New Fatal Frame announced for Wii U

Lady Lilith

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/new-fatal-frame-announced-wii-u

New-Fatal-Frame-Wii-U-Ann_04-21-14.jpg

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo are working together on the next entry in the horror adventure series Fatal Frame for Wii U, the duo announced.

A title and release date for the project have not been announced.

In conjunction with the new game’s development, Tecmo Koei is expanding the franchise through a series of new multimedia expansions.

From Kadokawa Corporation, a live-action film starring Seventeen magazine models Ayami Nakajo and Aoi Morikawa is in production for a fall release, with Bilocation director Mari Asato confirmed in the director’s seat.

From Kadokawa Horror Bunko and Multiple Personality Detective Psycho and The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service author Eiji Otsuka, an original novel is due out in August.

And from Kodansha and Kindaichi Case Files writer Shin Kibayashi (known by his pen name Tadashi Agi), a comic is also planned.

The latest original entry in the Fatal Frame series, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, launched for Wii in Japan in July 2008. It was never localized. A remake of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly launched for Wii in Japan and Europe in June 2012, but was never localized in North America.

Well, this seems out of place.  When did Nintendo buy Fatal Frame?

• Like 1

I remember this game, Still Love this song from it.

SO I guess we are just getting this game Localized.

I remember that @ the final boss you had to get the Piano portion right without missing a note I think 3 was the max times to fail a note or else you start the whole boss fight again(not again as in the beginning, but failing to get it right would bring her back).

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

In your experience, what is your honest opinion of the WiiU. Should I get it pre-owned or buy new?

I would say to avoid it at all costs, but that is just me ^_^

Seriously though if you are interested in one I would wait until after E3 to see what Nintendo does. With the way the thing is failing right now they HAVE to come out strong with a huge price cut and some kick-ass titles.

Then I would probably wait until Christmas because it is going to have to compete against PS4 and Xbox1 and the only way to do that is bundle, bundle, bundle

• Like 2

In your experience, what is your honest opinion of the WiiU. Should I get it pre-owned or buy new?

A whole lotta meh. The system itself, while being Nintendo's best hardware by far, doesn't even come close to comparing to the PS4 or Xbone and since I have both of those systems too the Wii U is extremely underwhelming. There are some pretty damn fun games on the system, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World and The Wind Waker HD are all great (as I'm sure Mario Kart 8 will be) but aside from that there is really nothing else to play. Sure, it is backwards compatible with the Wii so there is another 10 or so good games to play. :rolleyes:  

Personally, I'd go used if you want a Wii U. Nintendo has seriously over estimated the casuals and screwed over their "hardcore" fanbase so I don't think they deserve our money. Yeah, I know it makes me look like a hypocritical asshole, if I don't think they should have my money I shouldn't play the system, but like I said, there are a few good games on the system and I imagine there will be a few more releasing this year too. 

If you don't have a PS4 I'd go with that over a Wii U any day of the week, but if you don't the Wii U isn't god awful but it certainly isn't what I'd call good either. I'm hoping since the Wii U has been doing so bad Nintendo will get their shit together and make a good system for the next generation. 

Parker

A whole lotta meh. The system itself, while being Nintendo's best hardware by far, doesn't even come close to comparing to the PS4 or Xbone and since I have both of those systems too the Wii U is extremely underwhelming. There are some pretty damn fun games on the system, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World and The Wind Waker HD are all great (as I'm sure Mario Kart 8 will be) but aside from that there is really nothing else to play. Sure, it is backwards compatible with the Wii so there is another 10 or so good games to play. :rolleyes:  

Personally, I'd go used if you want a Wii U. Nintendo has seriously over estimated the casuals and screwed over their "hardcore" fanbase so I don't think they deserve our money. Yeah, I know it makes me look like a hypocritical asshole, if I don't think they should have my money I shouldn't play the system, but like I said, there are a few good games on the system and I imagine there will be a few more releasing this year too. 

If you don't have a PS4 I'd go with that over a Wii U any day of the week, but if you don't the Wii U isn't god awful but it certainly isn't what I'd call good either. I'm hoping since the Wii U has been doing so bad Nintendo will get their shit together and make a good system for the next generation. 

Parker

Thanks for that. I have an Xbox 1, which ain't that bad but I'm buying the watch dog bundle. 

Saw this on IGN as well, I hope it turns out good, I think if nintendo manages to stagger a first party game every 3 months, and a handful of other decent games throughout the year, they can survive. But as many of you saw from recent releases its just been a bunch of garbo, with their most latest good release being Wind waker HD