Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

1 hour ago, VersusCA said:

I haven't actually finished more games, and will lose a game with the update today, but I did put a bit of time into optimising my lists which will give me more badges in the long-run, as well as a slightly easier path to the finish line! My goal was to qualify for Grandmaster + Catch 'em All on all of my non-Minesweeper lists and I found a path to doing just that.

This week I haven't had that much time playing but have mostly been working on NBA 2k24. The grind is longer and more annoying than I was expecting - the list is mostly different from PS4 so even though I did that version already, this is a new experience. So it will be probably another week before I finish.

I've also been "playing" Caravan Stories. I'm about 60% done. It's definitely a 100+ hour grind but I've spent easily less than an hour actually playing it lol. What a remarkable "game" this is! I just set it up on my second console and let it run throughout the day, then turn it off for a few hours at a time to rest. It's free to play, and therefore incredibly microtransaction heavy, so I don't think I would enjoy it much anyway.

In an hour or two I will have the platinum for Battlefront Remastered PS5. Writing the guide was an enjoyable experience but the list was so uninspired, definitely disappointing compared to the Tomb Raider remasters.

Going to need a huge month of May to get back in front of @Shyjun who is currently killing me! I won't be doing as much guide writing so that should help, at a minimum I think I need to aim for around 45 games completed in total with the goal of finishing up the challenge late in June.

List 3 (7/10)

Reveal hidden contents

1 - Caravan Stories

2 - Donut County (1/1/24)

3 - Blood Bowl 3 (PS4) (10/2/24)

4 - Chicken Police (1/1/24)

5 - Rugby World Cup 2015 (1/1/24)

6 - Battlefront II (3/1/24)

7 - Titanfall II (6/1/24)

8 - Rollerdrome (10/4/24)

9 - Doom 3

10 - Greg Hastings Paintball 2

Moving Vanquish to my fifth list to take advantage of the 9/10 on PSNP, plus this approach lets me pick up an extra 1%er badge!

Badges to Earn (16 total, New Bolded):

Jock - Rugby World Cup 2015

Y Tho - Caravan Stories

Anthropomorphic - Chicken Police

1%er - Greg Hastings Paintball 2

Backlog Breaker - Chicken Police, Rugby World Cup 2015, Battlefront II

No Plat - Caravan Stories

Above and Beyond - Caravan Stories

Rare Genre - Blood Bowl 3 (Card and Board)

Guide Writer - Blood Bowl 3

PS4 Master - All games are PS4 except Rugby and Paintball

Licenced - Blood Bowl 3 and Battlefront II - I believe Blood Bowl counts as licenced based on the "Toys" criteria; it was originally a board game, and that board game was originally a spin-off of the famous Warhammer miniature toys.

Grandmaster - Grinder, 1%er, Rebourne Roulette

Gotta Catch 'em All - 15 other badges

Grinder - 500 for Caravan, 100 for Battlefront II, 45 for Doom 3, 30 for Greg Hastings, 25 for Titanfall 2

Rebourne Roulette - Donut County, Titanfall 2, Doom 3

Whoa

List 4 (4/10)

Reveal hidden contents

7 - Tomb Raider I PS4

7 - Tomb Raider II (29/2/24)

7 - Birds of Steel (19/1/24)

7 - Arkham Asylum (2/2/24)

7 - Backbreaker

7 - Resident Evil 7

7 - Resident Evil 1

8 - Tomb Raider III (7/4/24)

9 - Outlast

10 - Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Dropping Final Fantasy for Backbreaker should save a lot of time, as well as open up a few more badges!

Badges to Earn (14 total, New Bolded):

PS3 Master - Birds of Steel, Backbreaker, Resident Evil 1

Guide Writer - Tomb Raider games

No Plat - Outlast

Old School - Tomb Raider remasters

Hard Mode

Package Deal - Tomb Raider remasters

Series Conqueror - Tomb Raider

Series Master - Tomb Raider and Resident Evil

Money Bags - Tomb Raider remasters

Mind Blown

Jock - Backbreaker

Grandmaster - Hard Mode, 1%er, Series Master

1%er - Backbreaker

PS4 Master - Tomb Raider Remasters, Arkham Asylum, Outlast, Code Veronica

List 5 (6/10)

Reveal hidden contents

1 - Cricket 22 PS5 (6/2/24)

2 - King's Tale Final Fantasy XV

3 - Blood Bowl 3 PS5 (5/2/24)

4 - Battlefront Remastered (28/4/24)

5 - NBA 2k24 PS5 (Unpublished guide)

6 - Ghostrunner (13/4/24)

7 - Tomb Raider I PS5 (16/3/24)

8 - Rock Band 4

9 - Vanquish PS3 (14/1/24)

10 - Wolfenstein New Colossus

Big changes to this list. It was an easy choice to drop God of Rock - it was barely contributing to badges and I can take a 4 hour Final Fantasy game in its spot instead of spending 100 hours or whatever on Final Fantasy VII. I also swapped out Galaga for Battlefront to pick up a few more badges, and am putting Tomb Raider I PS5 here so that I can put the PS4 one on my fourth list.

