Trophies help

AGz_MaGIXz

5 hours ago, Dante_Kinkade said:

Looks like deleting your save data to make it easier to feed everything to the jellyfish only works on the PS5 version.

Yeah I kind of assumed it would be that way.. Pretty sure it’s because PS4 has no way to track individual items and progress is only linked to the savegame and not to the PS servers in any way.

Will be interesting to see if someone eventually find the last few foods, or if they bother fixing the trophies.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:49 AM, AGz_MaGIXz said:

Jellyfish thing when you zoom all the way out is just a place where you can play around with all the foods you have collected/given to the jellyfish.

Holding L1+R1 will show you all the foods you have found so far.

So is there a trophy-related reason for it?

And is it related to the trophy for feeding food to jellyfish?

3 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

So is there a trophy-related reason for it?

And is it related to the trophy for feeding food to jellyfish?

No, it is just a place for you to play around with food and nothing more than that it seems, you can ignore it entirely, it's not needed for any trophies.

due to curiousity I still tried feeding every new food to jellyfish til the end but only come out with 118/148

I finally use clearing save data method to get the trophy done, but just wondering is there normal playthrough to get the remaining 30 food🤔

Jellyfish had no interests to some kind of candies and chocolates at all, and some were directly digusted to ashes without stealing (in microwave oven scenario)

Btw, anyone discovered what pattern the omni combo is? although that one is non-trophy related

2 hours ago, ShijouLime said:

due to curiousity I still tried feeding every new food to jellyfish til the end but only come out with 118/148

I finally use clearing save data method to get the trophy done, but just wondering is there normal playthrough to get the remaining 30 food🤔

Jellyfish had no interests to some kind of candies and chocolates at all, and some were directly digusted to ashes without stealing (in microwave oven scenario)

Btw, anyone discovered what pattern the omni combo is? although that one is non-trophy related

Ay you got further than me, I only reached 115. Some of the foods, even though they have a different shape and look different, they still count as the same food.. Like the donut/cake one for example, so that might also be the case for the candy you tried giving it (maybe?).

I kind of just assumed the trophy was broken, like that they miscounted or something, but there is probably some way to feed the rest, we just don’t know it yet.. although if it is bugged, I would not be surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AGz_MaGIXz said:

Ay you got further than me, I only reached 115. Some of the foods, even though they have a different shape and look different, they still count as the same food.. Like the donut/cake one for example, so that might also be the case for the candy you tried giving it (maybe?).

I kind of just assumed the trophy was broken, like that they miscounted or something, but there is probably some way to feed the rest, we just don’t know it yet.. although if it is bugged, I would not be surprised.

yeah I was surprised when I saw the three color shredded bell peppers count as 3 food, gold bar and silver bar count as 2, and the last scene after credit also have corn as last new food

I agree there might be bugs in some food for example the last dish's asparagus,

although some otherthings such as different shape of cereal crisps, donuts and cakes I believe it was literally counted as one thing

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, AGz_MaGIXz said:

Yeah I kind of assumed it would be that way.. Pretty sure it’s because PS4 has no way to track individual items and progress is only linked to the savegame and not to the PS servers in any way.

Will be interesting to see if someone eventually find the last few foods, or if they bother fixing the trophies.

I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to test it just to make sure. Also hopefully means others won't need to.

It would be nice if there was a count on each level of what food you have got from it or a screen with the stats and information about each food you have got, something like Katamari. Then it would be a lot easier to know which levels to replay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dante_Kinkade said:

It would be nice if there was a count on each level of what food you have got from it or a screen with the stats and information about each food you have got, something like Katamari. Then it would be a lot easier to know which levels to replay.

That’s a great idea, I’ll mention it to the dev and see what they respond with.

It would be nice if it showed up after you finish the game once or something, feel like that would make sense.

