this is my order for Impossible Boy, any Recommendations?

Lina_Kfa

So I practiced impossible boy which is my last trophy needed for this platinum trophy, I practiced it two days ago, yesterday, and today as of writing, and I wanted to show you my Planned level order, what do you think?

19, 20, 15, 8, 9, 7, 1, 11, 13, 14, 6, 2, 10, 16, 17, 18, 5, 3, 12, 4

Out of all the levels I absolutely despise in this dark world, it has to be 7-15x

I use my Joystick on my PS4 controller on all levels except 7-2x in 7-2x I always use the directional buttons.

Edited by Lina_Kfa

30 minutes ago, Lina_Kfa said:

So I practiced impossible boy which is my last trophy needed for this platinum trophy, I practiced it two days ago, yesterday, and today as of writing, and I wanted to show you my Planned level order, what do you think?

19, 20, 15, 8, 9, 7, 1, 11, 13, 14, 6, 2, 10, 16, 17, 18, 5, 3, 12, 4

Out of all the levels, I hate in this dark world, it has to be 7-15x

I use my Joystick on my PS4 controller on all levels except 7-2x in 7-2x I always use the directional buttons.

I personally did 1-11, 13-14, 19-20, 12, 17-18, 15-16. I found that after I got used to the levels, I could enter a "flow state" more consistently. There's a lot of pausing and quitting in your planned run, and for me, I'd think it would get me out of that focused state. But if you're more comfortable going that way, by all means, do what works best for you. Good luck!

• Like 1

19, 20, 9, 1, 8, 6, 13, 16, 14, 15, 17, 18, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 11, 10, 7

I know this looks scuffed af, but it's based off the data I tracked during my practice runs, I essentially ordered the run based of the number of deaths I had in my total attempts. The outlier was 7. which used to be an early run ender until I found out how to do the cheese strat. It makes for a bit of an anticlimactic ending, but a trophy is a trophy! Best of luck to you friend.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly I tried the analog sticks for some levels, the one where you have to jump on streams created by fans to get to the other side (I can't remember the exact level), but in my last attempts and the successful one I ended up using the D-pad. 

My only advice is to start by the levels that you consider more difficult and leave the ones you feel more comfortable with for last.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

My mind is absolutely blown. 

I know someone who plat this. Now I'm curious.

Edit: ok, I asked my friend who has plat this and is really good at platformers in general. D-pad 100%.

I feel like you guys are making this harder on yourself by using the analog stick. It's just not accurate and fast enough. There's way too much travel between directions.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome

27 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Nice job getting the plat.  The order of how you do it is definitely preference on what you're comfortable with doing later so it's less pressure at the end.  I did 15-20,13-14,1-12 if I remember correctly.

I somehow got lucky with this unbelievable order, 2-20, 1.

27 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

That's pretty awesome you did it all in order basically.  How nerve racking were those last handful of levels on the run?

Probably only 19-20 because deaths are common there and 7-1x because it was the last level and was a hard level

19 minutes ago, Lina_Kfa said:

Probably only 19-20 because deaths are common there and 7-1x because it was the last level and was a hard level

Yeah 19 and 20 both are tough and they're longer levels compared to the other ones.  7-1 is a very precise one so I can see that one being last would be hard.

• Like 1