Badges to Earn (17 total, New Bolded):

Peripheral Master - Rock Band 4

Loyalist

Fresh Starter

Brownie Points - King's Tale

Jock - Cricket (or NBA)

PS5 Master - All of the top 7 games except King's Tale

Impossibru

Top Ten - Wolfenstein

Rare Genre - Rock Band (Music)

Guide - Cricket 22

Licenced - Battlefront Remaster and Blood Bowl 3

Old School - Tomb Raider I, Battlefront Remaster, Ghostrunner (PS5 version released a year after PS4, I think this counts)

Rare Letter - Vanquish

1%er - NBA 2k24

No Plat - King's Tale

Gotta Catch 'em All

Grandmaster - Top Ten, Loyalist, 1%er

Omg, having just gone over my lists last night I know how borderline impossible getting Gotta Catch Em All and Grandmaster is. That’s seriously impressive!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, nashoyo68 said:

2 Games completed for list # 1 today. Final Fantasy 9 and Surgeon Simulator. A significant number of updates below since I haven't had any updates in a while.

If I am being honest I did not really enjoy Final Fantasy 9. I Think this is largely due to the fact I was playing with a guide the whole time to handle the numerous playthrough spanning missables. This was probably a terrible idea but I personally didn't want to complete an additional blind playthrough on top of the 2 already required for the platinum. My lost trophy was somehow not 10,000 kills but rather Quina's ultimate weapon since in game time wasn't passing while I had my auto-clicker running for overnight grinding.

Surgeon simulator on the other hand was a frustrating mess. I ended up using the glitch on version 1.0 to minimize the number of operations I had to earn an A++ rank on. The controls for this game aren't that bad with time, but the eye surgery is one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a game. There are so many ways that Bob can ruin your attempt while trying to extract the eyes. I did most of Surgeon Sim in February and finished it up today after cleaning up Final Fantasy 9. This leaves just Assetto Corsa for list 1. As of writing I have completed 12 of the 35 hotlaps, the last remaining difficult part of Assetto Corsa. I am going to try and chip away on these laps as I work on the long grinds for list 2.

The List #1:

1. Paraiso Island 💯Completed 1/1/2024
  2. Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line :platinum: Completed 1/4/2024
  3. Final Fantasy XV :platinum: Completed 1/8/2024
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered :platinum: Completed 1/17/2024
  5. Batman Arkham Knight :platinum: Completed 1/28/2024
  6. Batman Arkham Asylum :platinum: Completed 1/28/2024 (After Knight)
  7. Batman Arkham City :platinum: Completed 2/14/2024
  8. Final Fantasy IX :platinum: Completed 5/4/2024
  9. Surgeon Simulator :platinum: Completed 5/4/2024 (After ff9)
  10. Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition (12/35 Hotlaps)

List 1 Badges:

25 Total

8 Hardcore

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png|spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Badge Details:

Hide contents
  1. Above and Beyond: Assetto Corsa: (250), Final Fantasy 9 (120)

2. Anthropomorphic: Paraiso Island

3. Award Winner: Final Fantasy IX

4. Backlog Breaker: Just about every game.

5. Brownie Points: Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line, FF XV, FF IX

6. Fanboy: Uncharted Drake’s Fortune (Naughty Dog)

7. Licensed: Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Batman Arkham Asylum

8. No Plat No Problem: Paraiso Island

9. OCD: To be determined.

10. Old School: Batman Arkham City and Asylum (Remade in the Return to Arkham Collection) Uncharted Drake’s Fortune (Remastered)

11. Package Deal: Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City

12. PS4 Master: All 10 games are ps4 games.

13. Rare Genre: Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line (Music)

14. Rare Letter: Paraiso Island: “P”

15. Series Conqueror: Batman Arkham Asylum, Knight, City (Batman Series) Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XV (Final Fantasy Series)

