No PS5 free upgrade (anymore ?)

marcsnake

Check your disk cover, if it’s from other region/country you will need another psn account of that region/country to download.

Or it can just be a time-limited offer. Or like Reed’s terminator they offer free upgrade to US/EU only, without mentioning it’s regionally exclusive in their promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archangeltw_ said:

Check your disk cover, if it’s from other region/country you will need another psn account of that region/country to download.

Or it can just be a time-limited offer. Or like Reed’s terminator they offer free upgrade to US/EU only, without mentioning it’s regionally exclusive in their promotion.

The game is still cross-buy (one listing for PS4/PS5) on the digital store, so it would be very unlikely that it would have been a time-limited offer. Especially if the free-upgrade icon is on the packaging. I suspect you are correct that OP has purchased a disc version from a different region, so can't access the upgrade on their main account.

@marcsnake did you buy the NA disc? Is it rated by PEGI or ESRB on the cover?

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

The game is still cross-buy (one listing for PS4/PS5) on the digital store, so it would be very unlikely that it would have been a time-limited offer. Especially if the free-upgrade icon is on the packaging. I suspect you are correct that OP has purchased a disc version from a different region, so can't access the upgrade on their main account.

@marcsnake did you buy the NA disc? Is it rated by PEGI or ESRB on the cover?

This is an european version.

Rated by PEGI.

CUSA 30139.

And with "PS5 upgrade available" on the front.

I'll try with my US account too but this doesn't work either 🙄

As you said, it's strange although the game is cross buy on the PSN.

At least the game in PS4 version on PS5 is perfectly smooth and enjoyable so not such a problem but some kind of mystery 🤣

1 hour ago, marcsnake said:

This is an european version.

Rated by PEGI.

CUSA 30139.

And with "PS5 upgrade available" on the front.

I'll try with my US account too but this doesn't work either 🙄

As you said, it's strange although the game is cross buy on the PSN.

At least the game in PS4 version on PS5 is perfectly smooth and enjoyable so not such a problem but some kind of mystery 🤣

Have you tried going to the product page from the ... symbol. I can usually find the upgrade there when I can't find it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2024 at 12:56 AM, lordzeze said:

Same problem here. I have the PS4 disc (NA region) and the case says there is a free PS5 upgrade, but it doesn't give me the option for the free PS5 upgrade when I put in the disc.

Upgrade definitely no longer works. Looks like the digital versions are now separate as well, and no longer cross-buy. I tried on both the PS4 and PS5. I even tried logging into my UK account to see if maybe I could upgrade to the EU version, but that doesn't work. It's clear that they have removed the upgrade and cross buy functionality.

Is there any recourse for this since the box clearly says free upgrade, and not time limited?

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I haven't been able to get free upgrades for games that have gone on Extra. Not sure if it's related.

No, this game was never on any of the Premium Tiers.

When it initially came out, the digital versions were cross-buy - there was only a single listing. The digital versions are now separate products.

The physical PS4 disc, which I own (along with the posters above), has the free upgrade icon on the cover. It appears this has been disabled since the product is no longer cross buy.

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

No, this game was never on any of the Premium Tiers.

When it initially came out, the digital versions were cross-buy - there was only a single listing. The digital versions are now separate products.

The physical PS4 disc, which I own (along with the posters above), has the free upgrade icon on the cover. It appears this has been disabled since the product is no longer cross buy.

Hmm, then not sure what's up. 

6 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Upgrade definitely no longer works. Looks like the digital versions are now separate as well, and no longer cross-buy. I tried on both the PS4 and PS5. I even tried logging into my UK account to see if maybe I could upgrade to the EU version, but that doesn't work. It's clear that they have removed the upgrade and cross buy functionality.

Is there any recourse for this since the box clearly says free upgrade, and not time limited?

I contacted the devs back in February and they were able to get it sorted out for me.

44 minutes ago, marcsnake said:

Thanks to Hedini who sent me à message on my PSN account, I can confirm that the free upgrade is now available 👍 in Europe AT least

Can confirm it is also fixed in NA region. Devs also updated on X that it should be fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a question regarding this game. Since PSN separated both versions, PS4 and PS5, can you get the upgrade if you buy the PS4 digital version or you must buy PS5 digital version?

I saw some digiral games that give you PS5 Upgrade even if it doesn't show on Store.

Thanks in advance

6 hours ago, infrenom said:

Hi, just a question regarding this game. Since PSN separated both versions, PS4 and PS5, can you get the upgrade if you buy the PS4 digital version or you must buy PS5 digital version?

I saw some digiral games that give you PS5 Upgrade even if it doesn't show on Store.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, luketheduke12 said:

It's currently on sale for $4.99, so I'd also appreciate confirmation on whether cross-buy is in effect again, regardless of which version is bought on PSN.

I don't believe the digital versions are cross buy anymore, but I can't confirm this. I'll see if the devs will respond on Twitter and post back if I can get confirmation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, infrenom said:

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

It's currently on sale for $4.99, so I'd also appreciate confirmation on whether cross-buy is in effect again, regardless of which version is bought on PSN.

Devs responded that the game should be digitally crossbuy. I can’t confirm since I own it physically, but they said to let them know if it isn’t and they would contact Sony to fix. YMMV, no guarantees.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Devs responded that the game should be digitally crossbuy. I can’t confirm since I own it physically, but they said to let them know if it isn’t and they would contact Sony to fix. YMMV, no guarantees.

Sadly there's something wrong because I just bought PS4 version but no Upgrade, PS5 version shows the price tag to buy.

I hope they ask Sony to fix it.

11 hours ago, infrenom said:

Sadly there's something wrong because I just bought PS4 version but no Upgrade, PS5 version shows the price tag to buy.

I hope they ask Sony to fix it.

Dev reached back out to me on Twitter. The upgrade is not working and they've reached out to Sony to fix the issue. Apparently the publisher changes late last year, and that's when the game went from PS4/5 crossbuy bundle and physical upgrade, to separate purchases.

So hopefully a fix is in the works promptly. The devs are very approachable, so you can reach out to them on Twitter  (at SeveredSteel) if you need further help.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:31 PM, diskdocx said:

Dev reached back out to me on Twitter. The upgrade is not working and they've reached out to Sony to fix the issue. Apparently the publisher changes late last year, and that's when the game went from PS4/5 crossbuy bundle and physical upgrade, to separate purchases.

So hopefully a fix is in the works promptly. The devs are very approachable, so you can reach out to them on Twitter  (at SeveredSteel) if you need further help.

I contacted them and they were really quick helping and giving me a solution. Dev gave me a key so now I have both versions, PS4/PS5.

Also dev told me that the issue should be fixed when sale ends too, Sony can't do any change right now it seems.

Thanks again for the help here in the forum.

• Like 2