help needed with 2 step verification

hamzanawaz203

I bought PS vita few weeks ago, when I sign in with my existing account that i have  ps3,ps4 it says you need password 2 step verification code blah blah when I send code ON my phone i dont receive it and also f it up by also sign out from my ps4 that was the only way to turn off the 2 factor verification now I am only signed in with my ps3 so how can i fix it with ps3 ,,,,,,,is there any way cause otherwise i have to make my new account to do all the trophies that i have again ...........so yeah 

13 minutes ago, hamzanawaz203 said:

I bought PS vita few weeks ago, when I sign in with my existing account that i have  ps3,ps4 it says you need password 2 step verification code blah blah when I send code ON my phone i dont receive it and also f it up by also sign out from my ps4 that was the only way to turn off the 2 factor verification now I am only signed in with my ps3 so how can i fix it with ps3 ,,,,,,,is there any way cause otherwise i have to make my new account to do all the trophies that i have again ...........so yeah 

I did this and I called PS customer service and they did it from there no problems 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:57 AM, StarWolf3000 said:

Also important: Save the login credentials, otherwise you have to create a new device setup password each time you boot your PS3.

The generated password is a one-time password (OTP). It gets useless after signing out.

False, the generated password is usable as long as you do not remove it from your device password list. Once you logged in with that device password you can always use that for your account. One of the reason why you should make a screenshot or save the device password once you see it.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hamzanawaz203 said:

when ever I sign in on my ps4 they say 2 step verification is active for your account check your mobile phone for a text message and enter the code BUT i never get any code how do you fix that and i am only sign in on ps3 thats the only console i am signed in that i havent sign out thank god 

I use 2FA verification code app on my iPad, precisely so I don't have to deal with this sort of BS. I used to use my mum or dad's phone but that became increasingly inconvenient and annoying so I completely turned off 2FA on my consoles, then set it up again, only this time I chose the 2FA App option for verification - I haven't had any issues since. I use the Google Authenticator App but there are loads of others out there :).

• 2 weeks later...