How is the Platinum Percentage So High?

crashban96

I’m only at 13 hours and this game feels like such a slog. Not only that I feel I’ve barely cracked the surface on collectibles. Is there something I’m going wrong here? How can any sit through this? Is there an item that makes getting all the collectibles much easier or is a YouTube guide required? The only I’m even playing and what’s keeping me attentive is my love for Japanese Folklore/Urban Legends. Seriously hats off to all who have platinumed this but god this will take forever.

Edited by crashban96
  • Like 1

The game is a collecthaton, i was able to track 99% of stuff on my own without a guide.

I hate collectibles.

The fact that a guide wasnt required and that i found the combat extremely satisfying and loved the setting of the game and enemy design made me actully want to keep playing and enjoying it.

Guess a lot of people liked it too, or idk. Thats just my take on it.

Other than that, trophy hunting has become more popular these days and i found  that collectibles by itself arent a huge turnoff for most people, if the rest of the list is easy and doesnt add a huge challenge in terms of difficulty, a lot of people usually push through it.

Edited by mephisto3dg
  • Like 2

The game itself is pretty awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but like you said the collectible grind is such a slow pain in the ass. I had to take a 2 month break before I gathered the mental strength to find the rest of the spirits after basically getting everything else done up until that point. 

I really, really liked the game... but yeah the collectible clean up was a slog (it is in every game and this one was quite bad- although not as bad as I thought it would be when I was earlier in the game).

Also the PSNP trophy percentages are always going to be way higher than average because but the people here are (obviously) a bit crazy about trophies haha.

Most here don't equate time with difficulty, but I certainly do. If you could, skill wise, do everything in a game very easily to get a plat but it would take you 1000 hours to do so, they'd say it was an easy plat where in my mind that would be an impossible plat.

I'd say a reasonable rule of thumb for a more accurate % is somewhere between the PSNP % and the actual PS %, as the former is obviously filled with hunters and the later has plenty of people who start a game and instantly drop it.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

• 3 months later...

Just started it this week with it leaving PS+ soon and the amount of souls is daunting to say the least. Do you actually need to collect every single cluster you see or is there more than you actually need? Find myself wasting a lot of time just going around grabbing all the ones in range while in a given area. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was daunting at first but it wasnt really that bad. Got everything done in less than 35 hrs. People should just get enough souls to get the summon tengu ability before collecting most of the souls on rooftops. That sped up collection rate for me by a lot.instead of figuring out which tengu I can go to or which staircase to use to go to a roof, I can just summon a tengu in a second lol. That and of course the blue soul beads. I just used a guide for all the things I missed. Wasnt as bad as I thought. Theres more than enough souls around.