Just looking for confirmation, is this possible?

TheManQueen

Is it possible to buy games on Account 1 then install those games on a ps vita memory card, then play them with Account 2 and earn trophies?

I have a main account with all my purchases and plus on, then I have another account for that i get my trophies on, I'm only going to buy a vita, if I buy games on my main account and play them on my trophy account. Can I do that? 

I've searched around and I couldn't find a definitive answer, people say that you could do that but now it's patched. Some say you can, some say you can't.

I don't think so. I buyed a used PS Vita and the only way to use my account was to format the memory card. Also the games you get on PS+ are only for the system users if the user with PS+ is there. Which means if you erase you're PS+ account, then those games got from PS+ won't work.

Hope it helped (not the way you would like but... truth hurts sometimes and this is one of htose times.)

• Like 1

^ what he said. games bought on account 1 are tied to it therefore they dont work on account 2.

I didn't knew that games bought we're the same. Example: I bought Sonic 1 and got from PS+ Sonic 2. If I remove my account my brother can't play both games or just the one from PS+? 

I didn't knew that games bought we're the same. Example: I bought Sonic 1 and got from PS+ Sonic 2. If I remove my account my brother can't play both games or just the one from PS+? 

The Vita was updated where the account is tied to the memory card, so you wont even be able to try switching accounts without deleting the games.

But to answer the question, you can't play any games purchased with cash or received free through a paid service such as PS+. All those games are tied to your account. I'm not sure about general free games, but you couldn't now anyway even if it worked.

• Like 2

youre gonna miss out on some great games...

Perhaps, but they're great games I don't care about, I just can't see the real benefit of buying a vita when most of the games coming in 2014 are just ports from the PS3 or indies anyways. That being said £100 for a vita and £70 for a 64 GB memory card, both used is just ridiculous. Even after all that I'm still being restricted and told how I can and can't use a product I bought and own. Too many rules too many restrictions, not worth it at all imo.  

So spending that much is ok if you can earn trophies but since you can't it isn't worth it o_O or is this another game sharing thread hidden as a weird trophy earning thread...yeah I think that is what it is :)

lol think what you like brother and no it's not about the trophies, it's about the fact that I can't have two accounts on MY vita -_- seriously wtf is up with that, I have two accounts, I'd like them both on the vita, I'm not asking to have my account on two vita's I just want to be able to play games I bought on my accounts.

They should allow two accounts on the vita, you could say well having the games on one memory card and using it in another vita is game sharing or cheating the system, but how exactly? If I buy the games retail I just lend them to my friend, but if I lend my memory card to my friend and he uses it in his vita on his account he can't play the games, literally taken any reason to buy digital away.They could make it so your memory card is only allowed to be activated on two accounts.. or like I said before they could just make it so you can have two accounts on your vita.. I don't have a friends to share with but both me and my GF wanted to get vitas, we're gonna buy two vita's, why do we have to buy the same games twice just so we can both experience them; it's all dumb. Either Sony just don't give a shit about their customers at all and want to rinse them for every penny, or they're just totally fucking dumb. 

But anyways I've seen a vita for cheap and maybe I'll just get a 16 gig, that literally halves what I was going to spend, takes the sting of a little bit ;)

thing is it has no warranty, how reliable in your experience has the vita been? Any problems with it just breaking down? I'm pretty sure warranty on a vita won't cover a cracked screen, theft or anything like that so really I'm getting warranty, just in case the vita is a bad one. Heard any horror stories about the vita? like the PS3s YLOD saga or the 360s RROD? Is warranty not even worth it, because the vita is THAT reliable? EU PS store doesn't offer accidental damage  warranty from the store like the US does.  :shakefist:

The Vita was updated where the account is tied to the memory card, so you wont even be able to try switching accounts without deleting the games.

But to answer the question, you can't play any games purchased with cash or received free through a paid service such as PS+. All those games are tied to your account. I'm not sure about general free games, but you couldn't now anyway even if it worked.

Thanks that is good to know

Have you seen videos of people smashing Vita's? The screen can withhold a sledge hammer. Myself and most people I know have a Vita, not once have I heard of any RROD/YLOD problems, the Vita is reliable.

You intend to use the Vita as a Family console, but that's just not what it is. Sure you can let your friends and family play it, but in the end it's a personal system.

• Like 1