The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

After a month of almost exclusively catching fish in the game, I'm finally done with the fisher trophy! :D

I was never afraid or averse to the trophy, but it was kinda intimidating at first. I wasn't sure how long it would take to (almost) finish the fishing log, and at first it felt like it would take months. But after a while - specifically after finishing the ARR fish - it became easier, and the progress felt faster. Ironic, since the fish in the following expansions got more difficult and complex to catch.

I actually started to enjoy fishing in this game! It's a mix between being relaxing and exciting; you just sit there and catch fish, one after the other, watching a video or reading something (and sometimes just sitting there and contemplating life), until you get the Big Fish or the normal fish you want. And it is satisfying to catch that one rare fish and to finally be victorious (I'm thinking about you, damn Sea Butterfly!). Ocean fishing is fun as well, got my 16000 ocean fishing points trophy randomly while prioritizing getting the fish I still needed! 👌

I started doing the fishing relic quests as well. Finished the ARR relic, I'm at the last step of Skysteel, and on the third step of Splendorous, but I plan on finishing them all :D

And I made some friends along the way! Got a few nice chats and hilarious moments during/inbetween the Big Fish windows. It was nice seeing other players going for random fishing related achievements and to just start a conversation with them about anything really. This community is great - all the luck wishes and cheers for random fishers are amazing, they really make you feel welcome and give you a motivation boost!

All in all, it was a better-than-expected journey. I still need ~60 fish to completely fill the fish book so I still have some fishing to do, and the relics won't complete themselves. And if Square decides to add another fishing related trophy, then I'm ready for that! 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear you are doing this! I might try the PS5 list of FFXIV on my special account which buries all the games that have DLC I will never finish(I'm looking at you, Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:MIND :angry:) but I have to find out if I can just use the Square-Enix account I set up for my old PSN account and link it to my other account or I have to start a new one with new characters. Probably not going to play any more FFXIV with my old characters until Dawntrail if that's the case, just set up the account or start the Free Trial on that other account and work with that.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to make a fake list for 6.58, when they inevitably release that patch in mid-March to prep for Dawntrail, since they revealed a lot of stuff in the final trailer and I am going to make this fake list to mock on how

WARNING: This is not a trophy list, it is a joke trophy list mocking how Square-Enix will make every minor achievement a trophy! Please don't take it seriously. ;)

Also, I can't do pictures of icons, but they'll probably be stylish versions of the achievement icons.

Patch 6.58 Trophies:

BRONZE:

• Satisfaction Guaranteed: Zhloe Alipoh: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Zhloe Alipoh.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: M'naago: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with M'naago.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: Kurenai: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Kurenai.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: Adkirgah: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Adkiragh
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: Kai-Shirr: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Kai-Shirr.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: Ehil Tout: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Ehil Tou.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: Charmelend: Achieve a satisfaction level of 5 with Charlemend.
  • A Real Bad Ash: Attain rank 4 reputation (friendly) with the Brotherhood of Ash.
  • Sylph-assured: Attain rank 4 reputation (friendly) with the sylphs of Little Solace.
  • Kobold as Brass: Attain rank 4 reputation (friendly) with the 789th Order.
  • Licensed to Gill: Attain rank 4 reputation (friendly) with Novv's Clutch.
  • That's Ixal, Folks!: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Ehcatl Nine.
  • Top Gundu: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Gundu Tribe.
  • Vathcore: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Vath.
  • Top Mog: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Mogmenders.
  • Divinity: Original Kojin: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Divine CIrcle.
  • My Anantaconda: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Velodyna Gatekeepers.
  • In A Barrel: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Seven-Hundred Seventy-Seven.
  • Forever Young: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Dreamspinners.
  • History's No Mystery: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the Stewards.
  • Beard Science: Attain rank 7 reputation (sworn) with the dwarves of Watts' Anvil.
  • You Look Marvelous: Be awarded a total of 100 points in the Fashion Report.
  • Bio-Doma: See the Doman Enclave through the fifth and final phase of reconstruction.
  • Tales to be Told: Complete the quest "Shadow Walk with Me."
  • The Golden Mean: Complete the quest "For Every Child a Star."
  • Sum of our Parts: Complete the quest "Forlorn Glory."
  • Overeducated: Complete the quest "The Meeting of Minds."

SILVER:

• A Life of Adventure: Achieve Level 90 in all combat-related jobs.
  • Mastering the Land: Achieve Level 90 in botanist, miner and fisher
  • Mastering the Hand: Achieve Level 90 in carpentry, alchemy, leaherworking, weaving, goldsmithing, blacksmithing, armouring, and culinary.
  • Frequent Flyer: Attune with all aether currents in all areas out of Eorzea.
  • And Khloe was her Name-o: Successfully complete 50 series of Wondrous Tales.

GOLD:

• What Happens in the Saucer...: Earn 10,000,000 MGP at Gold Saucer attractions.

• I Hope Mentor Will Notice: Complete 2000 duties in Mentor Roulette. :devil:

• Off to the Races: Participate in 3,000 sanctioned chocobo races.

• Always Bet On Me:  Win 1,000 Triple Triad roulette matches.

• Friend or Faux: Play Faux Hollows 50 times.

