Down The Rabbit (Alphabet) Hole: A-Z

kdogg_gamer_

Well, the hair loss is inevitable. It is what it is. Nothing wrong with it nor should it be judged. Trust I get it, same boat. As for the games, that can really fluctuate up or down. I hope Gollum turns out better than what reviews say. That is the one I am most interested in finding out about as I really wanted before I heard the same as you. I am too far behind in the AC storyline to look into Mirage but I will look for your opinion on it as well. I also got Kingdoms of Amalur on my backlog and will be starting Wo Long this upcoming weekend, I hope. Lol. It's great to see some game overlap. The idea alone is worth coming back to check on your progress, but I look forward to talking to you about some of these games and others who comment.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well, the hair loss is inevitable. It is what it is. Nothing wrong with it nor should it be judged. Trust I get it, same boat. As for the games, that can really fluctuate up or down. I hope Gollum turns out better than what reviews say. That is the one I am most interested in finding out about as I really wanted before I heard the same as you. I am too far behind in the AC storyline to look into Mirage but I will look for your opinion on it as well. I also got Kingdoms of Amalur on my backlog and will be starting Wo Long this upcoming weekend, I hope. Lol. It's great to see some game overlap. The idea alone is worth coming back to check on your progress, but I look forward to talking to you about some of these games and others who comment.

Absolutely! Gollum will be interesting I think at the very least! Can’t wait to chat with you on these. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Good luck on that Y's Origins. I dropped it at the Nightmare runs, maybe you can convince me to give it another go. I thought Celceta and Dana were pretty easy to plat, haven't played Nox yet.

If your referring to just beating Nightmare, the only piece of advice I'd give is to grind 1-2, maybe even 3 levels every boss fight. It doesn't take more then 30-45mins to earn 3 levels. It may not seem like much but it can make a world of diffence.

For the boss rush just use Hugo and always use the green power at max charge with your shied up. That way you can take 2hits before it breaks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Good luck on that Y's Origins. I dropped it at the Nightmare runs, maybe you can convince me to give it another go. I thought Celceta and Dana were pretty easy to plat, haven't played Nox yet.

Oh boy. Nightmare runs sound rough. Lol

Just now, Wild-Arms-R said:

If your referring to just beating Nightmare, the only piece of advice I'd give is to grind 1-2, maybe even 3 levels every boss fight. It doesn't take more then 30-45mins to earn 3 levels. It may not seem like much but it can make a world of diffence.

For the boss rush just use Hugo and always use the green power at max charge with your shied up. That way you can take 2hits before it breaks.

Noted thank you. I hope it doesn’t drive me insane!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Oh boy. Nightmare runs sound rough. Lol

Noted thank you. I hope it doesn’t drive me insane!

It's not too bad man, a 7/10 and probably on par with Vanquish or Furi tbh. You'll play tru it so much that by your 2 Nightmare run everything should just "click". 

• Like 1

Since it seems like it is okay with @kdogg_gamer_ to post other Platinum checklists/trophy-hunting clubs, then I will mostly shamelessly drop mine as well as the Flagship Club that my idea is based on.

A-Z Platinum Club - Using the first letter from a game's title, collect a Platinum Trophy for each letter of the alphabet. There are also two additional categories. 

A-Z Platinum Title Trophy Club - Using the first letter from the Platinum's title, collect a Platinum Trophy for each letter of the alphabet. There are also three additional categories as well as a tracker for those who fill slots with Ultra Rare Platinums.

Both are fun, different ways to trophy hunt, provide incentive/support to clear backlogs and can challenge you to play games you may not.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Since it seems like it is okay with @kdogg_gamer_ to post other Platinum checklists/trophy-hunting clubs, then I will mostly shamelessly drop mine as well as the Flagship Club that my idea is based on.

A-Z Platinum Club - Using the first letter from a game's title, collect a Platinum Trophy for each letter of the alphabet. There are also two additional categories. 

A-Z Platinum Title Trophy Club - Using the first letter from the Platinum's title, collect a Platinum Trophy for each letter of the alphabet. There are also three additional categories as well as a tracker for those who fill slots with Ultra Rare Platinums.

Both are fun, different ways to trophy hunt, provide incentive/support to clear backlogs and can challenge you to play games you may not.

Absolutely! I always wondered who came up with this!! :D

• Like 1

I too started an alphabet challenge. I'm doing them in reverse order Z-A so when I'm done the games will appear in abc order on last played. I am playing multiple things at once though but stop at a certain point if the game I'm playing is not the next letter. Helps me stay interested and not get too terribly frustrated! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!! I was going to post about it once I finished. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Super_Mep said:

I too started an alphabet challenge. I'm doing them in reverse order Z-A so when I'm done the games will appear in abc order on last played. I am playing multiple things at once though but stop at a certain point if the game I'm playing is not the next letter. Helps me stay interested and not get too terribly frustrated! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!! I was going to post about it once I finished. 

That’s clever to organize it on your profile like that!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

16 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

That’s clever to organize it on your profile like that!

Yeah, I like that. Really smart and fun. Anything to engage your mind to help with Trophy Hunting.

• Like 2

For Celeste, I'd reccomend playing it legit for as long as you can. Then turning on assist mode when you get to thr point when it gets too difficult for you to progress. That way there's still a challenge, but you'll actually be able to finish it 😝

As for F, may I suggest the original Final Fantasy VII? It's been ported to PS4 with a trophy list. You say you're not really vibing with the remake, so maybe you can try playing the classic?

Good luck with Gollum. It's not even bad in the way that it's funny, it's just boring and frustratingly janky. And it's a gd tragedy, as Daedalic made the best point-and-click games.

For H, I vote for Hello Neighbour. I think it's a bad game, but unlike Gollum, it's bad in a funny way.

For M, I vote for Mirrors Edge Catalyst. I haven't played it myself, but I think its your best choice out of the opinions, as you've already finished and enjoyed its predecessor.

I love Powerwash Simulator l, but it's definitely for a certain personality type. You will have to actually find enjoyment in the repetitive cleaning process to enjoy the game, otherwise you’re in for 50-60 hours of pure boredom. Watch some gameplay video to see if you're up for it. Otherwise go for Prince of Persia.

For S, I vote for Sifu. I enjoyed the South Park games, but they have very crude humor and aren't for everybody. I can't recommend Stick of Truth without knowing if it would be compatible with you.

For W, I vote for Wo Long Dynasty. Wytchwood looks good, but is a short game. And Watch Dogs: Legion is very divisive. I really liked how you can play as any NPC, but that seemed to turn a lot of people off. Idk, I found this cool punk girl street artist that I played as mostly, so it was like she was my protagonist. But I can understand if you're constantly changing characters it's hard to connect with them and the story.

Overall, this looks like a great idea for your trophy hunting. I wish you the best of luck getting through it! 🫶

• Like 1

Good luck!

22 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Thanks for the free advertising... 🤣

Since you are doing the whole alphabet I expect you to join the AZ Club as an Alpha Collector sooner or later!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Winston said:

Good luck!

Thanks for the free advertising... 🤣

Since you are doing the whole alphabet I expect you to join the AZ Club as an Alpha Collector sooner or later!

No problem! That's cool you saw the post. Did you get a message because I linked it or just happen to stumble upon this forum?