Is this platinum as difficult as everyone says?

doc_octogon

The reason I’m making this post, is that I see what seems like a lot of people making this platinum sound super hard to obtain, and for a good deal of people as unachieveable.  A lot of whining/complaining about the difficulty.  I own the PS4 version, but I have seen people saying the PS5 version is significantly easier to platinum.  Long story short, I’m wondering if this platinum is difficult as everyone makes it seem. I have no issue with a hard platinum trophy, whether it takes a lot of time and effort or practice, but I don’t wanna get so close and not get it because I’m hung up on a single activity (it seems like people’s main issue is with Puyo Puyo which I have no experience with). 

For some background, I’ve platinumed past yakuza games, and I know they share similarities with Judgement.  Those were some of my favorite games I’ve played in the past.  I own the PS4 version but I’m wondering if I should purchase the ps5 version to potentially make a platinum run easier on myself. 

So I’m basically wondering, from people who have achieved this platinum, would I be safe to stick with the PS4 version to go for the platinum? Or is it truthfully so difficult  that I should nab a PS5 version?

Thanks in advance for any helpful words. 

Edited by doc_octogon

It's mainly Puyo Puyo that is the challenge yeah, since you have to get over 25 wins in a row if I remember right since a certain opponent won't spawn until around there. But I wouldn't really say it's the hardest Yakuza game to Platinum. If you can do Yakuza 3 then I think you can do Judgement since beyond Puyo Puyo there isn't really much that I would say is extraordinarily difficult.

I think the only thing that really stuck out to me was the drone races but that's just a matter of making the right drone build and knowing the race tracks. There's something you have to do where there's a certain kind of race tournament where you have to race on multiple tracks but after you win a race you can just quit the race, make a save, and then if you lose the next one you can load and not lose progress.

As for Puyo Puyo there is this strategy that worked for me. It might not work right away but it's at least something to go on.

• Like 1

Just now, SpaceIsDandy said:

Depends how good you are at Puyo Puyo.....

Right. I guess I figured that I’ve successfully dealt with past mini games in the yakuza series and wondered if it might be comparable 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

It's mainly Puyo Puyo that is the challenge yeah, since you have to get over 25 wins in a row if I remember right since a certain opponent won't spawn until around there. But I wouldn't really say it's the hardest Yakuza game to Platinum. If you can do Yakuza 3 then I think you can do Judgement since beyond Puyo Puyo there isn't really much that I would say is extraordinarily difficult.

Ah yes I remember the yakuza 3 platinum very well lol.  Thank you

Most yakuza plats are aren't really that hard. They take effort certainly but i would probably put it at a 5/10 if youre competent at the series but after platting 10 yakuza related games it really isn't anything in judgement thats much harder then 0 or 5 outside puyo puyo and the later drone races(especially if you play the ps5 version which lacks puyo puyo and gives you the dlc drone frames for free) even mahjong is pretty easy if you know how to create competent hands as the biggest hurdle is actually learning how to play the damn game.

• Like 2

Puyo Puyo is challenging if you're bad at the game (like me lol) but the cheese strat linked above will work, it's just not a totally free win or anything as you're relying heavily on RNG to a certain degree. I still managed to get it done pretty fast though.

Drone racing on the other hand is hard because there isn't a lot of room for error. Mechanically it's very straightforward and the tracks are pretty simple to learn, it's just, with some of the races if you make a single error you won't win. YMMV like with all skill-related games but I found it to be one of the harder things to do in any of the Yakuza plats so far (and I only have a few games left to go.) I had more trouble with it than Yakuza 3 mini-games which people often cite and super frustrating (but I found them not really that bad myself.)

Also it's worth mentioning Legend difficulty. It's not actually hard in the least if you've taken the time to learn the game, but, there are no guns in the Judgment games (so no golden gun) so you can't expect a free carry through lots of combat encounters like you can in some of the other games if that was a thing you relied on. But it's completely offset by the fact that the combat in Judgment is massively improved over the mainline Yakuza games. No more bosses who just block everything and dash around never giving you a chance to hit them. They're like, actual real fun boss encounters instead lol. Also you have a pretty expanded moveset in Judgment, more physics based stuff since you can jump off walls and juggle enemies (the latter of which is kinda busted when you get good at doing it.)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Puyo Puyo -- use the cheese strat, learn how to be fast in making matches and not lose to pressure if they do combos, sometimes you win, more times you don't.

For drone league and time trials - I used the video below.

Shin Amon -- just avoid getting your phone stolen, bring lots of extracts and make sure to put the best HP items on your quick slots.

I plan to do platinum on both Asian and the PS5 stacks as well, but these strategies work for me. 

Don't let the minigames stop you from playing this masterpiece of a story.

Edited by PrimoZemo
adding recommendation to play the games
  • Like 2