• Like 1

Also just to piggyback on some other trophy stuff, I can echo what AGz_MaGIXz said with the chopsticks. I did L1 and mashed the two face buttons that pop up the chopsticks(X and O maybe?), did that for like 5-10 seconds, had them way high in the air, and spawned a ton of noodles, used the R2 gravity thing to move under (or you can drop the spawn point on the chopsticks) and once the chopsticks landed, spawn more noodles, and then you can easily grab with R2. Might take a few tries. You can do it without popping the chopsticks up in the air, but it makes it a little easier.

They should definitely have a counter in post-game for the jellyfish foods. I've been semi-AFK grinding it on my other TV while playing other stuff, or watching videos, and I'd just do the Force Push a few times, and then mash some other buttons, and the Jellyfish would spawn pretty quickly. I would try to press them rhythmically. Seems to sometimes take a while to spawn initially. I have also been dropping every food off, by doing all 4 dpad, all 4 face buttons, then L1 plus all 4 dpad and face buttons. Jellyfish won't pick up dupes like someone else stated, but sometimes it will just go away without picking something up. Could be lack of access. I guess my next run through will be spawning ONE item at a time, and resetting level. I'm determined to try and get it without resetting, but I may cave in. Or just upload old save maybe. Pretty tedious though, and having it locked behind the jellyfish timer, and not having an easy way to know, is frustrating. I was worried that some of the devices on the levels would cause an item to count as a different item. For example, microwaving something, burning it, making noodles in the grinder, etc.

(Updated process 9-26-23)

I started going back through the levels, focusing on spawning only 4 items at a time (all dpad, all face buttons, all L1+Dpad, L1+face), and spreading out the items when spawned. Jellyfish won't grab liquid or sauce. I think it DOES grab some items that are part of the stage, but I could be completely wrong (plates on the diner stage for example). Seems to also spawn the jellyfish sometimes when I just mash the 4 buttons I spawned. And like Gage stated below, spawning the food on top of the jellyfish does seem to help it pick up food sometimes. Random note, I also noticed, one of the buttons (EDIT: it's JUST square) on the pizza level spawns pasta, but if you HOLD the button down, it spawns an onion slice, while you change it's drop point. Holding the button will always spawn one onion slice, but normal pressing spawns the twisted pasta noodle. I'm unsure if there are others like this...

Edited by Banananaki
Updated info relevant, didn't want to add a new post.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Anyone have a quick way to get a million dollar bill for the Sous Vide Vuitton trophy?

Also how exactly do we get jellyfish to eat the food?

When the jellyfish spawns it will just randomly pick up a food you have spawned. You can’t really force it to take the food in any way, it has a mind of its own.

Sous Vide Vuitton is easily earned by spawning in gold bars and hoverboards and whatever in the meat grinder level.

Hold L1 and tap the buttons to spawn food and it will be gold and a bunch of other items.

Also huge props to Banananaki for going into such detail, should be super helpful for those struggling with the combos.

• Like 1

I did figure out you can sort of force the Jellyfish to pick up food by dropping it on top of it. So if you've spawned something you want it to grab but it's not going for it hold the spawn button for the item you want it to grab to bring up the cursor showing where you're dropping that item, and move it over top of the Jellyfish and spam a bunch and it should grab one if you manage to hit it. 

• Like 1

You guys have all been super helpful here. I'm still struggling with two trophies..

First, Pitch Perfect. It seems to completely ignore me no matter what I do. Not loud enough? Not the right key? I'm no singer, and I have other people in the house so I'm not about to belt out some Mariah Carey for a trophy lol.

I was able to find a solution for Pitch Perfect. In the "Options" menu, you can turn up "Mic Input Gain" to max. This lets you use much less volume to get a reaction. I basically just said "ohhh" in a high pitch for 2-3 seconds and it happened (on the pizza level, if that matters).

Second, Precision Magician. I don't quite understand the explanations given so far. You spawn one cereal, then you have to hit some notes, but hitting the notes spawns in more cereal, does that matter? And I've done this a million times, with and without spells equipped. Do you use the spells? Or just have it equipped? Do you spawn in one cereal then get 1-2 open notes right after? This doesn't seem to do any sort of "enchanting" so I feel like I'm missing something.

