PS5 issue - Unable to access digital games, sign in but internet still works

saiyanbloodstyle

I have had this issue since yesterday and i do not know the name or the issue to this problem to even search it up for a fix, basically the internet works, even on the PS5 i can go on YouTube but i can't even access the sign in screen, every digital game i try comes up with "please wait" and it never loads up, trophies never load up, online status greyed out, basically it's like the PS5 has no internet connection but it has, how else would YouTube work? What is this issue, has anyone else ever got it?

I tried to sign in on my PS3 and same thing it won't sign in......My brother has a PS4 in his room, tried that and everything works, so strange.

27 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

You haven't received a temp ban have you?  You'd get an email if so.

Have you reset your router?

Only other thing I can think of is if your ISP has changed something

No temp but for some reason i unplugged my router, then plugged it back in it started working so thanks for that, i didn't think of it as the internet wasn't the issue as it was working but seems to have fixed it.

• Like 1

I'm very glad you got it fixed.

This goes to show why physical games and preservation are still needed. Can't imagine not having access to game game (or in this case a license) that you legally paid for. Disgusting.

On 9/30/2023 at 2:54 PM, GT__Jedi said:

Good you got it working!  The only other thing I was going to suggest is to refresh your licenses.  That is what seems to always happen to me on the PS5.

Yeah this was very strange, never experienced this issue.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:40 PM, Letenko said:

I'm very glad you got it fixed.

This goes to show why physical games and preservation are still needed. Can't imagine not having access to game game (or in this case a license) that you legally paid for. Disgusting.

Yes indeed, the only games that worked during these were discs, everything else that was digital did not work, further proof of physical games needing to stay alive and it's up to us to make sure of it.