GameStop to close 120 stores

kidson2004

They really aren't. Yeah you have your stores that are full of assholes and they try to make you pre-order shit all the time, but generally the workers are respectful and semi-knowledgeable about video games.

But just like gamers, the actions of the minority make the majority look like idiots and then people start to generalize a whole community based off the actions of a few idiots.

Parker

if thats true you yanks have it lucky - you should see some of the seepage that staffs the uk game stores (called 'Game') - if you ever want to feel like you chose the wrong hobby just look at/listen to the cretinous ♥s that 'work' there for 10 minutes. "NO I DONT WANT TO PREORDER BODYCOUNT! NOT I DONT WANT A GUIDE! NOT I WILL NOT BUY A USED COPY! OH GOD, PLEASE, I PROMISE, ILL NEVER GAME AGAIN IF YOU JUST LET ME OUT OF THIS HELL!!" xD

EDIT: um, okay..... why does this site not censor the f-word but does censor the c-word? Thats kinda racist against the UK!

SLY! I thought you were from the UK?! xD

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I buy quite a few games there, some games are a little over priced depending on the demand but they do have some pretty good deals as well.

My only real complaint is that that sometimes if you buy a "new" game they give you an already opened game that they've already taken the plastic off and kept the disc in storage because they put the case on shelf.
Not a really big deal for most people but if I pay full price for a new game I like to have a new unopened game.

I buy quite a few games there, some games are a little over priced depending on the demand but they do have some pretty good deals as well.

My only real complaint is that that sometimes if you buy a "new" game they give you an already opened game that they've already taken the plastic off and kept the disc in storage because they put the case on shelf.

Not a really big deal for most people but if I pay full price for a new game I like to have a new unopened game.

They've tried to do that to me before and I politely tell them that if the plastic is off I believe it is a used game and they can either give me the game for the price of a used one, or they can get me a brand new copy. I've never had an employee argue about it, in fact the manager apologized to me. 

Parker

Meh., GS was odd to me I went in and bought $80 worth of Psn cards and they gave me weird looks that and they kept asking for my info even after I said no once., felt like I was talking to a website that wants you to register.

And Coryn up here our pawn shops allow two for one game trade in's I love it usually can find high end retail games and grab em with no regrets.

I never do shop trade ins ebay wanted to give me a whooping 10 dollars for all 12 of my games.

Edited by lts_Rainbow_Dash