I got it. I went ahead and had a spell equipped, so I can't confirm whether that's a requirement or not, but to answer my own questions above in case anyone is wondering.. Yes, you will spawn multiple pieces of cereal, which is fine. All you want to focus on is your FIRST note being the small, open circle (which happens when you hit it on the 4th "beat"). So, closed note on every beat, open note on every 2nd beat, and the open "circle" on every 4th beat. Just watch the lines, hit when it reaches the inner circle, then wait til the 4th beat and press again. The trophy popped for me on the 2nd 4th beat I hit in a row.

Edited by KalamityKode
Updating information
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, Banananaki said:

If you're having trouble with the notes, there's a Toggle Rhythm Helper in the Pause Menu. This will allow a pulsing circle to appear on the top left of the screen. When the ring is fully contracted (smallest) you can press a food spawn button and it should do a solid note. You can't do things like open microwave, or pour liquid, it has to be a food spawn type thing.

From slowest to fastest, there's a hollow circle, hollow note, solid note, note with a flag. There's also a circle with 3 lines (like a Y) that indicates a note that was off of these other notes. For this example, the slowest is 1, then 2, 3, 4, etc. If you manage to do the slowest hollow circle (1), it will do a DIFFERENT ring on the outside that is much slower, which should indicate when to press it again for another circle.

If you press a button with the ring each time it contracts, you should be able to consistently do the solid note (3). If you get a rhythm of pressing that button, you can skip one press, and you'll do a hollow note (2). If you count each note 1-2-3-4, you would hit 1 and 3 for this. For the hollow circle (1), you would ONLY hit on 1's. And for a flag note (4) you would hit inbetween each solid note (3) right in the middle. You could also time your counting between each solid note (3) and count to 4 between TWO notes rather than counting on EACH note, so you would hit the (3) on 1 and 3.

Here's a more visual representation. If you hit the rings of the guide each time, count to 8, where you are pressing the button on 1-3-5-7, consistently getting solid notes...

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 = Hollow Circle (1)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 = Hollow Note (2)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 = Solid Note (3)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 = Flag Note (4)

It gets tricky because each level has a different backing track to it, and a different BPM, so you can try to match that tempo, or just use the guide to help (sometimes it's ambiguous and there will only be a random drum beat every like 15 seconds or so...).

For the image below, you would do like this

Diurnal - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Force Push - 1---2---3--4--5-1---2---3--4--5- (eventually it should work, it's a kinda future bass-y drum pattern imo, can be finicky, but the fastest/easiest to do)

Keychange Down - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Keychange Up - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Corn Ear - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

You can kinda just count at different speeds while trying, if you aren't good with tempo etc. I don't remember how silence works, but it is a bunch of off beat notes, so I will mess with it later and edit if needed. I also don't have omni shown on mine, and I tried a handful of different patterns. 

Hopefully this helps someone, and isn't overexplained and confusing lol

Decided to have another go after about a week away, finally managed to get the keychange down trophy thanks to your amazing guide! still struggling on keychange up for some reason. managed to get 2 in a row and then on the 3rd one it slows down and doesn't register the note in the combo. tried to double the count but nothing :( but this is still a great help thank you! i'll definitely keep trying now tho! also if it helps, i somehow managed to get the omni combo by button mashing haha

spacer.png

Edited by Cloemoester
correcting image link
  • Like 2

Glad it was helpful! I will steal that omni combo lol. (added to above post as well)

Depending on the stage, the pulsing ring will either pulse on the hollow note, or solid note. If it's solid, you can count those as 1-2-3-4, or hollow count 1-x-3-x. Then hit the button on the ring, count to 4, hit on 1 and 3, then hit 1-2-3-4. The thing with keynote change trophies is that it speeds up or slows down the song, and it gets weird to repeat doing it. Just make sure when you try to do the sequence, that you at least do one of the first note first, because, for example, if I just hit X to spawn something, it won't trigger a note thing until the NEXT button press. I edited my above post to reflect that sort of, since it only shows the sequences, and not hitting stuff before to prepare the first note to work. It's hard to explain in text lol...