16. Simmer: Surgeon Simulator

17. Y Tho? Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line 

18. 1%er: Assetto Corsa, Surgeon Sim

19. Gotta Catch 'Em All: 24 Other Badges

20. Grandmaster: 1%er, Gotta catch em all, Top 10, Rebourne Roulette, Royal Flush, Grinder, Series Master

21.  Grinder: 761 Hours Total

Reveal hidden contents

Assetto Corsa: (250)

Surgeon Sim: (50)

Final Fantasy 9 (120)

Batman Arkham City (75)

Batman Arkham Asylum (35)

Batman Arkham Knight (75)

Final Fantasy XV (80)

Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered (25)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (50)

Paraiso Island (1)

22. Rebourne Roulette: #'s 2, 5, and 9.   

23. Royal Flush: Everything But Paraiso Island

24. Series Master: Final Fantasy Series,  Batman Series

25. Top Ten: Assetto Corsa (Fear)

The list #2:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Ultimate Chicken Horse 4.52% (UR) (Non-Psnp Guide) :platinum: Completed 3/8/2024
  2. PC Building Simulator 1.39% (UR)
  3. Jurrasic World Evolution 10.51%
  4. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 4.02% (UR)
  5. Final Fantasy X 8.69%
  6. Final Fantasy X-2 6.48%
  7. Kickbeat 0.43% (UR)
  8. Darkest Dungeon 2.46% (UR)
  9. Injustice: Gods Among us 0.19% (UR)
  10. Super Meat Boy 0.38% (UR)

List 2 Badges:

29 Total

8 Hardcore

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png|spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png|Overachiever.gif

Badge Details:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Above and Beyond: 10, 6, 5, 4, 2
  2. Anthropomorphic: Ultimate Chicken Horse
  3. Award Winner: Final Fantasy X
  4. Backlog Breaker: 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1
  5. Brownie Points: FF X, FF X-2, FF XIV
  6. Fanboy: Kickbeat
  7. Guide Writer: Ultimate Chicken Horse
  8. Licensed: Injustice: God's Among Us (DC), Jurrasic World Evolution (Jurrasic Park/ World) Uncertain
  9. No Plat No Problem: Kickbeat
  10. OCD/ DCO: Free Badge Essentially. This may prove problematic with FF 14.
  11. Old School: FF X, FF X-2, Injustice God's Among Us Ultimate Edition, Kickbeat
  12. One Trick Pony: Strategy: 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
  13. Package Deal: Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered
  14. PS3 Master: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIV, Assuming I read the rules right.
  15. PS4 Master: 10, 9, 8, 7, 3, 2, 1
  16. Rare Genre: Kickbeat (Music), Ultimate Chicken Horse (Party)
  17. Rare Letter: "P", PC Building Simulator
  18. Series Conqueror: Final Fantasy: X, X-2, XIV
  19. Simmer: PC Building Simulator
  20. Y Tho: PC Building Simulator (120 Hours)
  21. 1%er: 10, 9, 7
  22. Gotta Catch'Em All: 20 As of writing
  23. Grandmaster: 1%er, 12+, Grinder, Royal Flush, Top 10, Ultra Rare,
  24. Grinder: 1170 Hours Total. If I can’t finish this nonsense. This is why. Times from PSNP Guides.
  25. Loyalist: With the UCH guide published all 10 games have PSNP ratings.
  26. Royal Flush: 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1
  27. Top Ten: Super Meat Boy
  28. Ultra Rare: 10, 9, 8, 7, 4, 2, 1
  29. Overachiever: Overly Obsessed With Badges :P

List 2 updates:

Reveal hidden contents

A lot of progress has been made on list 2 since my last update. below are a bunch of progress reports for the games that I started/made progress in.

The Ultimate Chicken Horse guide has been published. I was not expecting it take as long as it did. I wrote multiple section and then completely redid them multiple times. I stand by opinion that this is an excellent party game that I hope more people get to enjoy.

PC Building Simulator is about half done as I am at level 20 with about $650,000. I decided to downpatch this game to 1.0 so I could make use of the PC Bay glitch. In this game you need to reach $1,000,000. In each job you can make a profit of about $300-$500 depending on labor and shipping costs. With the PC Bay glitch I can save an incredible amount of time by getting an extra 2-3 thousand dollars per job. I genuinely cannot imagine grinding to $1,000,000 without it.

