Titan Boss Theory - need people to help test

Spraragen88

So, I have a weird theory and I feel like the Titan Boss is available before he appears in a tower or replaces Final Boss Scorpion at the end of the season. 

Can people who've beaten the season help me test this? I think Titan Scorpion is available in the Random Battles in the training area map. 

Doing about 10 of these, the enemies gradually got stronger, pitting me up against sub bosses and then I actually had to fight the season boss version of Scorpion. I even had to do a TYM and Survive Mission in these random battles.

I wonder if we keep trying, if Titan Scorpion will appear... Or we might truly have to wait for the final week of the season.

After beating Season Boss Scorpion through random battles, the fight difficulty started over again and I beat more until Scorpion appeared once more, but still only in his regular season boss form - but somehow he felt tougher than the last time.

I also noticed if I beat only 4-5 in a row, exited the map and reentered the battles started over. So it might be something we need to do in one sitting - which is why I need help. If Titan Bosses spawn in Random mode, and probably have a very low RNG of appearing, then it will take some time to test the theory. 

I really hope NRS sees our pleas and releases Titan battles sooner than late October.

1 hour ago, Spraragen88 said:

So, I have a weird theory and I feel like the Titan Boss is available before he appears in a tower or replaces Final Boss Scorpion at the end of the season. 

Can people who've beaten the season help me test this? I think Titan Scorpion is available in the Random Battles in the training area map. 

Doing about 10 of these, the enemies gradually got stronger, pitting me up against sub bosses and then I actually had to fight the season boss version of Scorpion. I even had to do a TYM and Survive Mission in these random battles.

I wonder if we keep trying, if Titan Scorpion will appear... Or we might truly have to wait for the final week of the season.

After beating Season Boss Scorpion through random battles, the fight difficulty started over again and I beat more until Scorpion appeared once more, but still only in his regular season boss form - but somehow he felt tougher than the last time.

I also noticed if I beat only 4-5 in a row, exited the map and reentered the battles started over. So it might be something we need to do in one sitting - which is why I need help. If Titan Bosses spawn in Random mode, and probably have a very low RNG of appearing, then it will take some time to test the theory. 

I really hope NRS sees our pleas and releases Titan battles sooner than late October.

They clearly are going for a season finale feeling to it so I doubt there is any other way to fight the Titan boss. 

I would also bet that the EOS being the only way to fight them is so WB can prevent people from selling the game within a week of release. Which is often when places like Gamestop would give top dollar for trade ins.  I doubt this is strictly Netherrealm's choice, it's probably from higher up then them.

I was doing the same thing a few days ago thinking something might trigger when I noticed the fights getting harder and harder. I stopped after 50 or so though thinking it was just wishful thinking.

Part of me still thinks that the titan battle is somewhere waiting to be found right now and that it's waiting in the seasonal tower. 

i think NRS should just tell us what a titan battle is, and when and how to trigger them is possible. 

Not sure why they have to be so secretive about it. 

I like to think they possibly forgot to impliment it and thats why its at 0% and they are scrambling to come up with a way to do it in an upcoming patch a few weeks from now.

1 minute ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

We don't *know* if it is or not. So until then, yea, weird.

There is currently more information leaning to it not being in the game though.  There was someone on these forums that had at least some insider information about it.  They stated that it's a boss that will be added the last week of the season.

I'd be more inclined to believe it to be a fight that hasn't been added.  That makes more sense to me than it being something undiscovered or hidden, given they're calling it season 1 and seasons tend to have finales in many forms of media. I don't see it as being weird that no one has got it.

Also, there have been a lot of data mining from the PC files and yet no one has stated that they're even in the game.  If it was you'd think that would reveal something more.

Besides, MKX held onto the mk classic premiere towers for a week after launch before putting them in, which was the only way to get the secret fight trophy, so technically those weren't in the game until then.

2 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

There is currently more information leaning to it not being in the game though.  There was someone on these forums that had at least some insider information about it.  They stated that it's a boss that will be added the last week of the season.

I'd be more inclined to believe it to be a fight that hasn't been added.  That makes more sense to me than it being something undiscovered or hidden, given they're calling it season 1 and seasons tend to have finales in many forms of media. I don't see it as being weird that no one has got it.

Also, there have been a lot of data mining from the PC files and yet no one has stated that they're even in the game.  If it was you'd think that would reveal something more.

Besides, MKX held onto the mk classic premiere towers for a week after launch before putting them in, which was the only way to get the secret fight trophy, so technically those weren't in the game until then.

I'm not saying it is or isn't in the game. I'm just saying we don't know. I remember MKX, hell, I even initially said plenty of games have done stuff like this before. I'm sure NRS will tell us what's up sooner rather than later as well.

4 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I'm not saying it is or isn't in the game. I'm just saying we don't know. I remember MKX, hell, I even initially said plenty of games have done stuff like this before. I'm sure NRS will tell us what's up sooner rather than later as well.

I just did some digging, and a reddit user contacted WB support about it and they sent back a message saying that the Titan battles currently aren't in the game and the only other information support could give is to keep an eye on WB and NRS social groups for more information when it's made available. 

They've posted this reply in multiple topics asking about it, so I would expect they weren't making it up.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1