Question about hacked lobbies and autopop trophies

So I started Blops 2 way back in 2012, I think, and I have all of the mp trophies, some of the campaign trophies and all of the main game zombies trophies except for Tower of Babble plus a couple of dlc zombies.  I've heard countless times now about the horror stories people have of starting up the game and jumping into a mp lobby or match that was hacked and having some douchebag hacker autopop a bunch of mp trophies on everyone in that match or lobby and now those people are either banned from this site's leaderboards or they have to hide the game.  I earned all of the mp trophies ages ago back in 2013, I think, when the servers for big leagues was up and all.  My question is: Are mp trophies the only ones that people who haven't earned them yet have to be concerned about being autopopped in a hacked lobby or can any or all of the game's trophies be autopopped in a hacked lobby?  Has anyone had the zombies trophies or single player trophies popped against their wishes in an mp or zombies lobby?  Or is it just the mp trophies?  As I said already, I earned all of the mp trophies ages ago so I don't have to worry about the mp trophies.  I ask because I enjoyed the mp quite a bit, zombies not as much, but would like to play the mp or even the zombies every once in a while just for fun, but I am concerned about entering either an mp or zombies lobby that is hacked and having a bunch of zombies or single player trophies autopop on me.  It'd be nice to play those modes once in a while for fun and to unwind and take a break from the trophy and platinum hunt, but it obviously isn't worth the hassle to me if I am risking a problem like unwanted hacked trophies.  Thanks for reading all of this and thank you for any info you all might have.  Be well. 

The entire list can be auto-popped by hackers so if you value your profile, you will avoid the MP like the plague unless it's in a private lobby with trusted friends who don't cheat. The public servers are so badly riddled with hackers, you have more chance of running into a cheat, than you do a legit player.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Based on what people say, pvp mp is definitely risky, just get all the trophies before getting into that.

I am actually curious about co-op zombies tho, I dunno if there are auto-pop cheaters there. It would be great if someone could confirm because I remember someone saying in world at war there were cheaters in campaign coop popping trophies.

Edited by Fiercethetear

@HuntingFeverThank you for the info, buddy!  I'll count myself as being incredibly fortunate and blessed then so far considering I've played the mp probably dozens of times over the past several years.  Is that true for just the mp or does it also affect the zombies lobbies as well?  Or rather....are the zombies lobbies infected as well? 😏

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS

Just now, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

@HuntingFeverThank you for the info, buddy!  I'll count myself as being incredibly fortunate and blessed then so far considering I've played the mp probably dozens of times over the past several years.  Is that true for just the mp or does it also affect the zombies lobbies as well? 

AFAIK it's both but the non-Zombie modes are more likely to be infested with hackers than the Zombie ones are, though I personally wouldn't risk it either way. If you want to play MP or Zombies, get some friends together and play in private lobbies instead where the hackers can't get you.

• Like 1

@HuntingFeverOkay.  Thank you so much for the info.  You are definitely saving me from a potential headache.  Over the past few years, I've kinda been back-and-forth so to speak on going back and bustin' my ass to earn ToB and then grind out the rest of the single player trophies.  With this in mind though, I'm just gonna pass and forget about it.  The whole situation almost makes the platinum unobtainable.  Almost.  It definitely makes it a lot more complicated.  It's too bad.  The mp was really good imo.  Oh well.  I guess I can get a few bucks in store credit for it at GameStop.  Thank you again for the info. 

2 hours ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

@HuntingFeverOkay.  Thank you so much for the info.  You are definitely saving me from a potential headache.  Over the past few years, I've kinda been back-and-forth so to speak on going back and bustin' my ass to earn ToB and then grind out the rest of the single player trophies.  With this in mind though, I'm just gonna pass and forget about it.  The whole situation almost makes the platinum unobtainable.  Almost.  It definitely makes it a lot more complicated.  It's too bad.  The mp was really good imo.  Oh well.  I guess I can get a few bucks in store credit for it at GameStop.  Thank you again for the info. 

My advice get the platinum as you can get it legit. So many people would love to be in your shoes, where it's possible you can have yourself a very good Call of Duty platinum, one of the best in the series for sure. Just get yourself a team of people for the Easter egg trophy from this site, and then you're set.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 10:28 PM, TheRetroManiac said:

My advice get the platinum as you can get it legit. So many people would love to be in your shoes, where it's possible you can have yourself a very good Call of Duty platinum, one of the best in the series for sure. Just get yourself a team of people for the Easter egg trophy from this site, and then you're set.

I took your advice.  I did just that and earned Tower of Babble last week.  Have been working on the dlc trophies with a friend and the campaign here and there.  Aiming for 100%.  We'll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

I took your advice.  I did just that and earned Tower of Babble last week.  Have been working on the dlc trophies with a friend and the campaign here and there.  Aiming for 100%.  We'll see. 

Even better a RARE 100% for sure, I wish you good luck on the journey, go get it you got this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently returned to BO2 Zombies to play some of the classic maps shortly before Christmas. Got into the site to check my backlog, stumbled onto this post today and, no joke, 30 minutes after reading it I got into an Origins match and got my 2 remaining trophies (Die Rise and Buried EEs) autopopped by a hacker. Oh well, guess I won't have to worry about those two anymore :|

Edited by DPJUST14