Can't Download My Digital PS4 Games On My PS4

TheDarkKratos

Hey, everyone. So, yesterday I encountered a weird problem I've never seen before. I went to download the Ascent from my digital library while on my PS4. I clicked on download, and all I get is an un-ending loading screen cycle with the PlayStation button symbols (square, triangle, x, circle) blinking non-stop. Tried a bunch of my other games, and it's the same story. I have tried to Google this and found no solution. For the record, this is a very recent thing. My PS4 has no issues that I am aware of. Yes, I have plenty of HDD space for any new games. Yes, I own the game content. No, this has never happened before. Anyone else experienced this, and if so, what's the fix please? It's really irritating to say the least. I'm certain this has happened to others. And I'm hoping it's an easy fix. Thanks.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

41 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Could be bad internet connection maybe? But I’d say this is the type of question that would be better asked to PlayStation support 

Thanks. My connection is fine. I can download content on to my PS5. And on my PS3, Vita. It's just my PS4.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

39 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Have you tried to restore licenses in the Settings? I can download on my Pro just fine.

I just tried that, unfortunately, it didn't work. I had initially thought of restoring licenses.

But normally that function is only reserved for content that has become unplayable after a time.

A good idea though. Thanks for thinking of that. But I will try anything at this point. 

Edited by TheDarkKratos

I haven't heard about this issue before, but here are a few thoughts. Have you tried to start the download with the PlayStation app?

Also, when you say you own the game, this should mean you bought them in the past (not added through PlayStation Plus). Otherwise I could think of an expired PlayStation Plus membership where it's no longer possible to download stuff.

Is the console the primary console? Some people have 2 or even more (or live on 2 adresses for example).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I haven't heard about this issue before, but here are a few thoughts. Have you tried to start the download with the PlayStation app?

Also, when you say you own the game, this should mean you bought them in the past (not added through PlayStation Plus). Otherwise I could think of an expired PlayStation Plus membership where it's no longer possible to download stuff.

Is the console the primary console? Some people have 2 or even more (or live on 2 adresses for example).

Hey. No, I don't currently own a phone. It got stolen a year or more ago. I don't have any friends anyways, so I don't need a replacement anytime soon.

I have been on PS+ for over 10 years. And never has it expired or have I discontinued the subscription. This is the very first time I have seen this problem.

Every game I own, or it's a PS+ title. Since this issue presented itself about 24 hours ago, nothing can be downloaded from my account. Nothing.

I go to my library, click on the game title, then hit download. All I get are the 4 x PS symbols with a message saying 'please wait' in an endless loop.

This message sits there for ages. I tested it. Went to have dinner, came back, same crap. I tried many many games. It's the same story all over.

My console has never been set to primary. That's how I prefer it. But until now, I have never heard of, seen, or had this issue. It's a real mystery to me.

Could it be a system hardware problem? My PS4 is a slim. About 3 years old. Well cleaned, maintained etc. Never gets hot. I have rarely seen an error.

On my PS5 I can download any of my PS4 games instantly...

Edited by TheDarkKratos

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Hey. No, I don't currently own a phone. It got stolen a year or more ago. I don't have any friends anyways, so I don't need a replacement anytime soon.

I have been on PS+ for over 10 years. And never has it expired or have I discontinued the subscription. This is the very first time I have seen this problem.

Every game I own, or it's a PS+ title. Since this issue presented itself about 24 hours ago, nothing can be downloaded from my account. Nothing.

I go to my library, click on the game title, then hit download. All I get are the 4 x PS symbols with a message saying 'please wait' in an endless loop.

This message sits there for ages. I tested it. Went to have dinner, came back, same crap. I tried many many games. It's the same story all over.

My console has never been set to primary. That's how I prefer it. But until now, I have never heard of, seen, or had this issue. It's a real mystery to me.

Could it be a system hardware problem? My PS4 is a slim. About 3 years old. Well cleaned, maintained etc. Never gets hot. I have rarely seen an error.

i know this dont help at all, but one time i couldnt access the ps store on my ps3 for months. no reason why it just stopped working and would just hang like you said, i had to use my other ps3, and then one day i checked it and it just started working again. might have to wait it out or call them. try a hardline connection to your internet (prob wont work but who knows)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Understood. It's weird. 

For a hardware issue I would expect an error message

• Like 1

Well I had a problem one time in which the information about the game under the download button wouldn't load, it stayed like that for a week, then one day it just started working again, try rebuilding database, but to me it sounds like an internet issue. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

try rebuilding database

Bingo! This worked. I never thought of doing this. Infact, I have never rebuilt the database on my PS4.

Thank you so much. I knew there would be a simple fix for this. Only took about 3 minutes to rebuild. Lol...

Many thanks to everyone who tried to help out. I really appreciate it.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Bingo! This worked. I never thought of doing this. Infact, I have never rebuilt the database on my PS4.

Thank you so much. I knew there would be a simple fix for this. Only took about 3 minutes to rebuild. Lol...

Many thanks to everyone who tried to help out. I really appreciate it.

Glad it worked for you mate 👍 

• Like 1