I also found for the Jellyfish... You can literally hold R2 (gravity thing) when it spawns, and just pick up the food and hand it over. Done it a few times now, and it makes it easier when it just floats nowhere near spawning food, or the food you've spawned already. I've had it just float around for a few spawns so I just tried it and it worked. May not work all the time, but I've definitely handed it food. It WILL grab from you while you are still holding R2, but I can't 100% say that the food that it grabbed didn't run away from the gravity thing. You can try to let go and re-tap R2 to move the food around more, especially vertically off the level and up in the air.

Edited by Banananaki
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Banananaki said:

Glad it was helpful! I will steal that omni combo lol. (added to above post as well)

Depending on the stage, the pulsing ring will either pulse on the hollow note, or solid note. If it's solid, you can count those as 1-2-3-4, or hollow count 1-x-3-x. Then hit the button on the ring, count to 4, hit on 1 and 3, then hit 1-2-3-4. The thing with keynote change trophies is that it speeds up or slows down the song, and it gets weird to repeat doing it. Just make sure when you try to do the sequence, that you at least do one of the first note first, because, for example, if I just hit X to spawn something, it won't trigger a note thing until the NEXT button press. I edited my above post to reflect that sort of, since it only shows the sequences, and not hitting stuff before to prepare the first note to work. It's hard to explain in text lol...

I also found for the Jellyfish... You can literally hold R2 (gravity thing) when it spawns, and just pick up the food and hand it over. Done it a few times now, and it makes it easier when it just floats nowhere near spawning food, or the food you've spawned already. I've had it just float around for a few spawns so I just tried it and it worked. May not work all the time, but I've definitely handed it food. It WILL grab from you while you are still holding R2, but I can't 100% say that the food that it grabbed didn't run away from the gravity thing. You can try to let go and re-tap R2 to move the food around more, especially vertically off the level and up in the air.

Thank you so much again! Managed to get both the combo trophies now! also if anyone needs help and which levels are best (in my opinion) the ice cream level with the shower and the pink bath tube for the keychange down. the green soup uh thing (2nd to last level before the bill machine) for keychange up!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 6:59 PM, AGz_MaGIXz said:

That’s a great idea, I’ll mention it to the dev and see what they respond with.

It would be nice if it showed up after you finish the game once or something, feel like that would make sense.

It is always fun having things like that and would make it so much easier too.
cool I do hope they like the idea.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, Banananaki said:

If you're having trouble with the notes, there's a Toggle Rhythm Helper in the Pause Menu. This will allow a pulsing circle to appear on the top left of the screen. When the ring is fully contracted (smallest) you can press a food spawn button and it should do a hollow note, or a solid note. The rate that it pulses is level dependent, and can be either hollow or solid.  You can't do things like open microwave, or pour liquid, it has to be a food spawn type thing.

From slowest to fastest, there's a hollow circle, hollow note, solid note, note with a flag. There's also a circle with 3 lines (like a Y) that indicates a note that was off of these other notes. For this example, the slowest is 1, then 2, 3, 4, etc. If you manage to do the slowest hollow circle (1), it will do a DIFFERENT ring on the outside that is much slower, which should indicate when to press it again for another circle.

If you press a button with the ring each time it contracts, you should be able to consistently do the solid note (3). If you get a rhythm of pressing that button, you can skip one press, and you'll do a hollow note (2). If you count each note 1-2-3-4, you would hit 1 and 3 for this. For the hollow circle (1), you would ONLY hit on 1's. And for a flag note (4) you would hit inbetween each solid note (3) right in the middle. You could also time your counting between each solid note (3) and count to 4 between TWO notes rather than counting on EACH note, so you would hit the (3) on 1 and 3.

Here's a more visual representation. If you hit the rings of the guide each time, count to 8, where you are pressing the button on 1-3-5-7, consistently getting solid notes...

