havent played this game in a long time but am currently trying to finish of some started but never finished games. Since I managed to get the plat in Rising I think I could get the 100% here aswell at some point and with enough practice.

The only thing I struggle with is finding good guides for the challenges so I can tackle them one by one...

Any help would be really appreciated! 1f603.png

Most challenges don't require a guide, but there is one guide-supplement on this very site covering every single track-challenge: 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8356-trials-fusion-track-challenge-guide

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...