Bonus Episode: ARCHANGEL

PHIL_DADDY1

I see the Deluxe Edition has a Bonus Episode that is dropping in Fall (Northern Hemisphere). From the Telltale Games website, The Expanse: A Telltale Series – Telltale Games, I see it will be released as a DLC. What I want to know is, whether it will be a DLC with trophies!?!?

Does anyone have any inside knowledge???

Those five extra dollars cover an additional DLC episode after the season is done. While we can’t go into detail about what’s happening in that extra episode quiiite yet, you’ll want to stay tuned for that one.

In Australia, it's just over $AUD8.00 more, which while not much, I could spend it on some other cheap, quick & easy platinum games 😁 !!

I would prefer they finish TWAU2 already

1 hour ago, Cantomic66 said:

I suspect it'll be like Deck Nine's last game, Life is Strange True colors, which also had a deluxe edition with a bonus episodes. The DLC episode for that game didn't have trophies so The Expanse game will likely be the same 

True Colors is different developer. This one is Telltale. And Telltale had actually released a dlc for Walking Dead season 1 and it did have trophies. I'm not saying Expanse will certainly have too. Just pointing to the fact the Telltale has an example of DLC with trophies.

Edited by theomgkitteh

31 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

True Colors is different developer. This one is Telltale.

No, Deck Nine is the developer of this as well, with assistance from Telltale. 

To answer the question, I guess it depends if the DLC episode is exclusive to the deluxe edition or will be available individually as well. If it’s exclusive then it shouldn’t have trophies.

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 2:45 AM, VeldinX said:

No, Deck Nine is the developer of this as well, with assistance from Telltale. 

To answer the question, I guess it depends if the DLC episode is exclusive to the deluxe edition or will be available individually as well. If it’s exclusive then it shouldn’t have trophies.

Telltale is the main dev with Deck Nine assisting. There’s a reason it’s called Telltale’s The Expanse. 

3 hours ago, Couga83 said:

Trophies for the DLC got added.

Does someone know when this episode is supposed to be released?

Edit: Never mind, it is already available.
That kind of flew totally under my radar.

Are the trophies all earned just by playing it? I see you earned most of them already.

35 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Telltale is the main dev with Deck Nine assisting. There’s a reason it’s called Telltale’s The Expanse.

If you check the credits you’ll see Deck Nine is the dev. I was being generous when I said “assistance from Telltale” as all they really did was oversee Deck Nine and plaster their own name over it. 😂 They aren’t the same as the old Telltale of their glory days, pretty much just a publisher now. 

Edited by VeldinX

37 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

If you check the credits you’ll see Deck Nine is the dev. I was being generous when I said “assistance from Telltale” as all they really did was oversee Deck Nine and plaster their own name over it. 😂 They aren’t the same as the old Telltale of their glory days, pretty much just a publisher now. 

Guess that’s why they’re developing Wolf Among Us 2 huh? They aren’t just a publisher. Obviously it’s not the same exact team but there’s a huge amount of people that worked at the original Telltale that work at this version, it’s the same team basically. 

17 minutes ago, Matthew_15011991 said:

Apparantly you can't buy it separately, only if you have purchased the deluxe edition.

Probably will be available for separate purchase at some point.

1 hour ago, Matthew_15011991 said:

Apparantly you can't buy it separately, only if you have purchased the deluxe edition.

I purchased the deluxe edition but I can't start it anyways.

It says it's only availabe by purchasing the deluxe edition pre-order... whatever that means, because that's the exact thing I purchased.

So like DarHpokinsn said it will probably release anytime soon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calypox said:

I purchased the deluxe edition but I can't start it anyways.

It says it's only availabe by purchasing the deluxe edition pre-order... whatever that means, because that's the exact thing I purchased.

So like DarHpokinsn said it will probably release anytime soon.

I have the same problem.  I own the Deluxe Edition, but didn't pre-order it. I guess I'll have to wait till they fix it.

I just contacted Telltale support and they responded that the episode hasn't been released yet. When I try to install it on the store it tells me I need the deluxe version, which I have. Yet there's people already playing it so something is up. @Couga83 how did you install the episode?

Thank you for reaching out. The bonus episode has not been released yet. It is still scheduled for fall of this year.

Thanks,

Telltale Staff

Edit: wonder if it's a store issue. I'm from the United States but the people I see playing it are from the UK, Germany, and Ukraine. Maybe it's just a timezone thing.

Edited by Throw7

On 10/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I see the Deluxe Edition has a Bonus Episode that is dropping in Fall (Northern Hemisphere). From the Telltale Games website, The Expanse: A Telltale Series – Telltale Games, I see it will be released as a DLC. What I want to know is, whether it will be a DLC with trophies!?!?

Does anyone have any inside knowledge???

Those five extra dollars cover an additional DLC episode after the season is done. While we can’t go into detail about what’s happening in that extra episode quiiite yet, you’ll want to stay tuned for that one.

In Australia, it's just over $AUD8.00 more, which while not much, I could spend it on some other cheap, quick & easy platinum games 😁 !!

So I ended up spending the extra $$ and now I have the DLC available (with trophies)!

11 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Are the trophies all earned just by playing it? I see you earned most of them already.

It's mostly done by doing some optional side activities like meditating or playing chess (on three different occasions, don't miss one). Just make sure to interact with everything and follow the side objectives and you should be fine.

For the trophy with the votes, you have to think a little bit, whom to support, but it should be pretty much obvious.

8 hours ago, Throw7 said:

@Couga83 how did you install the episode?

It was just sitting in the DLC list of the game like the other episodes and I could hit the download button.

Edited by Couga83
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Guess that’s why they’re developing Wolf Among Us 2 huh? They aren’t just a publisher. Obviously it’s not the same exact team but there’s a huge amount of people that worked at the original Telltale that work at this version, it’s the same team basically.

Look I’m just going by what the official credits from the game say, and pretty much all the development is by Deck Nine not Telltale. 

As for TWAU2, I can’t say but we will see what they are credited with when it comes out. It is worth noting though, it is being developed with a team called AdHoc Studio, which also consists of former staff from the old Telltale so, yeah, in that case it probably is basically the same team.  

• Like 1

Having a dlc purchase problem too.  I bought the deluxe version, I even still have my purchase confirmation email, yet it's telling me on my PS5 (and on the website) that I only own the standard version and would have to buy the dlc.  No clue why it would change versions on me like that.