It gets tricky because each level has a different backing track to it, and a different BPM, so you can try to match that tempo, or just use the guide to help (sometimes it's ambiguous and there will only be a random drum beat every like 15 seconds or so...).

For the image below, you would do like this (You will sometimes need to repeat the first note so that the timing works out. These are in parentheses at the beginning.)

Diurnal - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1

Force Push - 1---2---3--4--5-1---2---3--4--5- (eventually it should work, it's a kinda future bass-y drum pattern imo, can be finicky, but the fastest/easiest to do)

Keychange Down - (11-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Keychange Up - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 (first set prepares the note to be hollow)

Silence - Tap quickly at a constant rate until you get Flag Notes (4), and just slow down a tiny bit until you get the Y Shape symbol thing over and over.

Omni - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-789. More notes below(Thanks to Cloemoester for sharing the omni note sequence! See their post below this one for image)

Corn Ear - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

For Omni, you want to start a hollow circle(1), then hollow note(2), then a solid note(3), but when you hit the solid note, hit it 3 times rather quickly. You can try to mess with the timing of those 3 notes, maybe hit one sliiiiiightly slower or faster than the other, but don't overthink it. I think this is consistent, I was able to do it once before being late to work so I will test it a few times, and if I find something better, I'll update.

You can kinda just count at different speeds while trying, if you aren't good with tempo etc. I don't remember how silence works, but it is a bunch of off beat notes, so I will mess with it later and edit if needed. I also don't have omni shown on mine, and I tried a handful of different patterns. 

Yeah, I feel dumb as anything, because the key change up one, I’m still stuck. I’ve collected it once, but I can’t seem to do it again. I’m not good with music stuff. The notes make no sense to me. I was using the stuff there to count and I was somehow still doing it wrong

• 6 months later...
On 9/21/2023 at 3:39 PM, Banananaki said:

If you're having trouble with the notes, there's a Toggle Rhythm Helper in the Pause Menu. This will allow a pulsing circle to appear on the top left of the screen. When the ring is fully contracted (smallest) you can press a food spawn button and it should do a hollow note, or a solid note. The rate that it pulses is level dependent, and can be either hollow or solid.  You can't do things like open microwave, or pour liquid, it has to be a food spawn type thing.

For the image below, you would do like this (You will sometimes need to repeat the first note so that the timing works out. These are in parentheses at the beginning.)

Diurnal - 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1

Keychange Down - (11-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Keychange Up - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 (first set prepares the note to be hollow)

Silence - Tap quickly at a constant rate until you get Flag Notes (4), and just slow down a tiny bit until you get the Y Shape symbol thing over and over.

Omni - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-789. More notes below(Thanks to Cloemoester for sharing the omni note sequence! See their post below this one for image)

Corn Ear - (1-2-3-4) 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

For Omni, you want to start a hollow circle(1), then hollow note(2), then a solid note(3), but when you hit the solid note, hit it 3 times rather quickly. You can try to mess with the timing of those 3 notes, maybe hit one sliiiiiightly slower or faster than the other, but don't overthink it. I think this is consistent, I was able to do it once before being late to work so I will test it a few times, and if I find something better, I'll update.

this is the most helpful post for unlocking the speed and slow down trophy! to be honest you have to have a bit of feeling for rhythm to hit the buttons at the same time and understand the upper post when you'r no musician like me :) then you have to know two more things that are important:

- activate the rhythmindicator in the pause menu so you have a visual help in the upper left corner of the screen. each time the outer grey circle hits the white inner circle is one count. ignore the appearing thicker outlined ring after you have hit a note because it's irritating especially when you activated it on a 2 count and need to wait for a 4 count afterwards. i used the indicator and kept counting 1-2-3-4 in my head what really helped me activating the combos

- and what i did not read anywhere here is that you should know that you are allowed to make mistakes!! when you did not the note you wanted, that's okay. just restart your combo. i think that you just aren't allowed to do a different combo inbetween or leave the actual level but can't confirm this.

i used the suggested cereal level and did not have a big trouble achieving these after the great guide.

• Like 1