Is online still work ?

TarkanTurkoglu

But trophy guide says they are official servers and I see people still getting mp trophies 

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers only work if you change your DNS settings but use it at your own risk, because it's currently unknown if this trick will get you flagged for cheating since the servers you connect to are probably unofficial and not CRT approved:

Edited by yusuftahir2

11 minutes ago, yusuftahir2 said:

But trophy guide says they are official servers and I see people still getting mp trophies 

In that case, I would air on the side of caution and PM the CRT in case the author (or myself) was misinformed about their legality where this site is concerned: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My understanding of this situation is the official servers are still up BUT either the devs or the publishers changed something on the backend so most players can't connect to them, because the DNS servers aren't recognised any more and just get blocked. The fix is to change your DNS to a specific address that won't be blocked by the official servers, no hacks, dodgy firmware or weirdo fan servers are needed for this, just a simple DNS address that isn't on the block list for the official servers.

EDIT: Going by the post below, it looks like I'm wrong on every point :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

My understanding of this situation is the official servers are still up BUT either the devs or the publishers changed something on the backend so most players can't connect to them, because the DNS servers aren't recognised any more and just get blocked. The fix is to change your DNS to a specific address that won't be blocked by the official servers, no hacks, dodgy firmware or weirdo fan servers are needed for this, just a simple DNS address that isn't on the block list for the official servers.

@MMDE Is that simple enough for you?

@MMDE

The situation is that the official servers do work, and a custom server does exist.

The DNS address of 188.225.75.35 that people say is just a work around to make a more stable connection is in fact a custom server. This server was created by a user named aibot who also hosts a seperate custom server for PC players of the game. See this page to confirm (Control F: Blur PS3 Server) https://amax-emu.com/news which then links you to this page with the actual DNS address https://wiki.aiwarehouse.xyz/en/blur-ps3-guide

While the official servers do still work at present (I just checked) they are not without issue. Specifically for reasons unknown some PSN accounts will not appear on the in game leaderboards and by extension are unable to receive in game challenges. This makes the trophy Friends make better enemies unobtainable for affected PSN accounts as you need to be able to receive and beat a challenge from another player. This does not affect all PSN accounts though and there is no discernible way to tell if your account will be able to or not. The official servers have also previous completely gone down making all the online trophies unobtainable for some months which is what prompted the creation of the custom server.

The custom server does not have this issue so many people are unlocking this trophy on that server or doing the entirety of the online trophies on the custom server.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

@MMDE

3 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

@MMDE

The situation is that the official servers do work, and a custom server does exist.

The DNS address of 188.225.75.35 that people say is just a work around to make a more stable connection is in fact a custom server. This server was created by a user named aibot who also hosts a seperate custom server for PC players of the game. See this page to confirm (Control F: Blur PS3 Server) https://amax-emu.com/news which then links you to this page with the actual DNS address https://wiki.aiwarehouse.xyz/en/blur-ps3-guide

While the official servers do still work at present (I just checked) they are not without issue. Specifically for reasons unknown some PSN accounts will not appear on the in game leaderboards and by extension are unable to receive in game challenges. This makes the trophy Friends make better enemies unobtainable for affected PSN accounts as you need to be able to receive and beat a challenge from another player. This does not affect all PSN accounts though and there is no discernible way to tell if your account will be able to or not. The official servers have also previous completely gone down making all the online trophies unobtainable for some months which is what prompted the creation of the custom server.

The custom server does not have this issue so many people are unlocking this trophy on that server or doing the entirety of the online trophies on the custom server.

Nothing seems forbidden. Please confirm @Squirlruler or @MMDE. Thanks.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

EDIT: Going by the post below, it looks like I'm wrong on every point :(.

As long as the official servers are up I don’t see a problem. Changing your DNS has been used in the past to obtain the create a character trophies for Saints Row so I don’t see the problem. 

13 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

As long as the official servers are up I don’t see a problem. Changing your DNS has been used in the past to obtain the create a character trophies for Saints Row so I don’t see the problem. 

The server are back online few months ago and still up as it now. You don't have to change DNS cos your progress between official and custom server are different FYI.

25 minutes ago, AbbyRoadForever said:

The server are back online few months ago and still up as it now. You don't have to change DNS cos your progress between official and custom server are different FYI.

So there should be no problem. I’m just waiting for the CRT team to give the okay. I’ve pinged them multiple times and everything has been explained. Like you said, this should be fair game and a no brainer. 

5 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

@MMDE

What a mess. lol

Unless the source code is open, I can't really approve it. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, MMDE said:

What a mess. lol

Dude, the issue is that the servers came back up. I just need your go ahead that the game isn’t listed as unobtainable or flag worthy since they’re two sets of servers (official and unofficial). This shouldn’t be that complicated @MMDE…I cannot believe that you would have an issue with not needing to change your DNS and playing the game normally just because it went down for a month or two…

Of course, you can still use the official servers... that should go without saying.

If you need to change your DNS server settings, you are probably trying to connect to some custom server that hasn't been approved.

If you believe the latter is not true, please provide exact data, and I'll figure it out or tell you how to figure it out yourself.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Of course, you can still use the official servers... that should go without saying.

If you need to change your DNS server settings, you are probably trying to connect to some custom server that hasn't been approved.

If you believe the latter is not true, please provide exact data, and I'll figure it out or tell you how to figure it out yourself.

Okay, so we have the go ahead to play the game normally without worrying about being flagged. Thanks for clarifying so that those of us that abide by the rules can play the game without worrying about false flags.

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

What a mess. lol

As far as I can tell this is the same dude that worked on the Transformers Re-energized servers. The Transformers servers and the blur server are using the same DNS number at the moment. Apparently he also has DJ Hero 1 & 2 servers.

Does have a github if you haven't seen it. That's mostly over my head though. https://github.com/Aib0t

• Like 2