Seriously, if Square-Enix is going to use old achievements as trophies for 6.5's list for doing 100% Deep Dungeons solo, then I have every dang right to request quests involving getting all the older tribal quests, custom deliveries and even the role quests and special custom deliveries for Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

Also, I'm sure they're going to make us do other stuff in 7.0, but I'm going to bookmark the thread before anyone else does: "Final Fantasy XIV: The Game You Will NEVER Finish: 7.0." ^_^

Since 6.55 will come with 6 new legendary Big Fish I decided to keep fishing casually and now, Ruby Dragon is the last remaining big fish I need to catch! I've also caught all Endwalker big fish so all that remains is this jerk, plus some fabled ocean fish and the coming 6 new evil fishes lol. So close yet so far away. I never thought I'd end up loving fishing for these as much as I do, it's weirdly therapeutic and rage-inducing at the same time.

NhD1tSm.png

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Managed to get the fishing trophy before the Tuesday patch. Now, I can enjoy my 100% til Dawntrail once it drops. I will say, I actually enjoyed fishing, so I'm glad they added it.  Will try to continue cleaning up the remaining fish on a more casual level. I bet the next ridiculous collection-based trophy we get is for Orchestrion sheets.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Managed to get the fishing trophy before the Tuesday patch. Now, I can enjoy my 100% til Dawntrail once it drops. I will say, I actually enjoyed fishing, so I'm glad they added it.  Will try to continue cleaning up the remaining fish on a more casual level. I bet the next ridiculous collection-based trophy we get is for Orchestrion sheets.

Very much doubt, the last orchestrion achievement came out in 4.2, which was like 6 years ago

Having so much fun with the fish trophy, although some of the legendary ones are something else. 

I also decided to wrap all blue yesterday, and the umbrella achievement was so much fun 

wish they added as a trophy since the blue carnival is actually unique to blue and super fun. 

here for a lot more blue fun in Dawntrail 

• 1 month later...

Got super lucky in fishing today, managed to catch The Ruby Dragon, Lancetfish and Aquamaton all in 1 day. So I've finished the SB big fish at last, and I already had caught Cinder Surprise and Ealad skaan so I am nearing the end of the SHB big fish as well! That trophy is getting closer and closer...

Congrats on your fishing adventures, Brabant! I don't think I could ever do big fishing, too time consuming. If I did decide to go fishing, I'd probably aim for the 12000 points in Ocean Fishing on the Ruby Route... once I get to Shadowbringers, lol. 😜 

On 1/20/2024 at 1:29 PM, TwilightSpira said:

here for a lot more blue fun in Dawntrail 

No love for Beastmaster, I see. :lol: Just kidding, but I can't wait for Yoshida to explain how that new limited job works. I love Blue Mage but I'd love to see them switch it up a notch. After all, having one limited job forever kind of defeats the purpose of limited jobs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally! I caught every big fish in the game. Been slowly chipping away at it since October...Glad it's done before 7.0! Just need to find the mental strength to go for the spectral current blue ocean fishes. Still need a few of them but I just wish there was some sort of reward for catching all ocean fishes.

With that being said, I never once imagined that I would fall in love with fishing this much. When the 6.5 trophy list dropped I dreaded the fishing trophy the most. But I actually feel grateful they added that trophy since I discovered that I was secretly a fisher main all along 😂. Anyway, here's hoping Dawntrail doesn't have satanic fishes like Ruby Dragon or Lancetfish...

DxDvf8O.png

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Finally! I caught every big fish in the game. Been slowly chipping away at it since October...Glad it's done before 7.0! Just need to find the mental strength to go for the spectral current blue ocean fishes. Still need a few of them but I just wish there was some sort of reward for catching all ocean fishes.

With that being said, I never once imagined that I would fall in love with fishing this much. When the 6.5 trophy list dropped I dreaded the fishing trophy the most. But I actually feel grateful they added that trophy since I discovered that I was secretly a fisher main all along 😂. Anyway, here's hoping Dawntrail doesn't have satanic fishes like Ruby Dragon or Lancetfish...

DxDvf8O.png

Congrats! :D 🐟
I'm still missing 2 EW big fish, and then around 20 ocean fish until I have all fish currently in the game. I hope I can get them all before DT comes out as well 🤞
Before this trophy got added, I only leveled my fisher to max level as fast as possible, I didn't bother with getting each fish. But over time I started to enjoy it! I'm actually excited to get the new fish in the next expansion as well, it's a fun activity 🎣

• Like 1

Managed to get the trophy just yesterday! Still got about 19 big fish left in Endwalker, but all the others I got. I'm about 70% done with ocean fishing and I think I might as well try to get them all before DT hits. I really can feel what you guys wrote down, I dreaded this trophy more than anything else but having done it now I have come to the conclusion that fishing is just very fun. AND that from now on catching every fish that's added with a patch is gonna be a breeze as it's no longer a 1000 fish hurdle to overcome. I felt the same way about the triple triad cards in 6.0, but same as there, once you already have them all it becomes quite easy to keep it up!

Afbeelding

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Do ocean fishing fish count as unique fish for the trophy? I wouldn't mind getting to Level 90 fisher on that since I just picked up the three crafting classes and all the gathering classes. ;)

Yes, in fact you can't get the trophy as of now without doing it.

• 4 weeks later...