Possible to self-boost across a PS4 and PS5 without buying a second copy of the game?

Xillynoc

I was thinking about knocking out the online trophies for Natural Doctrine (only bought on my main account) and had a potential epiphany: do I need a second player for it if I own a PS4 and PS5 with an alternate account to use on one of them? My thought process is that I can download the game on both consoles, then start it up on PS4 with my main and PS5 with my alt, using the "authorization" of my main account to let my alt play it; if it works, this would let me play on both sides of the matches needed for the trophies and eliminate the need for a boosting partner. However, I'm not sure if the authorization thing would still permit my alt to play on PS5 while my main is playing on PS4, but I assume it should be possible since the two are wholly different consoles - however, before I go to the effort of setting that up, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has tried that, either for Natural Doctrine or another 2p online game/trophy set.

Does it work as I think it should, or does Sony get in the way?

I have self boosted Remnant: from the ashes, Saint row, Division series, Zombie army 4, GTAV, etc. You can self boost any games that only needs 2 players and don’t require complicate controls.

But for Natural Doctrine, some people log their same account on ps3 and ps4 at the same time to get the same deck. I never play that game so I don’t know how the online part works. Just letting you know

• 3 weeks later...