Jurrasic World Evolution is close to completion for whenever I complete PC Building sim. I have completed the main 5 islands and just need to 5 star the dlc campaigns to fill out the database.

Final Fantasy 14 is "almost" done. The crafting grinds are done and I am left with mostly fates and leves. The Yo Kai watch event has been a great way to grind fates while doing something else. I have obtained all 13 weapons available on the free trial and completed about 450 fates along the way. This leaves me with about 500 fates left to complete. Guildleves will take until August at the earliest so I am in no rush to complete the fates. I will probably grind fates in Outer Noscae while the blue mages are running around making grinding fates easier.  Aside from those 2 large grinds most of what is left is the gathering trophies. Fisher especially is going to take a long time but should be manageable.

I started up Kickbeat again a while back. Honestly this might be the hardest game on the list in the end. I have owned this game for a while but got turned away by the difficulty when I first started. I recently played through the story on normal difficulty and after the first 2 songs the game kinda clicked and wasn't all that bad. Moving on to hard and realizing that master removes the white attack indicator (hard to explain just watch footage) made me realize that every part of this trophy list is going to torturous. It definitely doesn't help that quite a few of the songs are hard to get a feel for the beat on as just don't listen to this kind of music all that often.

Final update is I have been working through star labs in Injustice. I have around 450 stars as of writing. This is up there with surgeon sim for being an incredibly frustrating experience. More updates to come later for the labs.

EIGHT hardcore badges on a single list. Blows my mind.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy Final Fantasy IX. Great game, horrible trophy list.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

EIGHT hardcore badges on a single list. Blows my mind.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy Final Fantasy IX. Great game, horrible trophy list.

Yeah, even if I did the Hail to the King trophy on a second playthrough(since I'd just do it in the beginning with Vivi), the Ultimate Sword trophy is a no-go for me due to having to go through the entire game in under 12 hours, and having played the original on PS1, I know how brutal that is. :(

2 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Yeah, even if I did the Hail to the King trophy on a second playthrough(since I'd just do it in the beginning with Vivi), the Ultimate Sword trophy is a no-go for me due to having to go through the entire game in under 12 hours, and having played the original on PS1, I know how brutal that is. :(

I agree doing it legit would be very. But you can use boosts for that trophy which trivializes it.

4 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Rocksmith is completed for my 9th game of the list. Loved it as it's essentially a combination of my two favourite hobbies 😄 I also found it much easier than the 9/10 difficulty in the guide (playing guitar for over a decade helps in that sense!) but hey, I'm not one to complain. One more to go! 

New Badge(s) Earned:

69OYObd.png Peripheral Master

rusKixo.png Rare Genre (Music)

Ultra-Rare.gif 1%er (Hardcore)

167-Rocksmith.jpg

2705.png 1/10: Toem

2705.png 2/10: Doom 64

2705.png 3/10: Wukong

2705.png 4/10: God of War Ragnarök (PS5)

2705.png 5/10: Hotline Miami

2705.png 6/10: Cyber Shadow (PS5)

2705.png 7/10: Valfaris

2705.png 8/10: N++

2705.png 9/10: Rocksmith

274e.png 10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (GER)

Badges Earned to Date:

Reveal hidden contents

EMLwD2p.png Anthropomorphic - Toem

ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem - Doom 64

odWe7mC.png  Award Winner - God of War Ragnarök

PoKXZWi.png  Fanboy - God of War Ragnarök

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Valfaris

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony (Indie genre, 6/6) Toem, Wukong, Hotline Miami, Cyber Shadow, Valfaris, N++

69OYObd.png Peripheral Master - Rocksmith

rusKixo.png Rare Genre (Music) Rocksmith

Ultra-Rare.gif 1%er (Hardcore) Rocksmith

Badges under progress:

Reveal hidden contents

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master (5/6) - Doom 64, Wukong, Hotline Miami, Valfaris, N++

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter (9/10)

PdQrAjI.png OCD (9/10)

Loyalist.gif Loyalist (Hardcore) (9/10)

Gotta-Catch.gif Gotta Catch 'Em All (Hardcore) (9/12)

Grandmaster.gif Grandmaster (Hardcore) (1/3)

Good job!! Good luck on Wolfenstein II!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scoooty101 said:

I'm not sure but I'll probably do the ps4 version down the line would that also count as far as the challenge.

Great job on Pathfinder! And yes if you do the PS4 stack it’ll count for this challenge but it’d have to be a second list so you’d need another accompanying 1-9 for it. 

• Like 3