Down The Rabbit (Alphabet) Hole: A-Z

kdogg_gamer_

5 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

That's awesome. Where do you stream? If you don't want to post for all to read or if you are not sure if it is allowed (cause I know I don't) would you message me? I wouldn't mind supporting and hanging out. Also, seeing some of these games live so I can get a better grasp if I want to buy or not.

I stream on twitch! Check right below my trophy card in my signature! :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

How goes the battle? I'm completed to T. But I have s,r and q almost ready to finish as well. And have P about half done haha. 

I am still on A should have AC Mirage done end of next week though, rather simple platinum! What has been a few of your tough letters to complete?

52 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Hi there, cool idea, have fun completing it :)

I see Outlast as your choice for letter O but as good as the game is, it doesn't have a :platinum: so it doesn't fit?! Only the sequel Outlast 2 has a :platinum:

Good catch! I edited it, I meant to put Outlast 2. Haha :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I am still on A should have AC Mirage done end of next week though, rather simple platinum! What has been a few of your tough letters to complete?

Good catch! I edited it, I meant to put Outlast 2. Haha :D

So I'll admit Pistol Whip is kicking my ass. But I got most of the hard trophies done last night. 

Other than that Vacation Simulator was only tough because of the sand castles and ice sculptures. But my wife helped me get through those. 

I looked over your list a lot of longer titles you might get to F by the new year! Haha

49 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

So I'll admit Pistol Whip is kicking my ass. But I got most of the hard trophies done last night. 

Other than that Vacation Simulator was only tough because of the sand castles and ice sculptures. But my wife helped me get through those. 

I looked over your list a lot of longer titles you might get to F by the new year! Haha

I don’t think I’m going to get past Celeste this year! One of my viewers is redeeming the intended difficulty for that one :D

On 10/1/2023 at 4:49 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

F - (Fallout Shelter/FF7 Remake/Feist/Forspoken)

S - (Sonic Frontiers/South Park Stick of Truth/Sifu/Slay The Spire)

I've played Fallout Shelter, it's very easy.  I loved the original FF VII, but if you've already tried the remake twice and don't think FF is for you, chances are forcing yourself to play it once you get to F will not end well.  I don't know anything about the other 2 games.

I've played both Sonic and South Park.  South Park was loads of fun.  Sonic, on the other hand, was not.  The world in Sonic is massive... and I mean MASSIVE.... only one problem, it's completely and utterly empty.  Not in the sense that you travel between main locations, areas, towns, missions, etc...  But the entirety of the world is a barren landscape.  It's basically a couple different biomes devoid of life.  No really, there's nothing to do at all.  It's an easy game, but its so boring.  I was so disappointed by this game.  I would highly recommend you watch a bit of gameplay before even considering this one for this list.  If you like what you see, then great, go for it.  If you think the game looks boring from watching video, then realize that when playing it yourself, it'll be about 10 times more boring.  Maybe I'm being a little overly harsh, but I personally felt the map for this game could have been half the size it is, with twice as many enemies and other things to do, and it still would have felt empty.  Just my 2 cents here.

Good luck with Vanquish!  And Nier Automata was a lot of fun.  Predictable at times, but I'd never played anything else in the series and I enjoyed it.  I didn't 'buy' the trophies at the shop, though I was going to do it, but I was liking the game so much I just did them all organically.  But the shop does save you some time if you're struggling to get the platinum.  I've also never seen a game with an in-game shop that used in-game currency to buy trophies.  That was new... and weird, but I kinda liked it, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I've played Fallout Shelter, it's very easy.  I loved the original FF VII, but if you've already tried the remake twice and don't think FF is for you, chances are forcing yourself to play it once you get to F will not end well.  I don't know anything about the other 2 games.

I've played both Sonic and South Park.  South Park was loads of fun.  Sonic, on the other hand, was not.  The world in Sonic is massive... and I mean MASSIVE.... only one problem, it's completely and utterly empty.  Not in the sense that you travel between main locations, areas, towns, missions, etc...  But the entirety of the world is a barren landscape.  It's basically a couple different biomes devoid of life.  No really, there's nothing to do at all.  It's an easy game, but its so boring.  I was so disappointed by this game.  I would highly recommend you watch a bit of gameplay before even considering this one for this list.  If you like what you see, then great, go for it.  If you think the game looks boring from watching video, then realize that when playing it yourself, it'll be about 10 times more boring.  Maybe I'm being a little overly harsh, but I personally felt the map for this game could have been half the size it is, with twice as many enemies and other things to do, and it still would have felt empty.  Just my 2 cents here.

Good luck with Vanquish!  And Nier Automata was a lot of fun.  Predictable at times, but I'd never played anything else in the series and I enjoyed it.  I didn't 'buy' the trophies at the shop, though I was going to do it, but I was liking the game so much I just did them all organically.  But the shop does save you some time if you're struggling to get the platinum.  I've also never seen a game with an in-game shop that used in-game currency to buy trophies.  That was new... and weird, but I kinda liked it, too.

Wait you can buy trophies in Nier?!

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

And the multiple choice games will be up to my community on what they want me to play. Im at their mercy.

1 hour ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Wait you can buy trophies in Nier?!

Yep!  The trophy guide on this site refers to it in the very first sentence, lol (I actually used a different trophy guide, but it mentioned it too).  You still have to get through the game first, and it doesn't work on every single trophy, but you can buy a lot of trophies, I think even the one for all endings.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

The combat is downright horrendous, and I don't know if that is purposeful to force stealth or that its just bad.

I have always felt this to be true about AC games, especially earlier ones. The game doesn't want you to combat except at certain times; it is usually a trap or difficult challenge. Now, this could have changed with Black Flag onwards through Valhalla but, I am not familiar with those games as I am slowly working my way through the entire series.

• Like 1